Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManRed

Very poor in defense and gave nothing in attack. Probably still not back 100% from his injury and post WC blues.

Ludens the Red

He seems to struggle with being in and out of the team.
No, he’s just not very good. Still waiting for this ‘great form’ to return post World Cup.
It’s not that he’s recovering from injury and it’s not that he’s in and out of the team and it’s not that the World Cup depressed him, it’s just that he’s not very good and Wan Bissaka is better.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Honestly feel his promising early season form was just a purple patch. He's looked very average since he's comeback into the side.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Generally much prefer Dalot to AWB but the latter is rightly ahead of the former based on form atm.

BorisManUtd

He was great for us before World Cup. Also good for Portugal at the WC. Not as much since.

criticalanalysis

Massively off form. Not surprising but he needs a run of games to get into that rhythm. Tough for him because he's still very inexperienced and has been out of the team after starting the season strongly and then coming back injured.

Long Time Red

Honestly feel his promising early season form was just a purple patch. He's looked very average since he's comeback into the side.
He needs to be protected by the players around him.

If he has Casemiro, Varane and Anthony around him then his weaknesses and limitations are less likely to get exposed which is mostly what happened during his pre-World Cup purple patch.

He was never transformed pre-World Cup, he was just made to look better than he is by the players around him.

kundalini

Seemed off the pace. Strange attempt on the rebound after Garnacho's shot was saved. The space was on the near post and Weghorst was offside so no idea why he aimed far post. Gave the ball away in our half at least once.

Lights Out

Absolutely atrocious. How he is an international footballer is beyond me.

Hooked off after a disastrous first half on Sunday and wasn’t any better tonight.

He’s the one player in the squad where I genuinely can’t think of anything he’s actually good at.

Sid234

He's been definitely off his game since the WC - the injury really impacted him. I was so nervous with him at RB

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Needed to change his boots. Was slipping all over the place.

DownRiver

He is awful, and Malacia is worse. Dalot was so good before his injury around the World Cup period.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Back to his lazy jogging performance which should send him back to POrtuguese league. Such a shame because only thing is to just up his urgency but like 3 times. AWB should definitely start and ETH should work on his weaknesses because he can be a much better player for us. Diogo just doesn't seem to like to work hard enough to play for our club.

Still undecided if we need a new RB or not, perhaps we could try Laird as a 3rd/2nd choice at RB and let them all battle it out. But if wehave extra 20 million I wouldnt hesitate and just get someone like KWP, consistent system player.

Strats

His post World Cup form is a bit worrying. If not Wan-Bissaka completely turned things around we’d have to look into bringing in another right back in the summer.

I hope he can regain his form, we have a lot of important games coming up.

Djemba-Djemba

Really, really poor. Offered nothing going forward and was all over the place defensively

His balance was shocking too, couldn't stay on his feet all night.

He's maybe the only player who has come back from the World Cup and been much worse than he was befoee it.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
He was poor today but hopefully its just a matter of playing himself back to form after injury. AwB has nudged ahead of him as first choice but that can change again very quickly if he gets back to form.

Irwin99

I like him but he was poor again tonight. AWB will start against Liverpool I think.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think we may end up moving along one of Wan-Bissaka and Dalot in the summer. Dalot's post World Cup form and the fact he hasn't signed a new contract yet should be of some concern.

Sylar

That injury was defo a shame. It's killed his momentum that he had with us early season and what he had with Portugal.

Reckon if awb wasnt performing whether Eth would just play him to try get him into form. As it is I could see awb being used and rotating heavily with him depending on circumstances and game

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Someone needs to explain to me what his strengths supposedly are. Even when he was on form earlier in the season he basically just got less bad at things.

I like how much he cares but if you're playing for a top side which we're starting to look like, your on game has to be bringing a lot more to the table than "doesn't feck up as often", otherwise the 50% of the time or more you're not bringing your on game, is just you fecking things up.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
AWB would be getting little sympathy if he was performing like this.

Antony was visibly frustrated that Dalot didn't give him enough of a outlet last night, which the Brazilian desperately needs at times.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Someone needs to explain to me what his strengths supposedly are. Even when he was on form earlier in the season he basically just got less bad at things.

I like how much he cares but if you're playing for a top side which we're starting to look like, your on game has to be bringing a lot more to the table than "doesn't feck up as often", otherwise the 50% of the time or more you're not bringing your on game, is just you fecking things up.
Earlier on in the season he was solid defensively and very good/progressive with his passing. Not that you’d think any of that watching the shambles last night.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

When on form like 1st half of season, very solid defensively, very good on the ball and with his passing and everything attacking, apart from his final cross. Though that improved this season a bit. Aerially he is also weirdly very good. Basically just a very well rounded player talent wise, and only 23 which is very young for a fullback.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Earlier on in the season he was solid defensively and very good/progressive with his passing. Not that you’d think any of that watching the shambles last night.
That's the thing though. Those are just basics you expect from any half decent fullback at a top 4 club. He still wasn't really offering much else. He had one game (against West Ham I think) where he made about 4 crucial back post headers and basically won us the match which was definitely something new for him, but it's looking now like it was just a run of better form rather than him developing/pushing on.

Don't get me wrong I want him to do well, but he needs to add more to his game. For all the stick AWB gets going forwards, Dalot's decision making in the attacking third is too often horrendous. His passing is progressive but also quite often (I mean really FAR too often) goes straight to an opposition forward. Defensively I get nervous whenever people are running at him. It just feels to me like the weaknesses are very apparent where as the strengths I'm really struggling with, which is a problem because that means he becomes a target for opponents.

AWB on the other hand I think has mostly been very impressive since returning, and although he's got stuff to work on himself, he actually does bring things to the table that he is exceptionally good at, so even if he's not a first choice there's always going to be games or situations where he's an obvious choice (e.g. there's probsbly no other fullback in the country who could have come on like he did last sunday and just completely shut down the oppositionattacking threat). Dalot needs to find something like that really along with just becoming more reliable in general.

I mean I haven't given up on him. Evra was beyond hopeless for 6 months when we signed him, Fred I'd have said similar about even earlier this season and now I think we'd be stupid if we let him leave. ETH obviously trusts him for the moment as well, but for me atm he's our most frustrating player outside of the ones who only get picked about once a month.

Last edited:

Sylar

Horrific. Don't know how he didn't come off. But the again were only allowed five subs.

Why was he behind the line for that one goal?

Malkovich

I thought it was obvious to start Wan Bissaka to match Darwin.

The way he leaves everyone onside for no reason on the 2nd goal..

JeffFromHK

he should be sold. he was obviously not trying his best to battle for headers or concentrate fully when defending.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Shouldn’t have started given his form, wan Bissaka would have at least put a tackle and nullified one of their attackers.

hp88

Been terrible since the World Cup, should be 2nd choice to AWB going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.