Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

He's so bad it's not even funny.

How did he get a start ahead of current AWB ?

Mailo

This guy is tall, fast, has decent crosses and decent technique. What he lacks is a brain.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Terrible player who's shortcoming have been hidden due to our system and better players.

Standing in the goal is Sunday League level.

Roboc7

AWB will take his place for a while after that display, maybe Dalot will be the RB that gets sold in the summer.

forevrared

He was already massively overrated around here, but the lack of effort today should be the nail in the coffin of his United career. Embarrassing. feck off to Saudi Arabia with Ronaldo. 0/10. Coward.

acnumber9

Personal highlight was definitely standing behind the line to block a shot. I mean that’s award winning stupidity.

jem

He reminds me of the simple younger brother you'd find in some 80's after-school special on TV.

YikesSchmeics

You could see him shrink smaller and smaller with each setback. Him, Bruno and Shaw were the most notable.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hasn't got back to his pre injury form in the slightest.

Really poor outing today, peaking at hiding in the net when standing 1yard forward could have easily cleared a goal.

Long Time Red

I think people are going a bit overboard as he probably wasn't the worst player out there today.

But that's 3 really poor performances in a week and should not be getting any minutes for a while.

Ludens the Red

Obviously everyone had a shocker today but pretty much every game from him since the WC he’s put in a 5/10 or below performance.
Out of curiosity @bosnian_red @Borys any change in your stance that a right back isn’t a priority?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been scratching my head for a week now as to why he’s been brought back into the team. He’s clearly a worse right back than Wan-Bissaka for me.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
We had two shite right backs for quite a long time. Then we had two pretty damn good ones for a few months. Now they both look shite again. :houllier:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Obviously everyone had a shocker today but pretty much every game from him since the WC he’s put in a 5/10 or below performance.
Out of curiosity @bosnian_red @Borys any change in your stance that a right back isn’t a priority?
He's been mostly garbage post world cup for sure. He's also still just 23. Wan Bissaka has been excellent post world cup. We have 2 right backs where we can get a very decent level out of.

Priorities for me are the positions where we are getting bottom half of the premier league level out of. Striker and goalkeeper. Address our striker position mainly, get a goalkeeper who is worthy of a top club in 2023, and then revisit where we are. Address Maguire being utterly unsuited to Ten Hag and a squad place, replace with a better backup. Address our lack of DMs outside of Casemiro. Address the fact that our midfield doesn't have players who are press resistant and we struggle when pressed.

After we sort out striker, goalkeeper, backup DM, backup CB, starting CM... Then let's revisit where our right backs and right wingers are at. But until then, let's focus on sorting out the 5 very obvious problems in our squad.

Ludens the Red

He's been mostly garbage post world cup for sure. He's also still just 23. Wan Bissaka has been excellent post world cup. We have 2 right backs where we can get a very decent level out of.

Priorities for me are the positions where we are getting bottom half of the premier league level out of. Striker and goalkeeper. Address our striker position mainly, get a goalkeeper who is worthy of a top club in 2023, and then revisit where we are. Address Maguire being utterly unsuited to Ten Hag and a squad place, replace with a better backup. Address our lack of DMs outside of Casemiro. Address the fact that our midfield doesn't have players who are press resistant and we struggle when pressed.

After we sort out striker, goalkeeper, backup DM, backup CB, starting CM... Then let's revisit where our right backs and right wingers are at. But until then, let's focus on sorting out the 5 very obvious problems in our squad.
He’s been here four and a half years and probably played ‘really well’ six times, five of which were earlier in the season. That form was a glitch not his form post WC. This is the real Diego Dalot.
He’s a massive weak link in the back four. I’m pretty sure he’s also been an ever present in these hammerings. We obviously need a central midfielder and a striker, but we urgently need a new right back too.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He’s been here four and a half years and probably played ‘really well’ six times, five of which were earlier in the season. That form was a glitch not his form post WC. This is the real Diego Dalot.
He’s a massive weak link in the back four. I’m pretty sure he’s also been an ever present in these hammerings. We obviously need a central midfielder and a striker, but we urgently need a new right back too.
He's been here for 4.5 years as a young full back learning and adapting while being in disaster teams. Not a whole lot to learn from the previous seasons? Not like he is even in his prime ages now. Why write off a young player when he's only 23? We have bigger issues to address, and I believe he'll find his form again.

He was far from at fault today anyway. Mistake for the first goal. And then Liverpool absolutely battered our left side. Doesn't make Martinez and Shaw shit.

RedIan

I was disappointed to see him on the team sheet. If ever a game needed Awb defensive qualities it was this one.
He was no better or worse than the rest today but he needs to find some form again or AWB please.

Dominos

Right back is still an issue for us.

AWB is a good tackler but still completely lacking in technical quality we need to take the next step to be an elite side. And the other aspects of his defensive game are still questionable.

Dalot has had 4 good months of form in his entire time here, and has since fell off a cliff.. He also doesn't really have any exceptional qualities. He's decent on the ball compared to AWB but not compared to elite full backs. His reputation as an attacking full back is very generous as he rarely does anything useful going forward. Defending started to look better pre-world cup but has been iffy for most of his time here.

Dalot is still 23 though and is relatively inexperienced for his age so I still think he can become a good player. Just a problem that we still have so many holes in the squad to fill that it's difficult to decide which ones you put on the back burner in order to prioritise other positions.

Ludens the Red

He's been here for 4.5 years as a young full back learning and adapting while being in disaster teams. Not a whole lot to learn from the previous seasons? Not like he is even in his prime ages now. Why write off a young player when he's only 23? We have bigger issues to address, and I believe he'll find his form again.

He was far from at fault today anyway. Mistake for the first goal. And then Liverpool absolutely battered our left side. Doesn't make Martinez and Shaw shit.
Usually by 23 footballers are able to show their strengths, like Trent, Shaw, Walker, James did. All of these guys were elite fullbacks by that age so it’s kind of a nonsense to imply he’s a young player learning his trade.
As per first post everyone was shit today but I know what Shaw and Martinez are good at. I have no idea what Dalot is meant to be good at. He can’t attack, he has lapses in concentration and he struggles with the defensive side of the game. He’s not quick, he’s not a great tackler and he’s not got great delivery. So as full back what exactly is he bringing to the table to show that he can progress?

Dominos

I was disappointed to see him on the team sheet. If ever a game needed Awb defensive qualities it was this one.
He was no better or worse than the rest today but he needs to find some form again or AWB please.
AWB is most useful against dribblers. Nunez/Gakpo don't really cause teams issues with their dribbling. And with Liverpool's pressing we need players who don't concede possession as easiily.

So I think it made some sense to start Dalot today although I wouldn't have been agaisnt AWB starting. Realistically I don't think AWB could have saved us, he himself has been part of numerous thrashings over the years too.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Well depending how we define "priority", but since CF, CM (Casemiro backup) and GK as top 3, then I'd say still not priority. I do rate AWB higher than him at the moment anyway.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We had two shite right backs for quite a long time. Then we had two pretty damn good ones for a few months. Now they both look shite again. :houllier:
AWB looked pretty damn good the last time he played. Probably should have earned him a start today. For me that was a worse call than the Rashford through the centre decision that has everyone so miffed.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
AWB looked pretty damn good the last time he played. Probably should have earned him a start today. For me that was a worse call than the Rashford through the centre decision that has everyone so miffed.
Well yeah, he's certainly looked a lot better than Dalot did today, but he's still very, very dodgy positionally and in the air.

While it obviously hasn't worked out all that well... I think that's why Dalot was started against Nunez on their left.

I feel a little bit sorry for him. He was utter shite today and hes going to be benched for it, but he was unfortunate that every single time he switched off the ball ended up in the back of the net.

Fahad Jawaid

He has a decent cross on him, but more often than not, the cross is out for a goal kick, as a fullback he never runs with the ball and watching Liverpool with their full backs run at our players on every occasion and then watching Dalot was making my blood boil.

His defending was comical, from playing them onside for 2nd goal to being behind goal for at least two goals was funny. Should be on the bench for a foreseeable future.

Zoo

It was a mistake to start him today. Wan Bissaka had played himself into our best back 4.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Back to "I don't know what this guy is good at" mode. Sigh, I thought we had turned that corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.