Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ice-bionic red

I think we have a player here! Didn’t realise how big he was. The quicker we see more of him and Shaw and less of Young & Valencia the better

Andersons Dietician

So there were maybe 2 iffy moments where he slipped probably due to the pitch as a few of our lads seemed to be doing that but on top of that you’ve got to give him credit for his defending when you think of how open we were compared to normally. Young and Valencia are no where near as adventurous and are quite well protected. I know it was only Young Boys so maybe Jose was a little more open to going at them but it will be intresting to see how he does against stiffer opposition and when he gets a taste of the prem.

El Zoido

Valencia has been so crap for so long, people have forgotten what a good right back actually looks like. Happy for the lad, I hope he cements his place along with Shaw.

Barr

Jose's wet dream tall, fast, can head the ball and also comfortable on the ball.
Good game hope he can make the position his by the end of the season.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think we have a player here! Didn’t realise how big he was. The quicker we see more of him and Shaw and less of Young & Valencia the better
The quicker we see the bloke who directly in both of our goals against Watford the better?

I mean, I'm all for Shaw being our first choice left back - but lets not pretend that Young doesn't have a) a place in our squad and b) will do a decent job when called upon.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Back up to who? Valencia is still here, as is Dalot. And he’s behind both, evidently. Just sell him.
That's the thing, I don't see Valencia sticking around once displaced by Dalot. He's aging, and fullbacks deteriorating at that age always is a nasty sight. That's why I think he might keep Darmian who seems okay being Mourinho's "emergency man."

Kapardin

That's the thing, I don't see Valencia sticking around once displaced by Dalot. He's aging, and fullbacks deteriorating at that age always is a nasty sight. That's why I think he might keep Darmian who seems okay being Mourinho's "emergency man."
Aging Valencia on crutches is a better option than Darmian.

Ibi Dreams

He is built like a tank. Shocked how big he looks for 19.
He's got a strong build, but in that post match interview he did with Shaw you can see that Shaw is actually significantly bigger than him (build, not height).

Djemba-Djemba

Promising debut.

If him and Shaw both stay fit and have good seasons it will make the world of difference to the overall team. Fullbacks are so important now.

roseguy64

Sorry for asking @Adisa but is Valencia really so bad as painted here that everyone is despairing for this kid to play? He needs to be gradually introduced imo. He is lacking a pre season, coming from a 5 to 6 months pause, new reality, much stronger league. I can see Mourinho trying to preserve him from the League games for now, maybe will play him on FA Cups and League Cups, he is still raw, but I like this kid, Cancelo with the same age probably nobody suspected he would be playing for Juve now, maybe Diogo can develop, but it will take time.
That will definitely be the plan. Valencia is still the first choice RB.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Started like a house on fire, understandly gassed a little around 30 minutes but then recovered and played well in the 2nd.

Slipped a few times but that was mainly the pitch, many others fell too.

Loved how urgent he was to attack, he has a good understanding of making 3rd man runs. His passing/control is also very good, which is great to see at a young age.

Best of all though was his crossing, some beautifully angled crosses right at the start and at the end for Lukaku. He's hopefully only going to get better, it's good he's got his debut out the way and now he can really concentrate on forcing his way into the team.

JK-27

Looked absolute quality in the reserve game a few weeks ago, glad to see that was also the case in a real competitive match last night. If Dalot and Shaw keep up these performances our FB issues may finally be solved. Now we just need to sort the CBs!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would be a great result to have solved our massive FB concerns of the summer for just £19m.

El-Manos

He’ll feature more than people think. Valencia is still first choice but I reckon he’ll start a few home games this season in the premier league

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’ll feature more than people think. Valencia is still first choice but I reckon he’ll start a few home games this season in the premier league
Agreed, especially since in pre season Jose made a comment about valencias leg injury.
He said something along the lines of its not ever going to be fully better and over the season will likely get worse.
Based on that you'd guess Valencia will be out enough for Dalot to effectively take over, especially considering the rest of his competition (Young,Darmian)

Noc-Z

ffs
Would be delighted if he edges out Valencia. I've never been a fan - not as a winger and not as a full-back. So one footed its embarrassing, constantly running into dead-ends, devoid of any creativity. But regardless, Dalot looked a player, really pleased with what I've saw so far.

Someone thought he was a signing for the under 23s and wouldn't get much game time - his quality and potential is very obvious.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think the idea when we signed him was that he'd be first choice by the end of the season, perhaps even earlier. Valencia's 33 now so I don't think he'd be too upset if he did end up losing his place to him, never struck me as the type to sulk or kick up a fuss about something like that.

AltiUn

Someone thought he was a signing for the under 23s and wouldn't get much game time - his quality and potential is very obvious.
Really? Surely the £20m price tag must have given it away that he'd be in the first team :lol:

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Really? Surely the £20m price tag must have given it away that he'd be in the first team :lol:
Real Madrid signed Vinicius Jr for 45m and put him in the reserves. Nothing is unthinkable in this day and age

AltiUn

Real Madrid signed Vinicius Jr for 45m and put him in the reserves. Nothing is unthinkable in this day and age
To be fair to Madrid they have tens of millions of pounds worth of talent in the position Vinicius plays, we don't have that luxury.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
People getting a little carried away I think. Yes he looked good but that was little better than a pub team we were playing last night. Wolves on Saturday would be a much better test for him. If we get a decent lead in the game he might get a run.

Thought he was great going forward, but got skinned a couple of times. Still, a very impressive debut. A
I'm genuinely curious as to when you think this was. He slipped twice, as did others, due to playing on astro turf, but at no point did i see him beaten by his man.

Now comes the mental test for him. Young players often get forward lots and are full of confidence but it's how he reacts to the inevitable poor game or two that will determine whether he makes it here. A lot of players in recent times have shrunk after an injury/shocker.

Toddler

Quite excited about him. Played pretty well last night. His crossing seems to have a good whip in it, whether he will get will get it deadly accurate is another matter. High expectations for this lad!

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Jose's wet dream tall, fast, can head the ball and also comfortable on the ball.
Good game hope he can make the position his by the end of the season.
oh yeah boy has it all, he's a bit like Ivanovic, with plenty of room to improve but what I like is that he can actually make some basic stepovers and make some space for himself, his crossing ability is really good too. And seems to be liking defending as well. Like the lad da lot!

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Would be delighted if he edges out Valencia. I've never been a fan - not as a winger and not as a full-back. So one footed its embarrassing, constantly running into dead-ends, devoid of any creativity. But regardless, Dalot looked a player, really pleased with what I've saw so far.
people will always have a little kick in Valencia, he served well to this club and he had a couple of world class seasons as a winger and as a RB too with more solid seasons there too. even if not at his best he's very solid 7/10 RB which makes no mistakes and can score occasionally. BTW the most one footed player we ever had happen to be one of the best LB in the world. Yes I am speaking about Paddy Evra.

I am excited for Dalot because he's young and very promising but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Valencia played without a winger for three years there . It was a different game for Dalot with a winger and against a poor team

Status
Not open for further replies.