5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

thepolice123

No idea what are we hoping to do with his overlaps. It's either you hit a high cross over the first defender or drill one in and pray the first defender doesn't clear it.

It was the same previously with Valencia. We have no idea what to do with our right flank.

Abraxas

A player that I find it hard to have any strong feelings about. He just sort of goes out there and his performance will range between fairly crap to fairly decent all the time. Very rarely outstanding, or providing something special in the final third. He's sort of okay at most things I'll give him that, but I couldn't say where he excels.

3KDré

No idea what are we hoping to do with his overlaps. It's either you hit a high cross over the first defender or drill one in and pray the first defender doesn't clear it.

It was the same previously with Valencia. We have no idea what to do with our right flank.
Just crossing in general we are woeful at. The last time we were half decent at it was when we had Fellaini backpost and Young on the left and that was the only time it used to work.

NZT-One

Another very good performance today. Our only outlet on the wing until the late substitutions. Also made some vital contributions at the back.

I still find it bizarre people use the words “woeful” and “horrendous” in relation to him. The agendas people hold are frightening
At this point, calling matches like this "another very good performances" could be classed as agenda just as well. He didn't stick out, maybe was one of the more solid players but I have absolutely no idea what would have been the very good part. Pretty sure you watch 10 PL games and you'll see at least 10 or 13 rightback performances that are the same or better.

criticalanalysis

He's one of the VERY few players who can actually create his own space, take a ball under pressure and move forward without it going back. He takes on players on the outside, is always available for a pass and does his defensive duties to a good standard on top of having a good attitude and body language.

His crosses and cut backs may not work all the time but it's a low probability attack that is down to poor movement from his teammates and a last resort by him because we are absolutely shite in progressing in the middle or creating chances through actual passing.

All in all, he's played to a good standard this season. The reason why I appreciate his game is because a lot of it is created by his own ability and approach whilst playing in a majorly disjointed team i.e he's performing and doing the right things (even if it doesn't come off) despite the circumstances.

If he's our Valencia (with all the pros and cons) from under the Mourinho years, that's a 'high' bar considering the rest of the squad imo.

Of course there's always room for improvement and by no means am I 'happy' that this is his level. However, I think people are underrating his all around game because he's not certainly playing with some dominant right sided attacker and/or our midfield is dominating possession and passing him the ball with all the space in the world.

Norris

Thought he had a good game. Can take the ball under pressure. Tries to beat his man. Yes, he didn't always find a man with his crosses, but that's also down to the players in the box and their movement and understanding. As weird as it sounds, he works well with Antony because he knows Antony will almost always cut inside allowing him to find space with an overlap.

CloneMC16

I thought he was one of our better players, but he can't cross for shit. He gets the ball deep in their area quite often, but his final ball is so bad.

Aint gota Kalou

Thought he was our best player today. Other than the weird defending against Galatasary he's probably been our most most reliable player this season

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Been our best player this season. Can forgive the mistake vs Zaha, as he's been just about the only player performing to an acceptable level all season when the rest around him are crumbling

criticalanalysis

Let's not forget it was his shot, which lead to the keeper fumble and ball bouncing back to McT for the first goal.

Also side note, the Brentford keeper was MOTM :lol: Absolute shite for both goals.

Idxomer

He was good, carried the ball well and created a few chances.

Idxomer

He had the best stats out of any of our players on Saturday.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Let's not forget it was his shot, which lead to the keeper fumble and ball bouncing back to McT for the first goal.

Also side note, the Brentford keeper was MOTM :lol: Absolute shite for both goals.
Wait, what? How was Strakosha Motm??? He had 3 shots on target in 85mins to deal with and all tame efforts. He fumbled both goals and looked nervous throughout.

Surely he didn't get Motm??

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wait, what? How was Strakosha Motm??? He had 3 shots on target in 85mins to deal with and all tame efforts. He fumbled both goals and looked nervous throughout.

I think Fernandes did, which was even weirder

svenska

He had the best stats out of any of our players on Saturday.
I really thought he did well, really don't get why people complain.

Yes he fecked up a few crosses, but he put two or three that should have been a goal, but our forwards stand like lamposts instead of one attacking short, one long and a few attacking the penalty spot.

criticalanalysis

Bad wording on my part, I meant to say he was my MOTM as he had a massive er hand and was really poor in both our goals.

Litch

Hes all show but no go. Its a complete myth about his ability to get forward and his production is no better than average.....the 3rd choice spurs full back already looks better than him....

Kostov

He has no right winger in front of him, but I find it really hard to rate his output. Yes he looks slick on the ball, but 90% of the time his end product is appalling.

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
He seems to find the mojo on how to place a decent cross into the box. for the last few seasons, he always overhit them.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's a very good player when he's in form.
So are most, very good players differentiate themselves with their ability to maintain form over extended periods

Dorris

He’s a very good player. Seems to have been tarnished with the ‘hes shit, sell’ stick with some posters and won’t ever be able to shake that off.

Morpheus 7

Dalot talks a great game, he's not up to level to compete for the biggest prizes. Never has in my opinion. Squad back up player, never deserved that contract. Then again if you have 4 good months in 4 years, you get a contract like sweets are being handed out. It's the mentality issue with some here, I be saying nothing if zaha embarrassed me like that a week ago.

Red00012

His final ball is absolutely shocking . Once he does the donkey work to get in a position to cross or to pick a player out, he closes his eyes

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Been so disappointed in this guy. He had a decent run leading up to the world cup buy has been back to his usual inconsistent self after that. He did have an injury in between I think. Needs to step it up big time.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
His final ball is absolutely shocking . Once he does the donkey work to get in a position to cross or to pick a player out, he closes his eyes
It feels like this is an incredibly common theme among pretty much all of our full backs over the last 10 years apart from Luke Shaw.

criticalanalysis

It feels like this is an incredibly common theme among pretty much all of our full backs over the last 10 years apart from Luke Shaw.
It's common because we've been shite at creating those higher percentage plays for crosses, cut backs and full back interplay. It also includes Shaw because whilst he's a top player when on form and has had some clutch moments of delivery, he's not that consistent with his output; iirc AWB matches or beats his output for assists (not that this stat alone is indicative of their contribution overall).

Bringing it back to Dalot, on the one hand I can agree his delivery is inconsistent but some here are talking as if we have attackers in open space in the middle waiting for a tap in or there's incredible movement at the front and back posts and lots of players hanging on the edge of the box pouncing for these square passes. Most of his crosses have been because we're static with our passing and we get the ball out wide to Dalot, who recently has done well to beat his man and then whip in a cross against a well set defence with 4-5 static Utd players hoping for a tap in. In short, it's a low probability chance and these 'better delivery' doesn't happen out of thin air.

The heat maps and his all around play on the pitch doesn't lie. On an individual level, he's been quietly impressive in the shitshow we've been this year. I've mentioned it already but it was his left footed shot inside the left of the penalty box that lead to the keeper fumble for McT's first goal. He's everywhere on the pitch and it shows.

Last edited:

Oranges038

Decent hit, keeper should have saved it.

He's really not very good. As average as it gets, if he was playing for Sheffield Utd nobody would want him at Utd.

NZT-One

He had an alright game and scored a very nice goal. Well done. Would replace him in the blink of an eye still...