5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Utd4orever

The clown played a huge part in ruining our season. He has been absolutely awful for every single game and costing us goals left, right and center.
Agreed he's cost us so many goals direct or indirect. Not sure why Erik can't see it
Once he leaves our win percentage will improve. Erik please drop him.

Alemar

Just terrible. Why Reguilon doesn’t play is impossible to comprehend

RedIan

Schoolboy ball watching totally unaware of the threat over his shoulder. Not good enough

HookedOnAPhelan

Yeah get rid of him too. The way he switches off sometimes has nothing to do with coaching, it has to do with being really, really thick and lacking football intelligence.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Just terrible. Why Reguilon doesn’t play is impossible to comprehend
Because, believe it or not, his defensive positioning is even worse than Dalot's. That's where we are at the moment. As for Dalot, just think that by the end of his contract he'll be here for a decade. Ten freaking years...

Alemar

Because, believe it or not, his defensive positioning is even worse than Dalot's.
But at least he can contribute in attack.

Dalot did nothing attacking wise today - Bissaka was way more dangerous going forward. And on defence… well, we’ve all seen it

The Hilton

Horrendous tonight, and has been consistently one of our worst players all season. He should really be losing his place to Reguilon.

Oranges038

I used the term Swedish Sieve to describe Lindelof, but I just can't believe there is someone about as worse of a defender. Dalot has more holes in his defensive play than the Swedish Sieve.

It's totally pandemic in football as a whole and I just hate it. Facing the shot right on for the team should not be too much asked at that level of football.

Totally braindead of a footballer he is. And why did we sign Reguilon on loan if not to avoid this?
He's just not a clever players and nowhere near good enough for a club with aspirations of winning top trophies.

We used to laugh at Eboue at Arsenal, I'd take Eboue over this clown any day.

always_hoping

A Conference league level full back playing in the Champions league. He has little or no positonal sense and too slow to react to danger, Shaw out has proved more costly than expected.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That run of 2-3 months was the purple patch for this average player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That run of 2-3 months was the purple patch for this average player.
Sad thing is that we as a fanbase and club latch on to any spell of half decent form as if the player has made it and sorted the position out. The over excitement in both recruitment and renewals is absurd and has led to the same mistakes over and over again. Rotten culture of mismanagement and poor standards.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It wasn’t even a lapse in concentration at 2-0 up or 3-0 down. We had fought really hard to battle the refereeing odds to lead in an absolutely vital game. It’s one thing to misplace the odd pass under pressure but you can’t be leaving your man unmarked like that.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Been here 5 years, still plays like a youth-teamer. We need to be a lot more ruthless with "can do a job" players. His level is acceptable if it was Brandon Williams turning in those performances.

RedDevilQuebecois

Been here 5 years, still plays like a youth-teamer. We need to be a lot more ruthless with "can do a job" players. His level is acceptable if it was Brandon Williams turning in those performances.
Thing is that Brandon Williams is proving to be very useful for Kieran McKenna's Ipswich Town (2nd in the Championship and 3 points behind Leicester City) right now. Dalot just keeps on getting outmuscled like a total pussy and shows zero defensive awareness at every turn.

JP77

The argument for a long time was how much better going forward than AWB he was. He really isn’t though. He’s just not very good at anything. He had a good patch last season when his confidence was sky high but other than that he’s been unbelievably average.

AWB has his poor moments but he is without a doubt the better player of the two and that includes going forward imo at this stage.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He's only playing because our two LBs are both injured. He should be nowhere near the first team, but we refused to buy a RB despite the desperate need, and something happened to Malacia, so here we are.

He's also likely absolutely mentally fried, as he's played more first team football than anyone should be this season. But our squad depth is such that...yeah.

Remember when LVG seemed to find a new full back from the youth team every month? Fergie was pretty good at that too.

RedDevilQuebecois

He's only playing because our two LBs are both injured. He should be nowhere near the first team, but we refused to buy a RB despite the desperate need, and something happened to Malacia, so here we are.

He's also likely absolutely mentally fried, as he's played more first team football than anyone should be this season. But our squad depth is such that...yeah.

Remember when LVG seemed to find a new full back from the youth team every month? Fergie was pretty good at that too.
We had a really good left-back before some jackass thought it was better to loan him to a Spanish club destined for relegation anyway. And then we signed a loanee as a stop-gap option before Shaw and Malacia are fit again... before the manager does not trust him at all whenever he's available anymore.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
We had a really good left-back before some jackass thought it was better to loan him to a Spanish club destined for relegation anyway. And then we signed a loanee as a stop-gap option before Shaw and Malacia are fit again... before the manager does not trust him at all whenever he's available anymore.
Grinds my gears, this. It really does.

We also have not learned our lessons, extending Dalot to 5 years. An absolutely ridiculous length of time considering he's done very little of note.

Darlington Padgett

Dalot, AWB and Shaw have exactly the same problem, they just allow anyone to run behind them. They've had that problem since they joined and it hasn't been addressed.

Marwood

I said this after his last error but its rare to see a defender knowingly defend incorrectly. Mistakes yes. But you can see Dalot knows where he should be.

He just doesn't react until the very last second. It's a concentration thing with him.

Shame because he does have assets. Good athlete, tidy on the ball. Just hasn't got it betweem the ears, never learns.

Agree with those saying Shaw wouldn't have made a difference. He has the same problem. Can easily see him making the same mistake.

Oranges038

Can he not just recall Williams and Fernandez?

Anything would be better than AWB and Dalot. I'd say even Rafael and Fabio would still give you more.

Danny

I said this after his last error but its rare to see a defender knowingly defend incorrectly. Mistakes yes. But you can see Dalot knows where he should be.

He just doesn't react until the very last second. It's a concentration thing with him.

Shame because he does have assets. Good athlete, tidy on the ball. Just hasn't got it betweem the ears, never learns.

Agree with those saying Shaw wouldn't have made a difference. He has the same problem. Can easily see him making the same mistake.
Seems all our full backs have the same trait in that they are poor at defending their back post. We've seen Shaw, AWB, Dalot and I'm sure we will see Reguillon do the same. As you say with Dalot last night- he sees him and he knows the player is there but still doesn't defend it. Poor.

stevoc

I’d rather play a youth team player over him at this stage. Consistently costing us goals.
That's a solid idea another option is playing the Spanish International left back we loaned to cover that position.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I'm not complaining because I am part of the "I told you so" brigade. Yes, he was many steps above almost any other player on youth level years ago, but he probably already reached his ceiling.
And his performances were exactly the reason why renewing was a bad idea, all the signs were there for anyone to see. But IMHO his renewing was more a financial decision than a rational decision: Dalot is still relatively young and you can still get some money on the transfer market.

JoaquinJoaquin

Anything would be better than AWB and Dalot. I'd say even Rafael and Fabio would still give you more.
Nah Williams has had enough chances, and shown he isn’t good enough either. Only had to watch him in preseason to see him also constantly lose his man.

GazTheLegend

Completely agree. I'm astonished that Dalot was given that new deal given his level of performances lately. Any youth player would be forgiven for playing the way Dalot is but he's supposed to be a seasoned first team player at this point. Naive, kind of ineffective, shows the odd bit of class but generally out of position and looked SLOW last night which surprised me, I'd always thought he was quicker.

berbasloth4

Awb attacking abilities have obviously been worked on and showing some decent improvement. Where Dalots defensive work is getting worse.

Irwin99

Fast approaching Fred levels of "he's actually pretty decent when the good version turns up".