g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Diogo Dalot image 20

Diogo Dalot Portugal flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

kundalini

A couple of good defensive moments in the first half, one after Antony had been useless, the other from Willian's dangerous cross. Two reasonable crosses in the 2nd half, including for Martial's attempt that went wide. Poor challenge late on to concede a free-kick in a dangerous area. Two rubbish shots from distance.

daba

I don’t think Dalot is quite good enough but one thing I will give him is he does make proper overlapping runs to help the winger on his side have more space and options.

This is the main reason I detest AWB and have a tiny bit of sympathy for Antony (he is still crap though don’t get me wrong). AWB’s runs are always so aimless and half-hearted as if he doesn’t actually want the ball and you can visibly see it. Defenders barely even bother tracking his runs because they know there’s no intent there.

Given Dalots contract extension it looks like he’s here to stay but hopefully we can replace AWB in one of the next two windows with someone who can offer what Dalot does but at a much higher level of quality. Doesn’t even need to be a super attacking wing back like Frimpong, even Ben White does it extremely well and he’s a natural CB.

FC Copenhagen 4:3 Man Utd

Zoo

He’s a joke. Loves to gee up the United fans and post on social media. Speaks well. Maybe concentrate on your game

edgecutter

How many times has this happened. He constantly doesn't check his playing side

abailey123

The most flat footed full back ever. That’s 2 goals in the last week where he’s been caught sleeping

slored1

One of the most overrated players I have ever seen at United. Shite week-in, week-out and yet Twitter tacticos claim he is our best defender. Bin him off.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
For some reason he is just terrible at defending the far post. Didn't actually have to do anything but put his body between the ball and the player. Failed to do so even after checking his shoulder. Unexplainable.

el3mel

The clown played a huge part in ruining our season. He has been absolutely awful for every single game and costing us goals left, right and center.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Said it time and time again, 0 IQ footballer who failed on loan at Milan ffs and we rewarded him with a 5 year contract.

stevoc

fecking braindead, been here almost 6 years. Hasn't progressed at all. A lot of huff and puff but can't defend. His attacking output amounts to comtinually bombing crosses 10 foot over everybodies head and demanding the ball on the edge of the box only to hit it into row Z.

If there's an entry in the encyclopedia for 'Meh' there's probably a picture of Diogo beside it.

Josep Dowling

Been here since 2018 and has never kicked on. Another in the long list that shouldn’t be at the club anymore so what have we done? Given him a contract until 2028! Probably earning 4x more than he would ever earn anywhere else.

stevoc

The clown played a huge part in ruining our season. He has absolutely awful for every single game and costing us goals left, right and center.
Played no small part in knocking us out of two cup competitions in a week.

thepolice123

His defending at the back post was shocking. Completely lacking in awareness. Copenhagen was targeting that area all night.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’d rather play a youth team player over him at this stage. Consistently costing us goals.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Glad we extended his contract off the back of two months of good form. Because that's all it takes at this club to overlook multiple years of trash performances. :rolleyes:

Oranges038

How the feck does he look twice at the player at the back post and totally turn his back on them?

Do it once and then do it twice..

Absolute fecking disgrace, 3 goals in 3 games where he knows the player is there and still does nothing about it.

Roboc7

Switches off too often and just isn’t learning, very ordinary player overall.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Why the feck did we give this guy a five year contract and payrise?

Absolute joke defensively.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Why the feck did we give this guy a five year contract and payrise?

Absolute joke defensively.
We loaned him to Milan because we knew he wasn’t up to it even then. He’s been here 5 years and hasn’t done anything of note. Here’s to another 5 though!

Djemba-Djemba

He is absolutely fecking shit and it's ridiculous he's still here stinking the place out 5 years after we bought him.

RedDevilQuebecois

I used the term Swedish Sieve to describe Lindelof, but I just can't believe there is someone about as worse of a defender. Dalot has more holes in his defensive play than the Swedish Sieve.

How the feck does he look twice at the player at the back post and totally turn his back on them?

Do it once and then do it twice..

Absolute fecking disgrace, 3 goals in 3 games where he knows the player is there and still does nothing about it.
It's totally pandemic in football as a whole and I just hate it. Facing the shot right on for the team should not be too much asked at that level of football.

Totally braindead of a footballer he is. And why did we sign Reguilon on loan if not to avoid this?

Kopral Jono

I actively hate him and he needs to feck off... but no, we just awarded him a new contract. Another five years of this shit, then.

Irwin99

He actually was alright until the mistake and that's just typical of him. Every time he seems to be performing better he then makes a horrible error. Not good enough.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He’s shit as usual. 5 more years of his shit at the club :houllier:
We've got five years, stuck on my eyes
Five years, what a surprise
We've got five years, my brain hurts a lot
Five years, that's all we've got
We've got five years, what a surprise
Five years, stuck on my eyes
Five years, what a surprise
We've got five years, what a surprise
Five years
Five years
Five years

Five years

MonkeysMagic

Not PL.quality, not Utd quality. But in a team full of duffers he gets a look in every game. That 5 year contract extension is looking like a steal!