Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Funny, I see this alot. I wonder if AWB would've received the same benefit of the doubt.
Bruno can compensate for his lack of attacking use. I saw Weghorst in the spot next to AWB and long pass the ball better than AWB is able to himself. Seems that the legwork and skill of other players being aware of AWB's limitations is what saves him.

Nevertheless, having 2 good RB's is not a bad thing for the long seasons we have ahead of us.

redcucumber

Bizarre and inexplicable drop off. Wonder if he'll keep starting or if he's done for?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think he did very well to turn his United career round under Rangnick and at the start under ten Hag, but he’s currently playing nowhere near his best football. That’s not to say he can’t get back to his best but right now I’d be playing Wan-Bissaka ahead of him. It’s not about playing the best player but rather the most in form player.

AltiUn

Bizarre and inexplicable drop off. Wonder if he'll keep starting or if he's done for?
Form fluctuates, there will be times he looks like a pub player and times he looks like a world beater. We’ll just have to see how he gets on, but right now I think he should lose his place.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not looked good since the world cup. He did pick up an injury and maybe he's still not got into his swing yet.

Right back for me is still an issue. Dalot inconsistent. AWB a decent defender and works hard but doesn't offer enough threat on the ball. I don't think Dalot is good enough in final third either tbh.

Malone_Post

The drop off since the world cup has been as bizarre as it has been disappointing. Seemed to have really gone up a step and nailed down that right back position, which could potentially have saved us millions in transfer fees looking for a replacement. Has gone completely off the boil since though.

NZT-One

Form fluctuates, there will be times he looks like a pub player and times he looks like a world beater. We’ll just have to see how he gets on, but right now I think he should lose his place.
Agree with that.

Don't think he looked a world beater just once for us though. If he had, I'd have an easier time seeing the point in keeping him. He is young, he might have some potential. These are the players you can use to generate a few funds. He hasn't shown anything to suggest, that he is a premium solution and the only reason people don't call him out more is that we have a few other glaring holes to fill before the RB position.

Morpheus 7

Strange player Dalot, good before the world cup. Looks like last season Dalot again, out of position far too much. Awb looks more solid with cbs at the moment, hard to know what to do contract wise. We need to address this position in the summer, no messing amount, proper upgrade needed.

redcucumber

I dunno, I've not seen enough to want to keep this AWB vs. Dalot thing going for another year. I'd see how they get on for the rest of the season and look to shift one of them on if the situation continues as is.

Lights Out

When the hell as he been even remotely close to being a world beater?

He’s ranged from competent to, quite frankly, embarrassing.

The second time in less than two weeks he’s been hauled off at half-time. Surely he doesn’t start on Sunday.

AltiUn

When the hell as he been even remotely close to being a world beater?

He’s ranged from competent to, quite frankly, embarrassing.

The second time in less than two weeks he’s been hauled off at half-time. Surely he doesn’t start on Sunday.
I think he was very, very good in the first half of the season and that deserves acknowledgment.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It's been sad to see Dalot's regression. Hasn't really been the same since Qatar 22. He was not the only underperformer in the first half. Far from it. However, he can't blame Ten Hag for the substitution. I think he was shown up by Wan-Bissaka a bit too.

lex talionis

Dalot has regressed and AWB has progressed. Dalot had had a good season, but I'm not sure what his strengths really are. He's not a shut down defender, he's competent but far from brilliant carrying the ball forward and his final ball is ok but barely. On his decent he's decent all the way around, but there's no single attribute you could say is outstanding.

AltiUn

He has regressed but it's not the end of the world, it's good that him and AWB compete.
Think he’ll be reet, a mid season World Cup followed by an injury is unprecedented. We’ll see how he is in a few months.

Long Time Red

Has Dalot really regressed or is he the same player he always has been?

Was it just some teams pre-World Cup failed to expose him and he also had Casemiro come over and help him which helped make him look better than he actually is?

city-puma

The injury issue after WC seems affecting him so much. He needs to find his form back asap. We need him to offer something different than AWB. Fortunately, AWB is back to form.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Has Dalot really regressed or is he the same player he always has been?

Was it just some teams pre-World Cup failed to expose him and he also had Casemiro come over and help him which helped make him look better than he actually is?
It’s a tough one but at the end of the day if you can sustain a goodish level for just 5-6 months out of a 3-4 year time span since you were signed, then you simply cannot be the RB a big club relies on going into the new season.

Yes his footballing intelligence and defending did go up a few notches but it’s too short a patch for us to invest everything in.

We need a new RB this summer and basically have to pick between Dalot and AWB. I’d probably pick Dalot as at least when he was good he suited a top team.

criticalanalysis

I think he badly needs a run of games to find his rhythm, which is easier said than done. There are some things he does that you think 'he looks a decent player there'. When he's in full stride, he can cover some good distance and has a burst of space. He's quite calm in possession, generally an asset when playing out from the back and when he's switched on defensively, he's very capable of dealing with 1 on 1s comfortably.

The issue is tying all of that together and his positional sense when we don't have the ball. He has the attributes to become a very good player. Too early to write him off but AWB deserves the game time for now.

Olecurls99

I think he badly needs a run of games to find his rhythm, which is easier said than done. There are some things he does that you think 'he looks a decent player there'. When he's in full stride, he can cover some good distance and has a burst of space. He's quite calm in possession, generally an asset when playing out from the back and when he's switched on defensively, he's very capable of dealing with 1 on 1s comfortably.

The issue is tying all of that together and his positional sense when we don't have the ball. He has the attributes to become a very good player. Too early to write him off but AWB deserves the game time for now.
Abso bloody exactly

Long Time Red

He started 4 games in a row Newcastle, West Ham, Liverpool and Betis and was poor in all games.

He needs a spell on the bench.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
So disappointing to see him regress since the World Cup, really thought we might have a top quality all-round full back on our hands.

Biggins

There is a good player in him but he needs a spell on the bench and focus on the training for the time being.

He showed the levels he can hit during the first half of the season and because of this it would be mental to discard him so early.

Shaw is a great example. Shaw has had terrible run of games in his career to just again go back to world class level.

Oranges038

He started 4 games in a row Newcastle, West Ham, Liverpool and Betis and was poor in all games.

He needs a spell on the bench.
He's had a spell on the bench and several runs in the team. He even had a decent run in Italy.

He's just not good enough and the next place he should go is out the door.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I think he did very well to turn his United career round under Rangnick and at the start under ten Hag, but he’s currently playing nowhere near his best football. That’s not to say he can’t get back to his best but right now I’d be playing Wan-Bissaka ahead of him. It’s not about playing the best player but rather the most in form player.
It's good that Dalot's slump in form has coincided with AWB's resurgence.
I remember at the start of the season both were rated not good enough, and should be sold, which still may be the case, but certainly both have improved dramatically.
Dalot's drop off is not too surprising, as he was playing so consistently well before the World Cup, and with his injury, he is struggling to get back to that level, with younger players this is very often the case, and very often it is a mental thing, where he may feel if he pushes himself too hard, the injury may reoccur, that is a hurdle he will have to overcome.

NoPace

This is the first time I've thought maybe Ten Hag will sell him and keep Wan-Bissaka, as I'm assuming the Frimpong rumours are well founded.

Abraxas

He looks a bit flat and distracted to me. I think that is informing the performances more than him playing rubbish and then losing confidence. Could be a lot of reasons for that. It's a bit of a guess and maybe a stretch on my part, just a feeling watching him compared to earlier in the season when he was one of the more intense players, particularly at the start of matches he'd set the tone for his performance by closing someone down or putting a tackle in. He's gone sort of ponderous.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
What’s his contract situation?

next_number_seven

I'd sell him and buy Frimpong if possible.

He probably would garner a decent fee since he's young and played for Portugal in the WC.

I'd keep AWB if he's happy being second fiddle

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd sell him and buy Frimpong if possible.

He probably would garner a decent fee since he's young and played for Portugal in the WC.

I'd keep AWB if he's happy being second fiddle
I would keep them both if possible, other areas are more vital and in need of reinforcement.

Newcastle 2:0 Man Utd

slored1

He makes me lean back into thinking we desperately need a new right-back. Every game in which he starts we seem to lose control and are completely dominated on his side. ASM had him bamboozled the whole game, he still has not learned anything from the cup final.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He makes me lean back into thinking we desperately need a new right-back. Every game in which he starts we seem to lose control and are completely dominated on his side. ASM had him bamboozled the whole game, he still has not learned anything from the cup final.
ASM hardly did anything against him besides cut inside and pass it to the middle. We didn't have control because our midfield was a laughingstock defensively and we offered 0 threat on the counter with that immobile tree leading the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.