5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

RedIan

I actually thought he did ok today, great cross for the first goal.
when shaw and awb fit hes third choice for me.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fast approaching Fred levels of "he's actually pretty decent when the good version turns up".
Agree with this. Also, like Fred, you never know if the good version is going to show up.

Aint gota Kalou

Always gets harsh treatment on here. He's not without some stupid moments but at times he's the only defender who looks good keeping the ball on the ground and passing

Vernon Philander

Gets too harshly criticised here, especially when the whole squad was generally bad. Offers a good all round game and usually starts attacks from deep

Cloud7

Gets too harshly criticised here, especially when the whole squad was generally bad. Offers a good all round game and usually starts attacks from deep
He’s also quite a powerful runner, which we don’t have many of in the squad

Dorris

Said it before, but he’s a really good player. Unfortunately switched off a couple of times at the back post recently and cost us important goals, which some fans solely remember and immediately declare him shit, but he’s definitely got it in him to be our starting right back long term.

kundalini

Really good performance apart from carelessly playing Calvert-Lewin onside for a shot from an angle early on. Assist for Garnacho's spectacular overhead and another off-target effort and super run from deep then pass to create Pellistri's shot that was saved.

Red00012

He was good today , started the play for the 3rd goal by winning back possession

Red Royal

I think Dalot did OK, but come on, in 999/1000 games that was an awful cross, even though it will go down in history as the assist to one of the best goals the Premier League has witnessed.

stevoc

If the only way your cross is converted into a goal is by a 1 in a million acrobatic flying bycycle kick then it was a shit cross.

His crossing is dogshit and it hasn't improved in 5 years. From which I can only assume he doesn't even practice to try and improve that area of his game.

Ollie Derbyshire

If the only way your cross is converted into a goal is by a 1 in a million acrobatic flying bycycle kick then it was a shit cross.

His crossing is dogshit and it hasn't improved in 5 years. From which I can only assume he doesn't even practice to try and improve that area of his game.
Spot on, he over hits 99/100 of his crosses and always has, it’s actually unbelievable he’s not improved this aspect of his game.

Oranges038

Was just about to post something similar.

It was an awful cross, he just got lucky that Garnacho produced a superb effort to put that in.

He shouldn't even get an assist for that cross.

criticalanalysis

I think Dalot did OK, but come on, in 999/1000 games that was an awful cross, even though it will go down in history as the assist to one of the best goals the Premier League has witnessed.

For me, it's clear Dalot's crossing is very inconsistent and he definitely needs to improve but he also has many previous of delivering balls into the back post or the other side of the penalty box rather than low and hard into the near post/penalty spot.

It's bit of a chicken and egg situation, where a 'great' cross hit into the right areas is not necessarily a great one if it's nowhere near the player or it's not a high probability chance. Now of course you would say 'well it's the fault of the attackers to be in the right space' but hitting to the opposite side of the penalty box is actually a decent place to put it as you should expect the opposite wide player/full back in that position also. I would give benefit of the doubt here for Dalot and say it was a good cross. His assist to Bruno last year is a good example of this as he tends to be a bit more 'creative' than just spamming 'into the right areas' where a traditional 9 would be.

Raven

I rate Dalot quite highly although he can have bad games a little too regularly. He's still quite a young player so I'm happy to see him continue to develop with us.

Patchbeard

Was one of his best games for us I've seen, actually looked competent defensively. Wouldn't say the cross for the goal was actually any good, but we'll say it was deliberately put behind Garnacho to enable the overhead so it was great really.

stevoc

For me, it's clear Dalot's crossing is very inconsistent and he definitely needs to improve but he also has many previous of delivering balls into the back post or the other side of the penalty box rather than low and hard into the near post/penalty spot.

It's bit of a chicken and egg situation, where a 'great' cross hit into the right areas is not necessarily a great one if it's nowhere near the player or it's not a high probability chance. Now of course you would say 'well it's the fault of the attackers to be in the right space' but hitting to the opposite side of the penalty box is actually a decent place to put it as you should expect the opposite wide player/full back in that position also. I would give benefit of the doubt here for Dalot and say it was a good cross. His assist to Bruno last year is a good example of this as he tends to be a bit more 'creative' than just spamming 'into the right areas' where a traditional 9 would be.

Most of his crosses hit the opposite side of the pitch as opposed to the opposite side of the box as he pumps them in too high more often than not.

The cross last night wasn't hit into the right area though, it was cutting back to no one and heading out of the box until Garnacho moved and made something of it.

Dalot is just very poor at crossing, so poor that I just don't understand how it hasn't improved.

stevoc

Spot on, he over hits 99/100 of his crosses and always has, it’s actually unbelievable he’s not improved this aspect of his game.
It is genuinely baffling, the only theory I have is that he must think his crossing is great and doesn't need to improve it. Because technically he's a tidy player and crossing is one of the areas of football where it isn't impossible to significantly improve with enough practice. And yet he continues to pump the ball high to the opposite side of the pitch with little or no thought as to how any of his teammates are supposed to do anything with that. He rarely even looks up to see who's on for a cross which isn't ideal.

Was just about to post something similar.

It was an awful cross, he just got lucky that Garnacho produced a superb effort to put that in.

He shouldn't even get an assist for that cross.
Definitely not, nuts to come on here and see people praising him for a great cross :lol:

Oranges038

It is genuinely baffling, the only theory I have is that he must think his crossing is great and doesn't need to improve it. Because technically he's a tidy player and crossing is one of the areas of football where it isn't impossible to significantly improve with enough practice. And yet he continues to pump the ball high to the opposite side of the pitch with little or no thought as to how any of his teammates are supposed to do anything with that. He rarely even looks up to see who's on for a cross which isn't ideal.

Definitely not, nuts to come on here and see people praising him for a great cross :lol:
A good cross is not one that a guy has to run back and throw himself upside down with his foot about 8ft in the air for an overhead.
A good cross there would have been one stood up to the back post for an easy header.

He doesn't seem to ever look up before he crosses, he just kicks it across and hopes for the best.

stevoc

A good cross is not one that a guy has to run back and throw himself upside down with his foot about 8ft in the air for an overhead.
A good cross there would have been one stood up to the back post for an easy header.

He doesn't seem to ever look up before he crosses, he just kicks it across and hopes for the best.
That might be his biggest problem. Having a look up before crossing is one of the basics kids are taught at a young age.

Nick7

Good game. But seriously he needs to start looking up in the final third.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

As the old men say: all good overhead kicks start with a bad cross

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
His attacking abilities is vastly overrated.

His crossing is basically just him hitting it early and hard and hoping for the best.

if he’s forced to take his time on the cross, it’s definitely hitting the defender in front of him.

criticalanalysis

Most of his crosses hit the opposite side of the pitch as opposed to the opposite side of the box as he pumps them in too high more often than not.

The cross last night wasn't hit into the right area though, it was cutting back to no one and heading out of the box until Garnacho moved and made something of it.

Dalot is just very poor at crossing, so poor that I just don't understand how it hasn't improved.
I don't think we will agree but I will say three separate things can exist at the same time:

1) His crossing needs massive improvement.
2) Our movement in the box is terrible and it's not easy to cross the ball well when there's no real consistent runners or structure to it (i.e cutbacks ala City). Hopefully Hojlund can help this area.
3) I thought it was a decent area of the pitch to put it because it doesn't necessarily need to be taken first time like the ridiculous technique and position Garnacho took it. It's not an easy ball but he could have controlled it and possible taken a shot and/or continue the play.

stevoc

I don't think we will agree but I will say three separate things can exist at the same time:

1) His crossing needs massive improvement.
2) Our movement in the box is terrible and it's not easy to cross the ball well when there's no real consistent runners or structure to it (i.e cutbacks ala City). Hopefully Hojlund can help this area.
3) I thought it was a decent area of the pitch to put it because it doesn't necessarily need to be taken first time like the ridiculous technique and position Garnacho took it. It's not an easy ball but he could have controlled it and possible taken a shot and/or continue the play.
Agree on 1 & 2, 3 not so much there was no one there where he put the ball. He doesn't look up before crossing, that's one of if not the biggest problems with his crossing.

Galatasaray 3:3 Man Utd

BorisManUtd

He cost us against Copenhagen and could've cost us again tonight the way Zaha got past him on a couple of occasions. Definitely trust AWB more.

CannibalSpectre

He made a tired Zaha look like Pele reborn. I honestly forgot Zaha was on the pitch before Dalot came on for Bissaka

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Livramento on a completely different level to him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s woeful. Painfully average footballer

Vernon Philander

Looks like the grass isn’t always greener - Wan Bissaka having a mare at RB today outlines how hard it is playing full back in this side

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That he’s been here so long is one of life’s greatest mysteries