Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ VII

Will be a huge boost for us to have 2 options in every position in defense going into a tough month.

Think AwB has played well enough for EtH to trust him, so Dalot and AwB will probably rotate the same way Shaw and Malacia does.

Hope they can push each other for the starting position, as we need the rb to overlap and linkup with Antony who struggles to make things happen on his own going past the opponents lb on the outside.

Greck

Will be a huge boost for us to have 2 options in every position in defense going into a tough month.

Think AwB has played well enough for EtH to trust him, so Dalot and AwB will probably rotate the same way Shaw and Malacia does.

Hope they can push each other for the starting position, as we need the rb to overlap and linkup with Antony who struggles to make things happen on his own going past the opponents lb on the outside.
It will be Dalot every game he's fit and if so I will be 100% behind it. Our play out of the back took a nosedive and our right side went from carrying the build up to being competent, not bad, just invisible in stretches, Antony especially has suffered and has taken the wrath of the caf. He's limited but he and Dalot use the space the other creates better than Antony-AWB. It also helps Dalot is more versatile carrying the ball

Last edited:

AJ VII

It will be Dalot every game he's fit and if so I will be 100% behind it. Our play out of the back took a nosedive and our right side went from carrying the build up to being competent, not bad, just invisible in stretches, Antony especially has suffered and has taken the wrath of the caf. He's limited but he and Dalot use the space the other creates better than Antony-AWB. It also helps Dalot is more versatile carrying the ball
Yes he will definately be first choice. But we have a lot of games coming up, and we should not push him to much, causing him to get injured again. AwB was completely out of the picture at the start of the season, now I think he will get some games so we sometimes can rest Dalot.

Think AwB will start the next two matches, with Dalot coming on at the 60 minute mark, so he should start from the Leeds away game. Need Dalot to start the cup games against Barca and Saudi, maybe giving him a rest against Leicester.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I actually think Antony & AWB link up better than Antony & Dalot though I do want Dalot back in the team
Eh maybe because AWB overlaps more, but against any team that presses high Dalot is much more useful in playing line breaking passes.

Both useful options (not something I thought I'd be saying about AWB a few months ago)

Alemar

Feels a lot longer than 3 weeks.
But that’s because we played like 8 games over this period. Anyway, it’s crucial to have him back - Bissaka can’t play non-stop without accumulating fatigue

croadyman

Should we stick with him & AWB or look at bringing in a Dumfries/Frimpong in the summer

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
It will be a very good addition to the squad.

Now that AWB played and showed Ten Hag that he can be trusted, we can rotate our FB until the rest of the season, keeping Dalot fresh and having options.

Hope he will play against Leeds next weekend to get some minutes.

Dalot can prove good against the low block Newcastle will impose (I am not talking about Barcelona as I dont really care about this gala game)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Should we stick with him & AWB or look at bringing in a Dumfries/Frimpong in the summer
It's a position we should be looking to eventually improve but with very tight budget it'll probably be quite distant on our list of priorities, well behind central midfield and the forward spot.

BorisManUtd

Wasn’t he only briefly back after a previous injury? That may be why it feels like longer.
He was out after World Cup, then came back vs Everton in Fa Cup and Charlton in Carabao Cup, only to be out again since then.

Great news he's back in training. Need him and AWB can't play all the time anyways.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I actually think Antony & AWB link up better than Antony & Dalot though I do want Dalot back in the team
Antony also has been steadily improving (not forgetting AWB's improved performance either).
It's a nice problem to have .

Still think AWB should be sold and these performances will help us save some money.

Munkehboi

As well as AWB has been playing recently, he can't cross a ball. Hoping Dalot can come back in ping a few juicy crosses onto Weghorst's head.

Dalot's also much better defending his back post.

croadyman

It's a position we should be looking to eventually improve but with very tight budget it'll probably be quite distant on our list of priorities, well behind central midfield and the forward spot.
Yeah right now it would be fourth on the first XI priority list behind ST,GK & CM

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Cant be true that, it's a somewhat reasonable wage

Red_Heisenberg

As well as AWB has been playing recently, he can't cross a ball. Hoping Dalot can come back in ping a few juicy crosses onto Weghorst's head.

Dalot's also much better defending his back post.
Dalots "juicy" crossing has produced a massive 1 assist in all competitions this season.

AWB has 2, in less games.

Not saying AWB is better, but people love just going all in on what they consider to be true. Dalot is fairly average going forward tbh. He is better at progressing the ball up the pitch though.

MTF

Dalots "juicy" crossing has produced a massive 1 assist in all competitions this season.

Not saying AWB is better, but people love just going all in on what they consider to be true. Dalot is fairly average going forward tbh. He is better at progressing the ball up the pitch though.
Yep, he's average in the final 3rd but pretty good at progressive passes. People sometimes equate good attacking play from a full-back to mainly crossing or other actions in the final 3rd, but they have possession in the defensive and middle 3rds so often that it's pretty valuable if they have tools that progress the ball (be it passing or dribbling) and start attacking moves.

Greck

Glad it's ETH picking the names not people here. I don't think it's even as close of a decision as it's made to seem on here.

come to think of it even the poll on here was 90-10. AWB will be the backup and a damn good one at that. Unlikely ETH will be rotating the position every other week.

Last edited:

Munkehboi

All true and I cant argue with those stats but the point I guess I'm trying to make is that IMO Dalot is more likely to cross than AWB and we have a tall target man now so hopefully we might see some success.

Man Utd 2:2 Leeds United

NickJ

Fair enough he is rusty but his output in the final third is nowhere good enough if we want to challenge again

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It wasn't broke, don't fix it. Bissaka was doing fine and had earned the spot back, in my opinion.

Dalot's injury has given many rose-tinted specs on his productivity.

Abraxas

Terrible. Giving away the ball in your defensive third so easily is criminal no matter how rusty you are. Needs to liven up next time otherwise AWB may be back, and I never thought I'd be advocating for that.

Kag

That was old Dalot. The one people used to rightfully tear apart for being shite.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.