Diogo Dalot | Done Deal | Speaks better English than Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Diogo Dalot is an anagram of "I good Lotad". Lotad is a Pokémon who is incredibly weak and feeble, weak to flying types. Who's flying right now? That's right, City and Liverpool. We'd be screwed.

Do not want.

Reference - Lotad:

Anyone who knows anything about Pokémon knows that Lotad evolves into Ludicolo, who is thematically the best Pokèmon. Ludicolo is also favoured by Mirror B, the coolest villain in the games with the best theme.
If we can make Dalot our Ludicolo, we will win alot.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hes sounding a bit like an Azculapeta (sp?) sort of transfer, coming out of nowhere as a full back. I hope he follows the same trajectory.

SteveW

I took an interest in Portuguese football last year, I'd know more about the Benfica side than Porto or Sporting, but I've been to see all three teams when I was in Lisbon in April although Dalot wasn't in the squad that day.

If I recall correctly Barcelona and Madrid took interest in him, with Madrid especially keen on him. He's had an extremely smooth trajectory towards the first team, from what I heard looked miles above everybody else when he was playing with the B team in the 2nd division (Which is a tough league to play in! A lot of good players) He has no real weakness and looks like a Jose player in the sense that he's always looked composed, strong, and good in the air.

He's not quite as attacking as Rafael was, he'd be quite similar to somebody like Coleman in his playstyle in that he's aggressive, good in either half, and consistent. He would really help take the strain off Valencia, and there's no better player for him to learn from than Antonio. Really excited about this signing.
Take that in a heartbeat.

Kostov

Darmian as in Italy's first choice right back and wanted by Juventus Darmian?

Yeah, he's clearly not a good footballer at all...
Yeah the same useless git we've been watching the past 3 years, he is a shit full back for us that is clear. Maybe you should watch him try defend/attack against any semi decent PL footballer, you will get what I'm talking about.

Zoo

O Jogo say it’s done. Just waiting for the announcement.

Toad

I took an interest in Portuguese football last year, I'd know more about the Benfica side than Porto or Sporting, but I've been to see all three teams when I was in Lisbon in April although Dalot wasn't in the squad that day.

If I recall correctly Barcelona and Madrid took interest in him, with Madrid especially keen on him. He's had an extremely smooth trajectory towards the first team, from what I heard looked miles above everybody else when he was playing with the B team in the 2nd division (Which is a tough league to play in! A lot of good players) He has no real weakness and looks like a Jose player in the sense that he's always looked composed, strong, and good in the air.

He's not quite as attacking as Rafael was, he'd be quite similar to somebody like Coleman in his playstyle in that he's aggressive, good in either half, and consistent. He would really help take the strain off Valencia, and there's no better player for him to learn from than Antonio. Really excited about this signing.
@Irrational. has already covered this.

Cliche Guevara

Diogo Dalot is an anagram of "I good Lotad". Lotad is a Pokémon who is incredibly weak and feeble, weak to flying types. Who's flying right now? That's right, City and Liverpool. We'd be screwed.

Do not want.

Reference - Lotad:

Yeah but he’s a good lotad!

What are flying types? Wingers! He’s telling us he’s strong against wingers. What position does he play? Full-back.

This is meant...

(Can’t believe I’m actually doing this)

Enigma_87

You know who
Who is in the market?
Meunier it seems, as Tuchel doesn't rate his full backs. He looked great every time I see him. Especially in his end product.
We were always going into next season with Valencia as RB at least we actually have someone to challenge him for a spot now because Darmian wasn't going to shift him on a regular basis.

I do think we'll sign a starter at LB though maybe Sandro.
I seriously hope not. Valencia can stay as a rotation option but we need a starter...
Feck off from here with your negativity - no feckin thread can’t go without slating the club. Ahoy
:D
If we buy him, I think he will play a role. Its the United way to trust young players.
Yeah I have no problem with that - especially since he can cover both wings. Would definitely spell the end of Shaw(not necessarily a bad thing).

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I hate how nowadays portuguese players get sold even before they've freaking played for their club. Dalot played 7 games for Porto, Bernardo Silva played 3 games for Benfica, Cancelo played 2 games for Benfica, Andre Gomes, Dier and Renato Sanches played half a season, Ruben Neves didn't have enough time to even settle as a starter, Andre Silva had lost his place in the starting eleven. Even kids from the academies are getting poached.

It's obvious Dalot would develop better by staying in Porto than he would by playing 5 games for the whole season at United so hopefully if he's going he makes sure he's going to get enough opportunities. Reading this place I'm also sure the fans won't give him the patience he needs so he better have a great start.

Loublaze

ATLien
Darmian as in Italy's first choice right back and wanted by Juventus Darmian?

Yeah, he's clearly not a good footballer at all...
He's been shit in England. Good luck to him at Juventus

Frank Grimes

2 signings look like they have been done already, Fred and Dalot. LB,RW and CB and we are good to go. To think we have fans losing their sh*t over lack of activity, good thing they're not Arsenal fans.

El-Manos

Hes sounding a bit like an Azculapeta (sp?) sort of transfer, coming out of nowhere as a full back. I hope he follows the same trajectory.
Azpili had a lot more experience at the time but if he turns out as good as him, i'll be delighted.

El-Manos

2 signings look like they have been done already, Fred and Dalot. LB,RW and CB and we are good to go. To think we have fans losing their sh*t over lack of activity, good thing they're not Arsenal fans.
BBC have confirmed we're after Alderweireld, now I wonder who we are targeting for the left back position and RW, providing we are actually looking to feckin buy one :nervous::nervous: Sandro & Willian?

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
I'm not sure what you've Fred, but the feeling around here is this is not Dalot of signings. It could get Messi and the fans will need releasing on Bale. Personally I'm just worried we'll win Neymar trophies.

Mainoldo

I hate how nowadays portuguese players get sold even before they've freaking played for their club. Dalot played 7 games for Porto, Bernardo Silva played 3 games for Benfica, Cancelo played 2 games for Benfica, Andre Gomes, Dier and Renato Sanches played half a season, Ruben Neves didn't have enough time to even settle as a starter, Andre Silva had lost his place in the starting eleven. Even kids from the academies are getting poached.

It's obvious Dalot would develop better by staying in Porto than he would by playing 5 games for the whole season at United so hopefully if he's going he makes sure he's going to get enough opportunities. Reading this place I'm also sure the fans won't give him the patience he needs so he better have a great start.
Ermmm Ruben Neves was well established in the Porto side.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Hopefully he'll become as good as Carvahal or someone.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Wow, beginning to feel like we’ve pulled off quite a coup here. From unknown to hugely hyped player in a matter of hours!
I hear he is a better leader than Pep and heads harder than Zidane and he can single handedly gegenpress the whole of Liverpool.

Frank Grimes

BBC have confirmed we're after Alderweireld, now I wonder who we are targeting for the left back position and RW, providing we are actually looking to feckin buy one :nervous::nervous: Sandro & Willian?
We need a LB and RW for sure, who knows who we'll get but the muppet dream would be Sandro and Bale, Sandro and Willian would be a bit underwhelming but I do rate Willian. Bale has that X factor though.

Jonno

Judging by the reactions of Porto / Portugese / Dalot experts, it sounds like we're signing one hell of a player.

Perfect timing for him to come along, Tony V is near the end of a long, leggy career and Dalot coming in as his understudy for a season or two could allow him to develop whilst shielding him from immense pressure of being our first choice from the off.

But but but... Mourinho only signs finished products and kills youth so it can't be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.