Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I owe you an apology. Massive improvement since the start of the season. Hopefully he keeps on improving.

Chief123

2/2 aerial duels won seems wrong? He made about 6 aerial clearances!
It’s because of the criteria they use to count something as an aerial “duel”. Both players have to contest for the ball or something like that.

Most of Dalot’s brilliant work was sniffing out danger before it reached the opponent.

Strelok

i confess that I misjudged him last season. I always believed that he doesn’t know how to defend. But this year he’s been excellent. He was solid yesterday, he made a couple of clearances from crosses which were important. He adds a lot going forward as well and has high work ethics. How he goes into midfield at times to add numbers is also helping. He is what we want, his passion is also motivating
Same here but imo you didn't misjudge him last season. Anyone who watched him back then would think of the same. Huge credits to both him and ETH. ETH seems to have a really golden touch on his players. Dalot looks pretty world class these days and imo he's probably among the best if not the best RB in the league atm. Cancelo or Trend is better offensively but those guys don't know how to defend.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Were a bit screwed if he doesn't sign. Well be left with just... Awb

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Were a bit screwed if he doesn't sign. Well be left with just... Awb
Wan Bissaka’s a goner in January. Ten Hag after yesterdays game praised Dalot but said how important it is for us to have two quality right backs — ouch. AWB is a total non entity in his mind

Real Name

Wan Bissaka’s a goner in January. Ten Hag after yesterdays game praised Dalot but said how important it is for us to have two quality right backs — ouch. AWB is a total non entity in his mind
ETH brought Lindelof in RB recently so yes AWB is nowhere in ETH's plans.

Silas

Remember all the hate he was getting, with literally 0 understanding for him just being a young fullback? Never understood why he got no slack at all. Barely got a chance, and when he did, it was in a horrendous struggling team with no coaching as a young fullback. And the amount of people that wrote him off is staggering despite this.
Yeah he used to get destroyed on here.. So weird how people had zero tolerance for him considering how little experience he’d had.

Real Name

Remember all the hate he was getting, with literally 0 understanding for him just being a young fullback? Never understood why he got no slack at all. Barely got a chance, and when he did, it was in a horrendous struggling team with no coaching as a young fullback. And the amount of people that wrote him off is staggering despite this.
That's just redcafe for you.

NoPace

I think he's done well enough that we might just look for a Malacia type (young, hungry, good value) to back him up if we don't just buy Frimpong for 30M.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His improvement has been absurd. We should still sign a RB but it's so great to watch a player who has often looked lost in our shirt playing with such purpose, aggression and quality. Earlier if you passed it to him in a tight spot he would panic. Now he's figuring out ways to keep the move going.
Agree with everything in this post.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I’ll be honest I did think he was shit and on borrowed time at United but he’s really turned it around, probably won’t be the last of our write offs to do that this season, ten Hag is a proper coach.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How did he suddenly become a good defender in such a short space of time? Always favour him 1 on 1 these days and that back post defending is fantastic.

Neville almost creamed his pants on commentary when he won like his 4th header of the half and Antonio was breathing down his neck.
He used to be awful 1 on 1 but he's improved massively. I think part of that is he's got Casemiro supporting the potential inside run, so he can focus on going down the line and know that if he does get beaten inside he's got one the world's best DMs there to cover him. His tackling and timing have improved too.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
A beautiful mix in here of those like me who had completely written him off, unable to see the qualities that have emerged under Ten Hag and the swathes of seers who secretly knew all along that he would come good. I'm happy for all of us.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
We don't have a lot of height in the side so it's great that him and Shaw are so strong in the air. They lose hardly any aerial duels from what I can see.

Love Dalots passion. It's almost as infectious as Martinez. He celebrates every tackle or clearance like a goal. Really starting to love this team again

Syphon Wallet

Something clicked with him as soon as Martinez arrived, Martinez has really brought a team spirit and siege mentality to the defence, Dalot seems to have fully bought into this and its helped him immensely.

Mike Smalling

Most improved player under ETH for sure. Aside from the quality, he also brings a level of intensity now, which we've never seen before. Hope he can keep it up. Half a year ago a new RB would have been up there on the priority list, but now it probably doesn't crack the top three.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'm curious what the context was there. Could he have been saying it in the sense that it's important that Dalot has been able to step up while AWB is injured, so saying that we do have two quality right backs already? Or was he straight up saying we need another one, and as such ruling AWB out entirely?

youngrell

Fair play to Dalot, he really is improving in so many areas of the game it's great to see. I thought EtH's assessment of him post match was spot on, he keeps improving his positioning and decision making, and his fitness has gone through the roof. If he can improve his relationship with Antony on the right it will be great.

I was expecting a few of this back post headers to be Maguire when they happened in real time. Colossal performance.

youngrell

I'm curious what the context was there. Could he have been saying it in the sense that it's important that Dalot has been able to step up while AWB is injured, so saying that we do have two quality right backs already? Or was he straight up saying we need another one, and as such ruling AWB out entirely?
It sounded like the latter, but may have been lost in translation.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
He's blossoming into a great player. He can do stuff on the pitch only AWB can ever dream of in his sleep. To remember AWB costed us 50m is just feckin criminal. Hopefully everyone responsible for that deal is already booted off the club. Not to mention Ole also wasted years of Dalot development by keep playing AWB regardless of form. Tbf sending him on loan to Milan is a great move and maybe Maldini taught him some of his magic sauce there.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He just goes to show that some players need a little more time, a luxury at our club of course, but just look at him now.

Mcking

Even though he had a few terrible games, he was good last season. The improvements both defensively and on the ball were there. It's just that we were a very terrible team last season, and no one bothered to take notice.

He's taking it up a notch this season with the general improvement of the team. It's all coming together.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
ETH brought Lindelof in RB recently so yes AWB is nowhere in ETH's plans.
AWB has been out injured for quite a while, and only just got back on the training pitch, so it's understandable that Lindelof could have started, and that Malacia went to RB when Shaw came on the other night. AWB may not be in Ten Hag's plans for the future, but AWB needs to get some minutes somewhere, possibly a loan, or cup games, but seeing how Dalot, and several other players have improved, it's not outlandish to think that AWB could also improve, which could enhance his reputation a little, and possibly increase his value, but long term I don't think he will be with United.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He’s basically an entirely different player that was at the club the past few seasons.

Fair plays to him because I was convinced he would never make the step up.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He used to be awful 1 on 1 but he's improved massively. I think part of that is he's got Casemiro supporting the potential inside run, so he can focus on going down the line and know that if he does get beaten inside he's got one the world's best DMs there to cover him. His tackling and timing have improved too.
And the fact that he now trusts our centre backs to help cover for him if he makes a mistake.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He’s basically an entirely different player that was at the club the past few seasons.

Fair plays to him because I was convinced he would never make the step up.
I think the loan to AC Milan elevated him to a different level. Great foundational experience.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

What I like the most with him is his energy whenever someone does a good defensive action. Something we havnt really seen from United since like 2012.

Real Name

AWB has been out injured for quite a while, and only just got back on the training pitch, so it's understandable that Lindelof could have started, and that Malacia went to RB when Shaw came on the other night. AWB may not be in Ten Hag's plans for the future, but AWB needs to get some minutes somewhere, possibly a loan, or cup games, but seeing how Dalot, and several other players have improved, it's not outlandish to think that AWB could also improve, which could enhance his reputation a little, and possibly increase his value, but long term I don't think he will be with United.
Yeah, I agree. He needs minutes just like any other player.

Status
Not open for further replies.