Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marwood

He's at least as good on the left as he is right. Always has been.

Gives us a bit more height as well which we generally lack with certain players missing.

kundalini

Super play for his goal, positive run off the ball into the box and great composure to score. Thought his attacking play was generally good but terrible moment near half-time when he presented Forest with a decent chance.

Malone_Post

Genuinely think if you put him on the left wing he’d do a better job then Sancho. He’s a very good player to have in the squad.

Alemar

Very good goal today, proper finishing and a great run for the ball.

Irwin99

Even without the goal he played well I thought. Could see him starting in the week.

Anustart89

Good to see him being able to perform on the left as well. Makes me a little bit less worried for the rest of the season with Shaw being able to play centrally once he returns.

Sylar

Probably his best game for us since the world cup. Also glad he scored, it was a nice run and finish, so nice to see him get his first league goal for us and kill off the game.

I also like that he has no fear of using either foot.

mu4c_20le

If he can defend he'd be immense. I think he needs Varane and Martinez next to him, Antony in front to play his best.

criticalanalysis

He played a part of that initial phase of the goal when he played a quick pass out to Antony before running into the box and finishing it. Good movement.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Looks good on the left so he has the ability to shoot with his right foot. His left footer crosses are decent as well, I think ETH needs to get his contract renewed.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Played better on the left than any time on the right post-WC. Maybe the different angles it offers him suits his game more?

led_scholes

Played better on the left than any time on the right post-WC. Maybe the different angles it offers him suits his game more?
Are the angles going to be the new football hipster word? :D

In all seriousness, when he was at Milan he played 60% as RB and 40% as LB. And I think he was more productive as a LB. I guess that by being able to use the left foot helps alot. He is not quite ambidextrous yet.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Are the angles going to be the new football hipster word? :D

In all seriousness, when he was at Milan he played 60% as RB and 40% as LB. And I think he was more productive as a LB. I guess that by being able to use the left foot helps alot. He is not quite ambidextrous yet.
Maybe :) It's true though, if you're on the right most of your passes will always naturally curve away from goal, whereas on the left you can play more progressive passes infield and also shoot. Demonstrated perfectly by his goal. He passes through the lines originally after Casemiro's lay-off, and then gets on the end of the pass and finishes across with his right.

Davie Moyes

Was he not known for playing more as LB as a young player for Porto? I'm thinking of when he played against Liverpool in the CL.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Glad that I was right that we should move him to LB after the shitshow Malacia gave last Thursday. He had a good game, he's all-round good player so I like him getting more involved in this tucked in full back role.

miked99

It was only one game and Forest weren't great, but he played well. If he can keep to this standard whilst playing on the left then it makes a powerful argument for us keeping both him and AWB.

miked99

Was he not known for playing more as LB as a young player for Porto? I'm thinking of when he played against Liverpool in the CL.
I'm pretty sure the half dozen or so appearances he made for Porto were primarily as a LB

ti vu

In Porto B, Portugal youth, he primarily played RB. His breakthrough to the Porto first team was as LB due to Telles injury.

Olecurls99

Back to good form at the weekend. Took his goal brilliantly. Has to start Thursday at LB

Chairman Steve

He took his goal well. He made up for that horrific Leicester miss where he did roughly the same run.

Sevilla 3:0 Man Utd

Lecland07

Don't understand how he stayed on instead of Bissaka.

He made 1 tackle all game and 2 headers. Bissaka made 3 tackles, 2 interceptions, and won three aerial challenges in one half.

redIndianDevil

He is a not a fullback. We should get rid of him. He cannot carry the ball or overlap or make a half decent cross. AwB will atleast be useful for defending. This guy is nothing attack and hurts us in defence.

Sylar

Don't understand how he stayed on instead of Bissaka.

He made 1 tackle all game and 2 headers. Bissaka made 3 tackles, 2 interceptions, and won three aerial challenges in one half.
I'm assuming because it was 1-0 and Eth was thinking we needed to attack and would have had better chance of that with Dalot than awb.

Of course it didn't matter if you concede a minute after half time

edgecutter

Some of.our fans thought he was poor today. I thought he was solid defensively today and made some crucial interceptions.

kundalini

I thought he performed well overall. One poor moment when he gave away possession carelessly in the middle of the pitch. Got across to prevent a big chance for Brighton.

Dominos

That loss of possession on a simple 5 yard pass that lead to Shaw getting booked just kind of typifies how sloppy we are in possession, and how bad the ball retention is in this team.

He was good other than that.

criticalanalysis

He was very good at times and a one man defence on that left side with Rashford disappearing for the whole game.

redIndianDevil

Horrible fullback. We should not be extending his contract. He cannot carry the ball, can’t put in a decent cross, horrible defender. If he had played against Mitoma we would have been dead and buried inside 90 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.