Diogo Dalot | Done Deal | Speaks better English than Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
@Peyroteo @broccoli You already said everything about Dalot, already mentioned here he is the best prospect born in 99, ahead of João Félix, Leão for example.

But I have the same feeling as Peyroteo, he should have stayed 1 more year at least with Porto to replace Ricardo Pereira.

Clearly there are some posters who still think he was scouted for the so called 8 games for Porto first team, he wasn't.

https://footballtalentscout.net/2016/09/04/diogo-dalot/

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/01/0...alot-juventus-napoli-scout-portuguese-starlet

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/06/0...an-united-barcelona-chelsea-at-u20-world-cup/

If he will develop well or not I don't know, but better take a risk like this for someone who clearly has been scouted for what he can be not what he is now.

Last time I will say anything about this, why am I supporting a kid who played for Porto I don't know :lol:

But I keep the same opinion, he is better than Cancelo or Semedo with the same age, reason why Mourinho went for him, now if he will deliver in the future the same performances like Paulo Ferreira in the past for Porto or Chelsea 2/3 first seasons nobody here knows, reason why there are scouts around the world.

End of Dalot discussion for me, lets see now if he has the mentality to be a top player or if he will be only a prospect.
Nice post. Also bold parts are spot on. Bayern were linked with him even before he played for Porto's senior team.

Also regarding taking risk, again spot on. If he plays well, his price shoots up and good chance we might not even get him with other clubs in for him. If scouts and coaches are impressed then it's better to take the risk.

Dolf

Based on what I’ve seen, there is no reason he shouldn’t displace Valencia immediately. (And there’s no reason he should.)
Bit too optimistic. 19 years old and only 8 games on an average level. PL is top flight.
If Valencia was 19 years old right now we would all be saying how he is going to turn into a world class RB

red thru&thru

Some great posts in here for why we should sign him.

United fans, “Why doesn’t our club sign these talents before they make it “big” and spend £m’s on them?!

Also United fans, “Why are we signing this untested talent? We should sign the “big” talent now, we are the biggest club in the world, we should spend the £m’s on them!”

Personally, I believe we’re finding a great balance of our signings. I believe we’ll unearth more and more gems now that Ribalta has been here for a year +.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He will play a lot of games from the off. Valencia has ankle issues, so cannot play twice a week. Won't surprise me if Dalot is first choice by season's end.

James Peril

Based on what I’ve seen, there is no reason he shouldn’t displace Valencia immediately. (And there’s no reason he should.)
I do not understand why Valencia is under so much scrutiny this last season and after it ended. He is a very fit, stable right-back in a world of not so many great right-backs. His attacking output has been sort of crap in terms of assists, but he has scored three goals in the league. I really wanted that assist number to reach at least 6 or 7, but his crossing and decision-making has not been the greatest, that I'll admit. Furthermore, say what you want about Mourinho' supposed attacking approach, but we have not put a lot of emphasis on our full-back the last two seasons. If you see a team like City attacking, they bring the full-backs into more action and the same can be said about Tottenham to a certain degree due to their lack of natural width from attacking players. Put Valencia in at City or Spurs and he would have done a good job and provide more assists as he would have been in more positions. He is a Mourinho-player however, and he has been key to us keeping 16 clean sheets. A defender is supposed to defend first and foremost, let's not forget this.

Valencia for me gets a 7.5/10 and that is not something we immediately need to replace. As a defender he's at a 9 in this league and there are not many I would swap him with, Walker is the only one in terms of pure ability.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He is another Varane, who was scouted by Zidane and Mourinho with maybe half a season in the Lens team. Physically mature, technically good, good decision making as a teenager.

I suspect he will be competing with Valencia this season, and be above him next season.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I do not understand why Valencia is under so much scrutiny this last season and after it ended. He is a very fit, stable right-back in a world of not so many great right-backs. His attacking output has been sort of crap in terms of assists, but he has scored three goals in the league. I really wanted that assist number to reach at least 6 or 7, but his crossing and decision-making has not been the greatest, that I'll admit. Furthermore, say what you want about Mourinho' supposed attacking approach, but we have not put a lot of emphasis on our full-back the last two seasons. If you see a team like City attacking, they bring the full-backs into more action and the same can be said about Tottenham to a certain degree due to their lack of natural width from attacking players. Put Valencia in at City or Spurs and he would have done a good job and provide more assists as he would have been in more positions. He is a Mourinho-player however, and he has been key to us keeping 16 clean sheets. A defender is supposed to defend first and foremost, let's not forget this.

Valencia for me gets a 7.5/10 and that is not something we immediately need to replace. As a defender he's at a 9 in this league and there are not many I would swap him with, Walker is the only one in terms of pure ability.
Valencia would have many more assist playing for city, allowed to go forward, it is hard to take on player or cross when you are the only one player on your side. His crossing is a bit underwhelming but he can't just loose the ball when he's playing alone on that side, so he plays it a bit safe and only commits forward when it's safe to go... In city with Sane/Sterling he would have a lot more movement and space created by the winger so he would get into more advanced positions and could drill the ball into the box where again would be a lot of players, unlike in our team, not mentioning the pressing City use, Valencia would press highger too and get again a lot more space, unlike with use when we defend deep and harldy get forward on his own..

On the other hand I agree again, there is a very very solid RB, who hardly lose any challenge, almost never gets dispossesed or lose the ball who has a great stamina to run there for two players, never makes mistakes, that alone is great, just give him a flanker and he will explode, even though in Mourinho system it won't be as good as if he played for Liverpool or City where they start theiur attack further up the pitch, and the same could be said about Young on the other side of the pitch, who's got decent numbers while being solid in the back.

People who expect us to get better with different fullbacks there will be surprised, unless it is Marcelo it won't be a significant upgrade because of the formation and style of football we practice under Mou but yeah we need new blood as both of our no1 fullbacks are 33 next season. There are not many palyers who would immediately bench YOung and Valencia now

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
He will play a lot of games from the off. Valencia has ankle issues, so cannot play twice a week. Won't surprise me if Dalot is first choice by season's end.
I dunno Valencia is the captain at the moment and played a lot of games this year, I don't see a massive reduction.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You’ve just described 3-4 players who have since disappeared so where is the value?
How have they disappeared?

Vinicius Jr is in good form at Brazil. That lad Pellegri earnt himself a move to Monaco which as we know is one of the best places for a youngster to develop. Embalo it seems is staying at Benfica but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up signing him.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How have they disappeared?

Vinicius Jr is in good form at Brazil. That lad Pellegri earnt himself a move to Monaco which as we know is one of the best places for a youngster to develop. Embalo it seems is staying at Benfica but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up signing him.
Any them good enough for United to improve us as I personally would you rather wait and spend an extra £20m once they have done well at clubs like Monaco. My belief right now is we need ready now players and once we have a very good 11 then these types of signings would be useful but right now especially this window unless an opportunity to sign an upcoming young Mbappe or Neymar type (a potential generation player) exists then I’d rather pass over. Just my opinion.

Canagel

I hope he is actually going to play at RB and hasn't been brought to play LB because that would mean no chance of Sandro. We need him to be ready at some stage to take over Valencia which I'm sure he can. The age is not a problem. If you're good enough you're old enough. Very excited to see him in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.