5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't really judge him when he's playing out of position on his 10th top flight start. Ridiculous decision from Ole to put him there, especially when he was so clearly uncomfortable with it last time.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Right - so he stood out in today's team as utter shit?

The whole eleven were crap. Dalot has shown a lot of promise but he is only young and needs a good team around him.

Save your criticism for the older players who should be leading.
He did, he cannot defend and it’s not something you can suddenly develop. His “crossing” is overrated on this forum, gets praised for things Snodgrass does every week.

Or we keep persisting with mediocre players when they are young and then criticise them when they are in their 30s and still in the club. Compare Dalot to someone like Trent-Arnold Alexander/Kimmich who are of similar ages.

I don't know why we bought him, he wasnt a player that we needed. We should have bought a more experienced RB.

Welbeckham

He’s utter shit, he’ll never make it.
I agree, and not just based on today. Compare him with Rafael Da Silva (or Fabio for that matter) at the same age and the difference is huge. Our standards have dropped stunningly, because he’s not very talented in attack or defence.

Ace of Spades

Can't really judge him when he's playing out of position on his 10th top flight start. Ridiculous decision from Ole to put him there, especially when he was so clearly uncomfortable with it last time.
Well, the caf experts are crying to give him a chance. He is getting one. It was that or Young or Rojo, and I prefer Dalot.

Silas

He’s utter shit, he’ll never make it.
19 years old in a new country, much stronger league and a dysfunctional team under huge pressure. Maybe give him a chance instead of writing off a kid who only played a handful of games before joining us?

Web of Bissaka

We know defensively he's suspect... nothing new there.

But this is the first time I see him defending in such a brute way, meaning not holding himself back in tackles. Usually he tend to be too soft and let his opponents be. Today, he gets hard and on their face.

The most gutsy one in attack.

:lol: Wow, what's with the recent comments here. Judging him so early saying he's rubbish and all or not going to make it, geez I understand recent games are painful.
Too high expectations eh, expecting him to carry the team already by this stage.

el3mel

He's totally garbage on defensive side I don't know how this side is going to improve as he grows up. It's beyond terrible.

Well, the caf experts are crying to give him a chance. He is getting one. It was that or Young or Rojo, and I prefer Dalot.
Playing him out of position is not giving him a chance. It's throwing him under the bus.

Ace of Spades

Playing him out of position is not giving him a chance. It's throwing him under the bus.
He is not playing out of position, and he is not being thrown under a bus. He played LB, a position he has played before.

He is not playing out of position, and he is not being thrown under a bus. He played LB, a position he has played before.
You can tell he's out of position because he was crossing with the outside of his right foot instead of using his left.

RG 11

When Jones went off injured Ole should have moved him to the right and Young to the left.

He's clearly not comfortable playing on the left and it throws his game off completely since he's so inexperienced as well.

Ace of Spades

You can tell he's out of position because he was crossing with the outside of his right foot instead of using his left.
He is crossing with his right foot because he is a right footed player, and is more confident in that. It does not mean he is out of position.

He is crossing with his right foot because he is a right footed player, and is more confident in that. It does not mean he is out of position.
Of course it does. Right backs are right footed and left backs are left footed. With experience some can swap but he's barely 10 games into his professional career.

MadMike

Too much criticism of a 19yo who's shown promise.

All I can take from the last few games ins that he needs time to become a proper player. Time that might be isn't in our intereset to be spent in the starting XI. We need a more ready and mature RB for next season that Dalot will compete against and strive to become better than.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's totally garbage on defensive side I don't know how this side is going to improve as he grows up. It's beyond terrible.
It improves with pretty much every single fullback as they age. He just turned 20 and is in his first season as a first team player. It's hardly a surprise that he's poor defensively when he gets moved around and is part of a disastrous defensive group. It's not like he came in in his best position and has prime Rio and Vidic next to him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A 20 year old playing out of position and people want rid :lol: sums up redcafe these days. The forums turned into a knee jerk joke

el3mel

It improves with pretty much every single fullback as they age. He just turned 20 and is in his first season as a first team player. It's hardly a surprise that he's poor defensively when he gets moved around and is part of a disastrous defensive group. It's not like he came in in his best position and has prime Rio and Vidic next to him.
I don't see how it's going to improve from being garbage to great. Looks like a big gap for me to cover. Best he'll achieve will be average, and if he wants to compensate for it he'll have to be Marcelo esque in the attack.

Certainly there're many things to doubt and discuss about the lad for now.

izec

New young player and new league, didnt play that much in recent weeks and played the other side. Well he didnt have a good game, but i dont think effort is the issue. He needs time. he may o may not be good enough long term, but give the lad a proper chance.

Ace of Spades

Of course it does. Right backs are right footed and left backs are left footed. With experience some can swap for a run of games but he's barely 10 games into his professional career.
It does not. There is no rule that states that, other than one that you made up in your mind. Dalot can play both RB and LB, and has played that at youth level and even his few senior appearances before we bought him were at LB. The reason he is struggling is because he is not very good currently at FB, and has struggled in the right just as he has on the left. He just needs a bit more time to get used to the league, for now this is good experience for him.

bosnian_red

I like him a lot. People judging him playing left back in a team that's getting hammered and a mess defensively all season, when he's a young right back in a new country playing first team football for the first time in his life, that's what is fecked up. He blatantly has loads of talent and for someone who has just turned 20 a few weeks ago, has shown quite a bit to be optimistic about. Criticize those that deserve it, not Dalot who just fills in wherever he's asked and puts in a shift and works hard regardless of everything. Bad performances are expected and of course will happen.

I don't see how it's going to improve from being garbage to great. Looks like a big gap for me to cover. Best he'll achieve will be average, and if he wants to compensate for it he'll have to be Marcelo esque in the attack.

It takes time. I'm confident in him because he continues to try positive things over and over again. If he makes a mistake it doesn't affect him, he's straight back up and at it again. You don't see that much in modern footballers.

el3mel

It takes time. I'm confident in him because he continues to try positive things over and over again. If he makes a mistake it doesn't affect him, he's straight back up and at it again. You don't see that much in modern footballers.
It's going to improve. The problem is how much it's going to improve, that's the main concern.

bosnian_red

So fecking dramatic, garbage to great :lol: Fabio da Silva looked brilliant at one stage and started in a champions league final for us. Since then he's basically been in lower divisions. Dalot just turned 20. He has shown loads of talent and has had very good performances. He's also had bad performances. What did you expect? Play him on the left of a back 4 that has Jones and Smalling at the heart of it, a midfield that puts in 5% work ethic and can't control the game at all, an attack that barely tracks back and you expect him to carry the defence? It's not even like they went down that side that often. Their goals came from the other side anyway. You can criticize him for not shoving his face in from of the ball when Richarlison did a bicycle kick, but that's hard the first time something like that has happened or a big problem.

Be dramatic if you want. Dalot will be fine. He has shown plenty and has shown a very good attitude despite his age and despite having no experience at all prior to this season. You look at some of the best fullbacks over the years, so many of them were complete wank defensively when they were young. It's a very common trend, young fullback being weak defensively. Shaw was an exception at a young age (but always lacked the attacking qualities), same with Wan Bissaka. Never showed much going forward but is good defensively. Alexander Arnold is probably the best young fullback in the world.

el3mel

So fecking dramatic, garbage to great :lol: Fabio da Silva looked brilliant at one stage and started in a champions league final for us. Since then he's basically been in lower divisions. Dalot just turned 20. He has shown loads of talent and has had very good performances. He's also had bad performances. What did you expect? Play him on the left of a back 4 that has Jones and Smalling at the heart of it, a midfield that puts in 5% work ethic and can't control the game at all, an attack that barely tracks back and you expect him to carry the defence? It's not even like they went down that side that often. Their goals came from the other side anyway. You can criticize him for not shoving his face in from of the ball when Richarlison did a bicycle kick, but that's hard the first time something like that has happened or a big problem.

Be dramatic if you want. Dalot will be fine. He has shown plenty and has shown a very good attitude despite his age and despite having no experience at all prior to this season.
I'm talking about specific thing and that his defensive side has been garbage whenever he played as a back this season. I'm not talking about him as a player in general and it's pretty much obvious. How much he's going to improve defensively is the main question. Not everything improve to great by aging especially if it's that bad as a youngster. He's decent offensively but terrible whenever he's asked to defend.

I'm not expecting him to carry the defense but I'm expecting from my full back to be decent defensively. What's so hard in asking this from my full back ? And it's not just today.

By what I have seen from him he'll be average at best defensively when he grows up and he'll have to compensate for this by being great whenever he goes forward just like Marcelo.

It does not. There is no rule that states that, other than one that you made up in your mind. Dalot can play both RB and LB, and has played that at youth level and even his few senior appearances before we bought him were at LB. The reason he is struggling is because he is not very good currently at FB, and has struggled in the right just as he has on the left. He just needs a bit more time to get used to the league, for now this is good experience for him.
He's played once at LB for us before today. Other than a handful of games at Porto he has always been a right back. Just because he has played there before doesn't mean that's what he is. It's very difficult for full backs to play on the wrong side unless they're pretty much ambidextrous like Maldini or Zanetti.

Status
Not open for further replies.