Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I don’t see the hype in this kid to be honest. I expect a potential top class full back to be maurading up and down the flanks like a crazy man and providing another effective avenue to attack or be solid in the defense. I don’t see any hint of that from Dalot unless he evolves a lot over the next few season.

Our fullbacks is a week point and I would not mind seeing him loaned out and we get someone like Hakimi or attal on the right for next season with Chillwell or tierney on the left.

red4ever 79

I don’t see the hype in this kid to be honest. I expect a potential top class full back to be maurading up and down the flanks like a crazy man and providing another effective avenue to attack or be solid in the defense. I don’t see any hint of that from Dalot unless he evolves a lot over the next few season.

Our fullbacks is a week point and I would not mind seeing him loaned out and we get someone like Hakimi or attal on the right for next season with Chillwell or tierney on the left.
In his first few games he was sensational playing on the right and putting in good crosses. Crazy to judge him already. Young lad in a difficult league in a crazy season. Will come good. He has dalot.

SiamDevil

Looked alright in attack but need to maintain concentration for the whole game. Was ball-watching for their goal but lucky there's Jones to take the blame.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Did ok, was at fault for the goal but the cross should never have come into the box in the first place. I'm coming around to the idea of signing a more experienced RB as first choice. Dalot has good potential and is still a teenager and I'm confident he will come good for us.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was good on the ball, got forward well and linked up with Martial. Started to fade towards the end though, but that's something that can be improved. For player who hasn't played much first team football he's showing good signs, excited about him.

Andersons Dietician

He was a bit sloppy and gave the ball away quite a bit but overall he was pretty solid. Should have been on that guy when the ball went over Jones’s head but again he is still stupidly young.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Young and learning but in a meantime just hoping it won't stop United for finding defensive diamonds on the market.

Players like Dalot will also need some great players to learn from and Ash & Val are not even technically a legit defenders.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You can see he's more technically gifted than the other fullbacks. Looks nothing like a defender with the ball at his feet.

IRELANDUNITED

Dalot looks to have potential but we badly need 1 top full back in the summer, Young and Valencia are finished

Aloysius's Back 3

Felt that defensively he was alright but at LB he doesn't have the crossing technique he has at RB. Obvious but still his attributes.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
One of his better games of late. I still would have loved us to have kept Varela though, he showed much greater potential here for me. That said, he was a bit older, but his ability to run with the ball/dribble and his crossing were both first class.

Foxbatt

Yes he was involved in their goal. His anticipation was poor. At those moments he should expect a mistake or the ball eluding Jones. He let the Brighton player get goalside.

Johan07

He was very good today especially considering he is not a natural LB. Basic mistake for the goal but shit like that happens. We did not look completely comfortable on the left hand side in build-up possession with Jones not being a natural LCB either.
I was a ltb surprised that OGS did not let Dalot play at his normal RB and switch Young to the left where he have played a lot of times. But it worked out, good for Dalot.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I think he should be playing ahead of Luke at LB. Felt this performance earned him that. It is not like Luke doesn't give the ball away with sloppy passes sometimes. This guy is 2 years younger than Rashford, he is an exceptional talent.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
One of his better games of late. I still would have loved us to have kept Varela though, he showed much greater potential here for me. That said, he was a bit older, but his ability to run with the ball/dribble and his crossing were both first class.
He was 23 and couldn't defend...

He was a bit sloppy and gave the ball away quite a bit but overall he was pretty solid. Should have been on that guy when the ball went over Jones’s head but again he is still stupidly young.
Yes and no. Yes he should have been closer, but he shouldn't have been left 3 on 2 with Jones like that.

Andersons Dietician

I was a ltb surprised that OGS did not let Dalot play at his normal RB and switch Young to the left where he have played a lot of times.
A lot of people saying similar things but he played most of his games for Porto as a LB did he not? I know it was only something like 7 games but I think 5 or 6 of those were LB. so it’s not an alien position to him.

izec

If we keep playing him every month, he wont improve much. He can only get better if he plays regularly. This kid could be starting for us for years and years, while Young is declining and gets too much game time for my liking.

A lot of people saying similar things but he played most of his games for Porto as a LB did he not? I know it was only something like 7 games but I think 5 or 6 of those were LB. so it’s not an alien position to him.
Pretty sure thats because of injury issues or because players at that position were badly out of form. He didnt play there because he is better on the left.

marktan

Might have bought him a bit too early I feel. He's not ready to be a starter, but he needs first team games to help his development.

Johan07

I think that might be correct. But still: it was very impressive the way he conducted himself and rised to the occasion.
I believe that the tempo and the pressure in the PL in general makes it more difficult to play on your "wrong" side than in any other league. Both for FBs and CBs.
Koulibaly for example plays LCB for Napoli and does really well in a low-tempo Serie A. Will that transfer to the PL?
I hope so, because I hope and think he will transfer here in the summer for that position.
So I was really impressed by Dalot handling this very maturely, previous experience or not. One could still see that its not his preferred position, but very impressive.
Still surprised (and also impressed) that OGS did not go with the "safe bet" and stuck Dalot at RB. It would have been nice if some journo would have asked him that particular question why, instead of the general ones; but I guess that is too much to ask.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was 23 and couldn't defend...
Wouldn’t be the first young full back who that applied to. And he was brilliant going forward.

And tbh, he got caught, once, quite notably - to Phil Coutinho nonetheless. He was only in his first season too, not like he was 23 and had been struggling since 19. We brought him from South America at 21.

Alexit

He will be great for us. He does make mistakes and can look shaky at times but he's really young (not you Ashley) and this is to be expected as part of his "growing pains." He should secure the starting RB spot.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Wouldn’t be the first young full back who that applied to. And he was brilliant going forward.

And tbh, he got caught, once, quite notably - to Phil Coutinho nonetheless. He was only in his first season too, not like he was 23 and had been struggling since 19. We brought him from South America at 21.
No he got caught in most U23 games as well. I can only think of a single full back ever to have played as first choice for a top club that was as weak in the tackle and as poor positionally as Varela. One Djimi Traoré.

Canagel

He needs need to play as much as possible . He didn't cross as much today because he was at LB but still provided threat and set up goal for Rashford. All the home games he needs to play.

Andersons Dietician

I think that might be correct. But still: it was very impressive the way he conducted himself and rised to the occasion.
I believe that the tempo and the pressure in the PL in general makes it more difficult to play on your "wrong" side than in any other league. Both for FBs and CBs.
Koulibaly for example plays LCB for Napoli and does really well in a low-tempo Serie A. Will that transfer to the PL?
I hope so, because I hope and think he will transfer here in the summer for that position.
So I was really impressed by Dalot handling this very maturely, previous experience or not. One could still see that its not his preferred position, but very impressive.
Still surprised (and also impressed) that OGS did not go with the "safe bet" and stuck Dalot at RB. It would have been nice if some journo would have asked him that particular question why, instead of the general ones; but I guess that is too much to ask.
Just guess work but it was mentioned that against pool they had a guy out there who operated in that left hand side and made lots of runs to there and used his pace to great effect vs Pool. I’m not entirely sure but Young might be faster and stronger and better prepared to deal with that and he had probably been preparing with that in mind all week. Just my guess of course but I would imagine that is why Dalot was played at LB in this game.
Pretty sure thats because of injury issues or because players at that position were badly out of form. He didnt play there because he is better on the left.
Didn’t say he was better at LB said it’s not an alien position to him and if you look through his youth record he mostly played as either a RM or LM.

Trizy

Good game. I like his bravery in passing quickly forward. Some nice dribbles too.

If I am being honest though, I'm not seeing the quality we all read from Porto fans on here and Reddit. They were rating him as the next big thing. Of course he's only 19 but nothing is really jumping out as potential world class abilities for him.

Footyislife

Wrong on all counts to be fair - based on this 1 game mind
"Laughing out Loud" atleast argue with logic. Messed up tons of simples passes giving the ball away, was responsible for conceding the second goal all in the second half but I guess that's "wrong on all counts".

He's physical, but lacks the mental ability to be successful playing the football we want with quick decisions & one touch football. Typical Mourinho player which isn't the best fit for us. If he develops cool, he has time on his side. But I'm not holding my breath.

Loublaze

ATLien
"Laughing out Loud" atleast argue with logic. Messed up tons of simples passes giving the ball away, was responsible for conceding the second goal all in the second half but I guess that's "wrong on all counts".

He's physical, but lacks the mental ability to be successful playing the football we want with quick decisions & one touch football. Typical Mourinho player which isn't the best fit for us. If he develops cool, he has time on his side. But I'm not holding my breath.
Harsh, and not based on anything really. To begin with he's only 19 and is still not the player he'll end up being, so Mourinho didn't have enough time to mold him into his typical type of player. Dalot has a lot of attributes going for him which if developed and used the right way can be very useful for United going forward

Good game. I like his bravery in passing quickly forward. Some nice dribbles too.

If I am being honest though, I'm not seeing the quality we all read from Porto fans on here and Reddit. They were rating him as the next big thing. Of course he's only 19 but nothing is really jumping out as potential world class abilities for him.
Sounds much like the Lindelof appraisals before his signing. Its a Portuguese thing I guess

Footyislife

Harsh, and not based on anything really. To begin with he's only 19 and is still not the player he'll end up being, so Mourinho didn't have enough time to mold him into his typical type of player. Dalot has a lot of attributes going for him which if developed and used the right way can be very useful for United going forward
So you're saying a manager doesn't buy players with attributes they favor (insert shocked emoji)?

It's not harsh it's just my observation based on the skills he currently possesses & those he needs to be at a level to which we aspire to. Huge gap in areas that can't be taught as easily. I know he's 19 but intelligence/decision making is really hard to teach. We need a new RB he's just not good enough right now as is & Young isn't close to being at the level we need even if he's significantly better than Dalot.

He needs need to play as much as possible . He didn't cross as much today because he was at LB but still provided threat and set up goal for Rashford. All the home games he needs to play.
I disagee with this statement, but agree with the intent. He will get enough games this season to help him develop, but we have to pick and choose. Both Young and Shaw will need rest.

To some other posters.

He’s a young kid, who has not even played TWENTY first team matches. No idea if he will end up a first team player, but let’s give him time to breathe first. Both Jose and OGS have given him minutes, but he’s been injured for half the season - he will get matches. Let’s not write him off or say he will be our next RB, we just don’t know yet. Let’s enjoy seeing him develop.

Andersons Dietician

He reminds me of Azpilicueta, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing Azpi has been really good and defensively solid but I think that is more what he will be. Doesn’t look to me to be the marauding full blooded RB we had hoped for who was going to take people on, fly past them and whip in balls for our strikers.
Think he’ll probably fall more in to the Azpi, Darmian style of fullback than say a Dani Alves. He really just doesn’t look that athletic at all. He can clearly spot a pass and has a willingness to try them but he gave away a lot of possession today with some really poor passing choices. It’s still very early days and hopefully he kicks on.

Loublaze

ATLien
So you're saying a manager doesn't buy players with attributes they favor (insert shocked emoji)?

It's not harsh it's just my observation based on the skills he currently possesses & those he needs to be at a level to which we aspire to. Huge gap in areas that can't be taught as easily. I know he's 19 but intelligence/decision making is really hard to teach. We need a new RB he's just not good enough right now as is & Young isn't close to being at the level we need even if he's significantly better than Dalot.
Im not saying they don't. but Dalot has a varied array of attributes that most managers with different approaches and styles could probably see a use for. He's not the quintessential Mourinho player and labeling him as such is disingenuous and really not fair to the player. He's only 19 and has barely even played, a little patience.

Nick7

Varela was not and is not "brilliant" going forward.

MetoTTT

Can we just keep him play at RB every game this season please?! He deserves it and we can really judge what he's capable of. Some still moan because we don't developp young talented players to world class anymore then some of them write them off after 4-8 months. It's crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.