g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Diogo Dalot image 20

Diogo Dalot Portugal flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

philippexyz

Embarrassing defensive reaction for the first(Zaha) goal. Totally unacceptable at this level. Wan-Bissaka is a flawed footballer in some aspects, but he would've never allowed that embarrassment to happen.

Stadjer

Nothing really but he also doesnt have anything he is extremely bad at i think. He is just average/okay at most things and sometimes he has a good game/period. He isnt great at defending like AWB but can deal with most attackers okayish or atleast not look stupid. He isnt super quick but not Maguire slow. He doesnt look horrible when he goes forward but also doesnt often do anything really special. He is just a okayish player that shouldnt really be a starter.

Average player making a mistake today. Usefull backup for RB and LB at best. In an ideal world you have two RBs and two LBs who are both better than Dalot while Dalot is the third option for both position.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
All those who called him world class when he produced some OK performances for a period of games last season need to eat humble pie. He's never been good enough, he's never shown to be good at any particular aspect of being a fullback. Wan-Bissaka has at least shown he is a capable defender and has improved his attacking play. AWB is far from perfect himself, but he should never be dropped for Dalot. Yet we've given Dalot another contract so it'll be hard to shift him :lol:.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He's our backup right back, we should be expecting him to make mistakes.

Hopefully Wan-Bissaka will be back soon.
Nonsense, he should be stepping in to do a job and be consistent. And he's not the back up btw, if anything, it's a stone toss between the two of them when it comes to ETH after AWB came back.

Denis Irwinning

Concentration is not existent. How many times does he play a shite ball into the midfield that gets intercepted? Has ability but no feel for the game

Oranges038

Never had any time for him.

Shockingly braindead defender.

Awful, awful player.

zaafi

Too inconsistent. He can have one game where he looks very good, and the next one he looks completely braindead. Not winning anything with this fella.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
One of the players I can't stand in this team.

All talk, no play. 0 intelligence, 0 defending, average attacking, misplaces passes all over the place, runs in slow motion.
I genuinely don't see what they see in this guy.

CloneMC16

I think he's been good this season, but he was horrible tonight. I can't understand how he gets outmuscled by Zaha and lets the ball bounce 3 times?

How long is AWB out for?

kaku06

Vulgarian
One of the players I can't stand in this team.

All talk, no play. 0 intelligence, 0 defending, average attacking, misplaces passes all over the place, runs in slow motion.
I genuinely don't see what they see in this guy.
This. Awful player. Hasn’t got one redeeming quality.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This. Awful player. Hasn’t got one redeeming quality.
Our last attack of the game summed him up. Cuts inside, has the chance to cross it, then stupidly tries to go back round the outside and the Galatasaray defender reads it. It's always frustrated me how ineffective Dalot is in crucial moments. He's poor at crossing and he's average at defending. No idea why he was given a new contract a few months ago.

NZT-One

Sell him next summer as long as somebody is willing to give somewhat decent money. He isn't the future. Not sure about AWB but at least he could take the role of "the FB that is at least defensively good". Feel bad for the guy, he choose the wrong club at the wrong time. But please be decisive in the summer and try to get some money for him when possible.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I'm sat at home watching the game but I think I was more of a nuisance to Zaha for their first goal.

El Jefe

I die a little inside when I see him and Lindelof do their high five routine after mundane clearances. Almost feels like a positive affirmation to give them confidence to believe they aren't shit.

He's a 6/10 player.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I die a little inside when I see him and Lindelof do their high five routine after mundane clearances. Almost feels like a positive affirmation to give them confidence to believe they aren't shit.

He's a 6/10 player.
He's not even a consistent 6/10 player.

jem

Ok he fecked up for that goal but people are being typically over-the-top. One bad again doesn't negate an otherwise strong start to the season (been one of our best players.)

redIndianDevil

I don’t understand how he makes people think he is good. I just watched the highlights but he is beyond horrible at defending. He is painfully average in everything he does - passing, crossing, dribbling. Why the feck did we we extend his contract?

More shocking thing to me is how is he keeping Cancelo out of the Portugal national team?

Thom Merrilin

He's just OK and I like his attitude. That's fine for a backup but he shouldn't be first choice.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’d happily get rid of him, Lindelof and Maguire. Mediocrity without the athleticism to make up for it.

amolbhatia50k

I don’t understand how he makes people think he is good. I just watched the highlights but he is beyond horrible at defending. He is painfully average in everything he does - passing, crossing, dribbling. Why the feck did we we extend his contract?

More shocking thing to me is how is he keeping Cancelo out of the Portugal national team?
Because we reward spells of decent form. That’s been us for a decade now. A player looks goodish for a few months and they’ve suddenly made it. If it’s a young player they’ll get a nice fat contract too. We are a club with huge expectations but behave like one with no standards.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Because we reward spells of decent form. That’s been us for a decade now. A player looks goodish for a few months and they’ve suddenly made it. If it’s a young player they’ll get a nice fat contract too. We are a club with huge expectations but behave like one with no standards.
There is no need to behave. There are actually no standards.

Nobody here has to work hard for a new contract. Play well for 3 games and new contract incoming.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
I'd sell him on this summer for someone who can defend better and attack just as well on Dalot's best day.

garelo

Dont really understand what he brings to this team. his cross was just woeful as usual and we were led to believe he was attacking full-back :houllier:

I'll give him a pass honestly. He's been the most consistent player in the side. That was horrific defending though, you can't allow Zaha to bully you on a simple route one ball like that.
you mistaken him with another RB....

amolbhatia50k

There is no need to behave. There are actually no standards.

Nobody here has to work hard for a new contract. Play well for 3 games and new contract incoming.
Protect the asset (that we are never able to get to perform or sell anyway)

redIndianDevil

It’s like the administration is afraid of handling transfers. I was really happy when we were linked with Frimpong end of last year but then u turned and extended Dalot’s contract.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The fact that he is still here says it all. Should have been replaced years ago, he is shit. And he does not compensate with his attqcking play as he is mediocre going forward as well. And lets not mention his erratic passing