Diogo Dalot | Done Deal | Speaks better English than Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Moleman

I've never heard of him but I can tell you he's the best right back in world football

DownRiver

Doesn't matter, one mistake and he is on the bench. Valencia, on the other hand, will still play every game and offer no crossing abilities.

(I am actually surprised Lukaku got as many goals as he did with the lack of quality crosses into the box.)

Does he want to take the risk and not play until on occasions, or go to a club of the likes of Tottenham where he can be a first-team regular?

He does have potential as he looks like a solid defender and creative as an attacker. Only 19 years old too.

Reactions: Sultan

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I’m all for these kind of signings. The RB market is not great at the moment, seems like every RB available has some weaknesses and with the price thrown around for the likes of Sidibe, it may be a better choice to take a punt on a young talent.

6 apperances is not much experience, so expect to see Valencia a lot next year :lol:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I hope this is not our only RB signing. We need someone good enough to be starter immediately. Valencia offers zero negative going forward.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yes!!

Although, I've seen more Gadot than Dalot.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Someone like him or Pavard, please. Shouldn't cost too much and would be well-suited to acclimate to a new league before taking the reins full-time.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I work with a Portuguese and he thinks he's the most promising talent in Portugal

Nickosaur

Suggests Mourinho is content with Valencia for at least another season. In an ideal world I'd want someone better to go into the starting XI, but we probably have more pressing concerns this summer.

Nick7

Doesn't matter, one mistake and he is on the bench. Valencia, on the other hand, will still play every game and offer no crossing abilities.

(I am actually surprised Lukaku got as many goals as he did with the lack of quality crosses into the box.)

Does he want to take the risk and not play until on occasions, or go to a club of the likes of Tottenham where he can be a first-team regular?

He does have potential as he looks like a solid defender and creative as an attacker. Only 19 years old too.
there's a million threads here already where you can be a dour cnut and shit on mourinho. go enjoy them and stop shitting up threads.

suhaylah

We need a RB badly. Valencia is so terrible to watch. When he has the ball, he does not know what to do with it. He just hops a few times behind the ball before passing the ball sideways or backwards.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Don't pollute another thread with Jose nonsense.

DownRiver

there's a million threads here already where you can be a dour cnut and shit on mourinho. go enjoy them and stop shitting up threads.
Where did you get anything in my post about Mourinho?

If you are referring to
Doesn't matter, one mistake and he is on the bench
, then I was implying to big clubs in general and the lack of chances given to youngsters who commit mistakes. He needs to develop in a medium tier club first imo, we need a ready-made RB.

Has nothing to do with Mourinho, otherwise, I would have mentioned him!

Nick7

If you are referring to , then I was implying to big clubs in general and the lack of chances given to youngsters who commit mistakes. He needs to develop in a medium tier club first imo, we need a ready-made RB.

Everyone knows what you meant. We have a 19/20 year old making 50+ appearances a season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Says he made his debut in February? I'd suggest this isn't a goer unless we've been tracking him in their academy

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Hope he stays at Porto a few more seasons ffs. We just sold Ricardo.

KM

@Invictus rates him very highly. Has previously mentioned that he'll be a very good right back in the future.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

If you are referring to , then I was implying to big clubs in general and the lack of chances given to youngsters who commit mistakes. He needs to develop in a medium tier club first imo, we need a ready-made RB.

Andersons Dietician

It’s kinda like we didn’t realise Ricardo was sold to the foxes. Porto’s RB. Hasn’t this guy mostly played at LB and occasional as a Right sided midfielder? Is he for LB or RB?

KM

Duncan Castles actually says on his podcast that we've been working this deal for quite some time and have an outline agreement with Porto. Loads of other clubs are interested but we've also had an agreement with player to come here.

Nick7

It’s kinda like we didn’t realise Ricardo was sold to the foxes. Porto’s RB. Hasn’t this guy mostly played at LB and occasional as a Right sided midfielder? Is he for LB or RB?
Seems to have played all first team games at left back, most youth games on the right.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I have no idea how good he is but I love this transfer, just for a simple reason that we are looking to sign some unknown player.

Used to sign him on FM though.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Seems to have played all first team games at left back, most youth games on the right.
He's a RB but since he's so good he can do LB and even made two assists on his debut there. Still very young but already mentally stable to perform in any club imo. Physically imposing, technically sound, he's the best youth product we've had in ages along with Ruben Neves.

Sanche7

@Invictus rates him very highly. Has previously mentioned that he'll be a very good right back in the future.
Yeah IIRC he said this guy is going to push Cancelo even more down the pecking order for Portugal

Andersons Dietician

Intresting, because I was all for a RB if it was replacing Valencia immediately, but i’d imagine this is more of an understudy signing if it’s true. Which then makes me wonder what is happening with Fosu as surely he’d be a good understudy.
Dalot being able to play RB and LB that would basically be replacing Darmian and maybe we’ll buy another RB anyway, although very doubtful.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If we are not signing a RB to improve on Tony, then I'm not interested. Feck "understudy'.

Silas

I like this. Hopefully we play Young on the right instead of Valencia though, I can't handle another year of him. Wonder what happens to TFM too.

Status
Not open for further replies.