Diogo Dalot | Done Deal | Speaks better English than Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Most people on here were very happy when we signed Darmian.
The happier the caf is about a signing the worse they will be (Sanchez, Di Maria, Schweisteiger).

Some are excited we are getting a young prospect, others are disappointed we are not going for a ready made RB. It's a good sign :)

Enigma_87

You know who
Don't want to sound negative but I really hope he's the backup/talent signing....

We really need two class full backs that can be immediate starters.

Castia

Don't want to sound negative but I really hope he's the backup/talent signing....

We were always going into next season with Valencia as RB at least we actually have someone to challenge him for a spot now because Darmian wasn't going to shift him on a regular basis.

I do think we'll sign a starter at LB though maybe Sandro.

yo@Kirk

Dalot at RB, Fred at RM, and Chong at RW. Tasty. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He's a RB but since he's so good he can do LB and even made two assists on his debut there. Still very young but already mentally stable to perform in any club imo. Physically imposing, technically sound, he's the best youth product we've had in ages along with Ruben Neves.
:drool:

Rajma

Feck off from here with your negativity - no feckin thread can’t go without slating the club. Ahoy

Acquire Me

If we buy him, I think he will play a role. Its the United way to trust young players.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I doubt that a 19 year old who has only played for the first team a handful of times is being brought in as first choice right back.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I wasn't impressed from the videos so I don't see the hype. But if a lot of Portuguese followers rate him then fair play. Division 2 of that league and 7 senior apps isn't really enough of a basis to be sure though.

Seven Seas Sardines

He's absolutely fantastic and without doubt one of the hottest prospects in Portuguese football (which is nothing to underestimate when you look at the players that have been produced by Benfica, Porto, Sporting, and even clubs like Rio Ave and Braga)

First heard of him because of football manager, here's a screenshot for other losers like me.

He's a modern fullback, he's by no means slow but he wouldn't be rapid, but he's a good defender and absolutely fantastic going forward. Quite tall and strong too.
Seems he will grow 2cm by October as well! Get in!

Rajma

I wasn't impressed from the videos so I don't see the hype. But if a lot of Portuguese followers rate him then fair play. Division 2 of that league and 7 senior apps isn't really enough of a basis to be sure though.
Mate, best scouts are in action, we’re landing once in a generation right back.

Castia

He's a kid with good potential who will come and and be given time to settle because Valencia will start the season at RB, its great to see us sign these highly rated youngsters imo.

Valencia has struggled lately and can't play 40 games a season anymore, this kid should get plenty of games under his belt this year regardless.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mate, best scouts are in action, we’re landing once in a generation right back.
He's a kid with good potential who will come and and be given time to settle because Valencia will start the season at RB, its great to see us sign these highly rated youngsters imo.
I agree. Would love him to succeed. I do wonder whether we should do more to replace a 33 year old full back in present terms however.

Not that Valencia is bad defensively, he's just very blunt going forward. Could be because he has no natural winger in front of him I suppose.

Bojan11

I agree. Would love him to succeed. I do wonder whether we should do more to replace a 33 year old full back in present terms however.

Not that Valencia is bad defensively, he's just very blunt going forward. Could be because he has no natural winger in front of him I suppose.
He was blunt going forward when he was a winger.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
FFS Woody, Liverpool sign Fabinho within an hour of being linked with him. Get your finger out you weapon.

I love silly season

Moiraine

Darmian was much better when he was playing regularly. It was impossible to dribble pass him, he always took the ball away.
I wonder if he is an improvement on even Darmian who has been our 3rd choice right back this season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Which is horrible news
This is Mourinho we're talking about. He's not going to throw some untried youth into a champions league knock out tie.

Few of the clips have him on the left so he could well be a Luke Shaw replacement.

RedDevil@84

Darmian was much better when he was playing regularly. It was impossible to dribble pass him, he always took the ball away.
I wonder if he is an improvement on even Darmian who has been our 3rd choice right back this season.
And as per the scouting reports when we signed Darmian, he was not really known as a great attacker and crossing was called out as his weak point.
Yet, somehow people were surprised when he couldn't find his life easy in a league were fullbacks were expected to go up and down all day and cross as much as possible.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This is Mourinho we're talking about. He's not going to throw some untried youth into a champions league knock out tie.

Few of the clips have him on the left so he could well be a Luke Shaw replacement.
McTominay...

El-Manos

Seeing promising things here but I would be lying if I said I’ve seen him play a single time...

Josep Dowling

He was blunt going forward when he was a winger.
I think that’s a bit harsh. He had most assists before his horrendous injury I’m fairly sure.

Our main problem on that side is we need a RW that stays wide. He’s always left on his own to create the width. Defensively I think he’s pretty good.

Saf94

Worst case scenario I could deal with another season of Valencia at right back. As long as we get a really top quality left back we’ll be able to do with Valencia being an outlet on the right and just providing some width on that side.

Given the fee and his potential this is a good signing, we’re not going to be able to spend 50m each on 2 fullbacks, a Cm and a cb and still have enough left for a 100m signing (Savic, Bale) or 2 more 50m signings (Willian and another Cm?)

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
When has signing a young Portuguese player ever worked out for us FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.