Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Dont really understand what he brings to this team. his cross was just woeful as usual and we were led to believe he was attacking full-back :houllier:

you mistaken him with another RB....
To be fair he is consistent - consistently mediocre. One drilled cross for a Garnacho assist and he’s good for another 6 months of meh.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
The fact that he is still here says it all. Should have been replaced years ago, he is shit. And he does not compensate with his attqcking play as he is mediocre going forward as well. And lets not mention his erratic passing
Should've been replaced when he couldn't even impress in a terrible Milan side (back then) in a weak Serie A. The guy doesn't have it, never had, never will.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Another of our Portuguese players adept at giving the ball away (or putting intended recipient of a pass immediately under pressure leading to a turnover). Happened so often last night.

Vernon Philander

Zaha isn’t Bebe, he’s bullied many a defender. Dalot should still do better by being more proactive with the bounce, but outside of that incident was pretty good I thought. He wasn’t the sole reason we lost this match, far from it, yet the way people here carry on after 1 game you’d think he was a reserve under 18 player

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Should've been replaced when he couldn't even impress in a terrible Milan side (back then) in a weak Serie A. The guy doesn't have it, never had, never will.
Alarm bell when Mou said he was one of the best talents

MattofManchester

Zaha is strong, but it looked a bit like Dalot was unsure whether to be more aggressive and let Zaha get on the ball. Likely cause Zaha likes to dive.

No excuses, though. Gotta be stronger there.

SambaBoy

Has to do better for the first goal.

But for me, he's probably been our best performer this season. It's not saying much but at least he can hold his head high compared to some of the others. I'd like to see him get forward a bit more with confidence as he has the ability to beat a man and put in a good cross. Defensively he's been mostly solid too which wasn't the case years ago where he would let players run off him.

Last edited:

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Admire his attitude but he's just not good enough at either defending or attacking. Fine as backup but at least AWB has some outstanding qualities despite his limitations. The only good quality Dalot has is defending the backpost when the ball is in the air. Everything else he is average to poor at IMO.

jem

Has to be do better for the first goal.

But for me, he's probably been our best performer this season. It's not saying much but at least he can hold his head high compared to some of the others. I'd like to see him get forward a bit more with confidence as he has the ability to beat a man and put in a good cross. Defensively he's been mostly solid too which wasn't the case years ago where he would let players run off him.
I agree 100%.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Wrong positioning at the beginning.

He can't rely everytime on his speed.

His brains need to be more developped.

AWB would have stayed still in the middle and Zaha would have to control the ball rather than being in front of the goal.

Just imagine Walker here.

Based Adnan

Poor last night but one of very few that can hold his head high this season

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Has to do better for the first goal.

He was known for his defensive attributes when he was a kid. It was only a matter of time. Still only 24.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I honestly have no idea how he's made it to his 6th season here, he's horrendous.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Our two worst regular starters (him and Lindelof) have the shortest threads. Always under the radar how bad they are.

lex talionis

Our two worst regular starters (him and Lindelof) have the shortest threads. Always under the radar how bad they are.
Lindelof is not a regular starter. He's our third choice CB, essentially a squad man who is called into action during an injury crisis.

jem

In what world has Dalot been one of our two worst starters this season? He was shite against Galatasaray, but prior to that, he's been one of the few who could hold their heads somewhat high.

SuperiorXI

He does this thing almost every game where he kicks it diagonally from RB across almost the whole pitch and it ends up in the oppositions control

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
In what world has Dalot been one of our two worst starters this season? He was shite against Galatasaray, but prior to that, he's been one of the few who could hold their heads somewhat high.
Thing is, he wasn’t shite at all. Pretty much has to run up the right on his own with nobody to link up with as everyone else comes inside. He was weak for the Zaha goal no doubt but he was definitely one of our better performers if you take away that mistake and even then it was a long punt up that should’ve easily been dealt with before it even got into the box. Just shit lazy lapses of concentration all round.

3KDré

Thing is, he wasn’t shite at all. Pretty much has to run up the right on his own with nobody to link up with as everyone else comes inside. He was weak for the Zaha goal no doubt but he was definitely one of our better performers if you take away that mistake and even then it was a long punt up that should’ve easily been dealt with before it even got into the box. Just shit lazy lapses of concentration all round.
I feel like most of the time people have a preconceived notion of a player, so any action that suits that notion is remembered while all the good is ignored. People have just decided Dalot is shit despite that whenever he is actually given a run of game he has performed. They've decided he is poor 1 on 1 when in reality his 1 on 1 success rate is almost as high as AWB (who is the best in the world at it).

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, he's been excellent until this point. And it was only one mistake in that match. It was a pretty terrible mistake though. He seems to always have one of those horrible mistakes up his sleeve. But he is still quite young. So there's that.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I feel like most of the time people have a preconceived notion of a player, so any action that suits that notion is remembered while all the good is ignored. People have just decided Dalot is shit despite that whenever he is actually given a run of game he has performed. They've decided he is poor 1 on 1 when in reality his 1 on 1 success rate is almost as high as AWB (who is the best in the world at it).
He does the same thing pretty much every member of our squad is guilty of. Giving the ball away under little to no pressure. He does it at least once a game. Usually however he deals really well with back post headers and clearances and his defending one on one (you’re right) is usually pretty good. He’s also not bad at making space for himself to get a cross in. Unfortunately our box movement is dire most of the time. Bruno has about ten crosses a game and most of them hit the first man. He’s supposed to be our playmaker. Dalot is definitely not one of our problems. Him and AWB are fine at rb.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I see lots of people praise his attacking ability. What attacking ability does he actually provide us? How much end product?

Transfermarkt is fairly generous with its assists tally and it's got him scoring 3 and assisting 6 in 8,500 minutes at United. For a player who's meant to be better going forward than defensively isn't that a bit shit?

AWB the player who can't attack for shit and is apparently crap in the final third has 2 goals and 12 assists in 14,000mins.

3KDré

He does the same thing pretty much every member of our squad is guilty of. Giving the ball away under little to no pressure. He does it at least once a game. Usually however he deals really well with back post headers and clearances and his defending one on one (you’re right) is usually pretty good. He’s also not bad at making space for himself to get a cross in. Unfortunately our box movement is dire most of the time. Bruno has about ten crosses a game and most of them hit the first man. He’s supposed to be our playmaker. Dalot is definitely not one of our problems. Him and AWB are fine at rb.
I can't understand it. There was a marked improvement in keeping the ball last year. Last year I was pleased with Bruno for calming down a little and learning to play deep at times and keep the ball...all that's been thrown out the window. It makes me very confused. Partly it must be on the manager, it can't be our best players in keeping the ball are our defenders (Martinez and Shaw) and 1 winger in Antony. But partly the mentality off the players is off.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's the combination of average decision making and average passing ability that most in our squad share. Few have good passing ability, few have good decision making and maybe no one has both.

I don't have problems with Dalot as a right back. Neither do I AWB. Hardly and team has that kind of quality available in the same full back slot.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I see lots of people praise his attacking ability. What attacking ability does he actually provide us? How much end product?

Transfermarkt is fairly generous with its assists tally and it's got him scoring 3 and assisting 6 in 8,500 minutes at United. For a player who's meant to be better going forward than defensively isn't that a bit shit?

AWB the player who can't attack for shit and is apparently crap in the final third has 2 goals and 12 assists in 14,000mins.
Next to nothing. No idea what people are seeing.

Woeful defender too.

FerociousCorgis

i mean yeah he got bullied to hell on that zaha goal, but varane is just sitting there watching it happen, covering feck all. Shouldve been sliding over to help out his fullback, who is clearly struggling literally right in front of goal. Nobody else was a threat in that area that varane needed to be covering or anything.

NZT-One

Think he has been pretty damn good this year. The defending on Zaha was sunday league though.

We need his attacking ability.
I think, we would be better off with somebody actually doing something. We need him now, as he is the only healthy fullback but there is no way he should prevent us from looking for a new RB. One that actually happens to contribute more than the actual baseline.

Fully agree. I think, it is a coping mechanism. Some want to see something to keep some positives connected with the club. The dreaded negativity and all. This season he has been alright, in some games he was one of the best which is saying more about his team mates than about him.

CloneMC16

Lindelof is not a regular starter. He's our third choice CB, essentially a squad man who is called into action during an injury crisis.
He has been a regular starter because of how often Varane and now Martinez have been injured. He was starting a lot throughout last season and he's started in 6 out of 10 games this season. Been subbed in, in 3 others as well. For how average/bad he is, he's playing way too many games. Lindelof gets away with mid performances very often with how little activity his thread has.

I do think Dalot has been good this season. He was shocking for Zaha's goal, but he's mostly done well. He isn't one of the players that's been a problem.

lex talionis

He has been a regular starter because of how often Varane and now Martinez have been injured. He was starting a lot throughout last season and he's started in 6 out of 10 games this season. Been subbed in, in 3 others as well. For how average/bad he is, he's playing way too many games. Lindelof gets away with mid performances very often with how little activity his thread has.

I do think Dalot has been good this season. He was shocking for Zaha's goal, but he's mostly done well. He isn't one of the players that's been a problem.
Fair enough, but it seems pretty clear that Martinez and Varane are regular starters, whereas Lindelof only starts when either Martinez or Varane are out with injury.

Man Utd 2:1 Brentford

Vernon Philander

Another very good performance today. Our only outlet on the wing until the late substitutions. Also made some vital contributions at the back.

I still find it bizarre people use the words “woeful” and “horrendous” in relation to him. The agendas people hold are frightening

AltiUn

Another very good performance today. Our only outlet on the wing until the late substitutions. Also made some vital contributions at the back.

I still find it bizarre people use the words “woeful” and “horrendous” in relation to him. The agendas people hold are frightening
Being available for a pass doesn’t constitute a good performance, he was over hitting everything.

AltiUn

Case in point about agendas.
Just saying something is an agenda isn’t a counter point, it’s just something posters who have no argument use as a pathetic attempt to discredit people. Grow up.

Bestie07

Why don't any of his cutbacks ever find our player? He makes so many good runs but the cutbacks are always straight to an opposition player - if we can improve on this we will immediately become so much more of a threat going forward!

led_scholes

He was woeful vs Galatasaray. Of course one game doesn't make him a horrendous footballer.
Overall, in this season he has been among the best performing players. The bar is very low though.

He really needs to work on his crossing. The idea is there but the application is weird.

Vernon Philander

Just saying something is an agenda isn’t a counter point, it’s just something posters who have no argument use as a pathetic attempt to discredit people. Grow up.
“Overhit everything”.

Exaggerating, yet telling others to grow up.