Diogo Dalot | Done Deal | Speaks better English than Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajma

This tweet doesn’t make sense, he has a release clause what is there to talk with Porto in terms of both sides being hopeful deal can be reached? I’m sure we scouted him more than once as well. Seems like desperate for some clicks without any real inside info - trying to stay relevant.

buckooo1978

well if he has a left foot he can use he's probably an upgrade on Valencia from an attacking/passing point of view

Judas

Open to offers
I love how people talk about release clauses as if they're a big shiny button that a team just has to press and suddenly the player arrives on their doorstep like an Amazon delivery.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
No idea what this bloke is like but did anybody seriously believe that Valencia's first team place was under threat this summer?

Mourinho loves him. He'll be starting every week. That we're alleged to be signing a kid like this only makes sense and serves to reinforce that Valencia will be first choice right back next season.

On topic (moreso), I hope he's good. We don't really go down the exotic punt route so hopefully it comes off.
I hoped we had a coach who wanted to win trophies and improve our team selection so yes. Just like I hop(ed) Young would lose his starting position aswell.

But who I'am kidding right, we are Manchester United, we don't do that trophy winning stuff anymore.

Zoo

Valencia has supposedly been playing with an injury this season. He is still a good player.

Dalot can play both sides so should get plenty of minutes and will eventually take over from Valencia. If he’s as good as being described then that could even happen next season.

Zoo

I hoped we had a coach who wanted to win trophies and improve our team selection so yes. Just like I hop(ed) Young would lose his starting position aswell.

But who I'am kidding right, we are Manchester United, we don't do that trophy winning stuff anymore.
Have you ever posted anything positive about United?

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Damn you got all the overhyped fullbacks in one post.
Ok we sign some 19 year old portuguese lad you never even heard about untill today and suddenly all these established rightbacks that are playing good football on a decent club level are overhyped smugs.

Nick7

Ok we sign some 19 year old portuguese lad you never even heard about untill today and suddenly all these established rightbacks that are playing good football on a decent club level are overhyped smugs.
I don't think this lad is better than any of them, cause I've never seen him play. Most of the name you mentioned are very overhyped and wouldn't improve us.

Rajma

I love how people talk about release clauses as if they're a big shiny button that a team just has to press and suddenly the player arrives on their doorstep like an Amazon delivery.
He worded it like both sides (i.e. Porto and United) are hopeful to come to an agreement, like I’m sure there’s some paperwork to be done but it’s not up to Porto to decide whether the deal goes through or not if we to meet his clause. Just some no name journo late to the party desperate for his share of clicks.

Kag

As much as Valencia is infuriating in an attacking sense there's a reason every manager he's played for fields him every week. He's very good defensively, great at finding space and a fairly reliable soul.

Like it or not, Mourinho was never going to replace him. In fairness to him, I don't think many incoming managers would either.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
I don't think this lad is better than any of them, cause I've never seen him play. Most of the name you mentioned are very overhyped and wouldn't improve us.
All of them are better than Valencia so yes they would improve us.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
He's absolutely fantastic and without doubt one of the hottest prospects in Portuguese football (which is nothing to underestimate when you look at the players that have been produced by Benfica, Porto, Sporting, and even clubs like Rio Ave and Braga)

First heard of him because of football manager, here's a screenshot for other losers like me.

He's a modern fullback, he's by no means slow but he wouldn't be rapid, but he's a good defender and absolutely fantastic going forward. Quite tall and strong too.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He worded it like both sides (i.e. Porto and United) are hopeful to come to an agreement, like I’m sure there’s some paperwork to be done but it’s not up to Porto to decide whether the deal goes through or not if we to meet his clause. Just some no name Journo late to the party desperate for his share of clicks.
Maybe they are discussing how Utd will finance it, instead of just giving them 17m we can stretch it over 2 years or something.

MDFC Manager

He looks like a unit. Should do well enough in the 10 or so appearances he'll make next season...

The red panther

princess transfer emo
As much as Valencia is infuriating in an attacking sense there's a reason every manager he's played for fields him every week. He's very good defensively, great at finding space and a fairly reliable soul.

Like it or not, Mourinho was never going to replace him. In fairness to him, I don't think many incoming managers would either.
Our entire team is infuriating in an attacking sense. You can't start fixing that if you just keep ignoring Valencia on the rightback as a major problem. Yes defensively he is reliable but is that it, is that what Manchester United is about these days ? Just be defensively reliable ? We need a rightback that can contribute in attack if we want to ever compete for the PL title. Guardiola did an overhaul of his fullbacks (and everyone and his dog was saying his city team from last year was hardly better than ours) and he won the league on a canter, breaking all kinds of records in terms of offensive football. If you just keep papering over this crack then you won't win trophies, it is as simple as that and it is what Mourinho is doing. And signing a 19 year old understudy is an affirmation he intends on doing that for the next couple of years aswell...

Chairman Steve

To hell with the understudy talk because of his age, if he’s good enough he’s old enough.. as the old maxim goes.

The ability to play either side is a huge bonus too. The unknown to little known quantity is exciting after we’ve been let down by some of our more recent bigger name signings. Hopefully he’s not a flash in the pan in that he has one good season then he’s sussed out by opposition thereafter.

The talk surrounding him though seems to suggest he has the ability to go very far, and the only thing that can stop him is his mentality. Shaw has the ability but doesn’t seem to have the mentality, especially if he’s not too desperate to leave and wants that nice paycheck he won’t get anywhere else if reports are to be believed.

Last edited:
Reactions: KM

Nick7

All of them are better than Valencia so yes they would improve us.
Bellerin, Cancelo, Vrsjlko are most definitely not better than Valencia. They also point out that you're just picking out hyped up names to mention rather than actual right backs that would improve us.

Our entire team is infuriating in an attacking sense. You can't start fixing that if you just keep ignoring Valencia on the rightback as a major problem. Yes defensively he is reliable but is that it, is that what Manchester United is about these days ? Just be defensively reliable ? We need a rightback that can contribute in attack if we want to ever compete for the PL title. Guardiola did an overhaul of his fullbacks (and everyone and his dog was saying his city team from last year was hardly better than ours) and he won the league on a canter, breaking all kinds of records in terms of offensive football. If you just keep papering over this crack then you won't win trophies, it is as simple as that and it is what Mourinho is doing. And signing a 19 year old understudy is an affirmation he intends on doing that for the next couple of years aswell...
How is signing a 19 year old papering over the cracks :lol: do you even believe in what you're saying or just trying to pull out every redcafe cliché

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Honestly, I think people forget that Valencia has to do two jobs. He hasn't had a ring winger to work with for years, it is preposterous.

If his job was to defend and do the odd overlap he'd be flawless. I'm sure of it.

Scholsey2004

As long as we sign someone I don't give a good god damn who they are, whether they're any good at football or whether they're above the age of eight and below the age of fifty. I just want signings. Its Muppet season for gods sake!

el3mel

This tweet doesn’t make sense, he has a release clause what is there to talk with Porto in terms of both sides being hopeful deal can be reached? I’m sure we scouted him more than once as well. Seems like desperate for some clicks without any real inside info - trying to stay relevant.
Maybe we want to get him at a cheaper price than the release clause ?

Trophy Room

Get it all out mate.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He's absolutely fantastic and without doubt one of the hottest prospects in Portuguese football (which is nothing to underestimate when you look at the players that have been produced by Benfica, Porto, Sporting, and even clubs like Rio Ave and Braga)

First heard of him because of football manager, here's a screenshot for other losers like me.

He's a modern fullback, he's by no means slow but he wouldn't be rapid, but he's a good defender and absolutely fantastic going forward. Quite tall and strong too.
He's going all Sky Sports on us.:)

JoaquinJoaquin

I love us signing young talented prospects, but now I also worry that Valencia will be starting next season and that is a huge concern. He was horrible this past season and got worse as the season went on. He will also get even worse next season when he is a year older.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If he is any good he will displace Valencia in no time I reckon.

Happy with this, RB, LB, CM and a RW (and a CB if we can sell one or two off) would be a great window.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Valencia is our captain, right?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Even release clauses have to be structured. Activating a release clause straight away without speaking to the club could he be seen as hostile.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I always thought Jose will leave Valencia for one more season as he can still do the job defensively. So, as long as we get proper LB and RW we will be more than fine.

As for the boy, supposed to be massively talented, read somewhere that other big clubs are monitoring him and the price isn't high. Go for it. We always made this kind of signings.

Hans Moleman

The moaners yesterday who said we never get deals done under the radar have gone conspicuously quiet :lol:

el3mel

Matteo Darmian is set to join Juventus, while Dutch international Daley Blind is unlikely to still be a United player by the start of the new season.

The Old Trafford side are still keen to sign Brazil midfielder Fred - who will play for his country against Croatia at Anfield on Sunday - and Tottenham's Belgium defender Toby Alderweireld before the World Cup starts.
From the above BBC article as well. Some encouraging news.

Gordon S

Sidibe, Meunier, Bellerin, Cancelo, Vrsjalko, Ordiozola, Hysaj

There are more than enough good rightbacks who can immediately shift into our team.
Odriozola looks like a talent alright, but the rest of these guys doesn't look special to me. Haven't seen enough of any of them tbf. Have you watched them alot?

Status
Not open for further replies.