Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

Needs to gain his fitness back after the injury he hasn't looked the same.

The United

He is still not up to the standard to me. Never really rated him that high though.

CloneMC16

I don't understand why he kept playing long. He did it so many times and nothing came out of any ball.

youngrell

It’s like he’s forgotten everything he’d learned and improved from the start of the season and returned to his previous level.

A big part of his success was the improvement in intensity and fitness levels, surely he hasn’t lost that completely after a few weeks out? Didn’t even look like breaking a sweat today.

Donut

Yeah, I think AWB is back to being first choice… at least for now.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It’s like he’s forgotten everything he’d learned and improved from the start of the season and returned to his previous level.

A big part of his success was the improvement in intensity and fitness levels, surely he hasn’t lost that completely after a few weeks out? Didn’t even look like breaking a sweat today.
First game back from injury…

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He’s not been great in his first two appearances after a longish term injury. Although got a quality assist in the last match and very unlucky not to score today with a fantastic strike. Maybe a teeny bit hasty to decide he’s not the player he once was and should lose his place in the team?!?

Last edited:

Fahad Jawaid

Post injury he has been pretty awful, I lost count to the amount of times he kept passing it back to Maguire every time and then every now and then he will play a hopeful long ball which is noway closer to any player.

Nowadays the RB/LB are supposed to be the attacking outlet for the teams, where the most pacey players are RB/LB, whereas he appears to lack that pace and trickery, plus recently his decision making on the ball has also been awful. Hopefully AWB starts against Barca.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yes, if you forget the one he played Weds.

Of course it takes a few games to get back into rhythm, but he has competition on his hands now so you’d expect a bit more urgency from him.
Out of interest, how do you differentiate between a player who is a few games short of finding his rhythm and a player who isn’t showing enough urgency?

To my untutored eye, there’s no difference.

youngrell

Out of interest, how do you differentiate between a player who is a few games short of finding his rhythm and a player who isn’t showing enough urgency?

To my untutored eye, there’s no difference.
Well I would at least expect him to attempt to do the good things he was doing previously, instead of aimlessly hoofing the ball down the field to no one.

I like Dalot and was very pleased with his progress prior to the WC. Hope he can get back up to speed very soon.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Cut him some slack. He wasn't playing as a full back today. He was playing right of 3 man defence with very limited freedom to go forward. All he was doing is passing back or high balls to the forward. Clearly tactical !

Added to that Sancho wasn't really doing any favors on his side. Also think Antony is a better partner for him than Sancho.

Second game from injury too. Think he will do better .

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Well I would at least expect him to attempt to do the good things he was doing previously, instead of aimlessly hoofing the ball down the field to no one.

I like Dalot and was very pleased with his progress prior to the WC. Hope he can get back up to speed very soon.
But “aimlessly hoofing the ball down the field to no one” ’is attempting to do what he did before. It’s not succeeding in doing what he did before, sure. That will surely come with a few more games.

criticalanalysis

Poor reading of that cross which lead to De God's save but otherwise much improved compared to previous games. Looks like he's a bit sharper and probably feeling the competition from AWB.

Abraxas

Plays some great infield passes at times that really get us moving forward incisively.

The not so good...that finish. Terrible decision to stab at that with the right foot. For a player that's played left back before that was poor.

RedDevilRoshi

Did much better today although I was fuming with that missed chance in the first half. Should have went with his left foot.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Plays some great infield passes at times that really get us moving forward incisively.

The not so good...that finish. Terrible decision to stab at that with the right foot. For a player that's played left back before that was poor.
His left foot is good, I don't think it was a conscious choice, rather instinct.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Back to a very good level today. Nice. Tough choice for ten hag between him and Wan Bissaka for the next 2

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was decent today although did pop up with a miss of the season contender :lol:

Long Time Red

He was up against Harvey Barnes who is having a terrible season so it was a nice game for him to find his feet in.

Wan-Bissaka still first choice at the moment for me.

He was up against Harvey Barnes who is having a terrible season so it was a nice game for him to find his feet in.

Wan-Bissaka still first choice at the moment for me.
Barnes is strangely having a very productive season in front of goal but I watch Leicester quite often and his all-around game has taken a hit, rarely beats his man.

Man Utd 2:1 Barcelona

Greck

I'm just glad is back as I feel it's not a coincidence Antony's production skies when they are paired. That extra bit of space makes an extra load of difference to what a one-footed player can do when cutting.

Man Utd 2:0 Newcastle

The United

I don't really see any improvement from him after the break, though. A Tripper-type FB would ideally push our attacking play to a much higher level right away.

Based Adnan

Was one of the best fullbacks in the league leading up to the World Cup. Since coming back and being injured he's fell off a little.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was fine but glad ETH didn't try leaving him on to deal with ASM while on a yellow.

Dominos

You can't be picking up such early yellow cards as a full back. He did the same thing at the Etihad vs Grealish.

It basically means you can't make a tackle for the rest of the game. Thankfully we had an option on the bench to replace him this time.

led_scholes

He got skinned once, but overall he was fine. However, I do find the yellow harsh, but it was a yellow-able offence. He has to be more careful. When we want to sit back, AWB is the better option though.

Man Utd 3:1 West Ham

footballbite

He's not been good since returning, seems far off where he was earlier in the season and more like his last season's ability.

On current form AWB should be ahead of him for key games.

Status
Not open for further replies.