Diogo Dalot | Done Deal | Speaks better English than Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr3yham3

There's no way we're signing another rightback this year.
Yep, i don't see how getting 3 new defenders in a back 4 will help us, given the lack of chemistry and understanding, hence Dalot is a great choice. I don't think Jose will him Valencia just like that by getting a new first choice RB as well, him being Captain and all. As someone else mentioned, a 60-40 playing time for Valencia and Dalot should be great.

klsv

Reports: Man United interested in 29-year old full-back
Caf: Why the feck are we in for grandfathers, he's dead in 50 years! We should go for young talent instead.

Reports: Man United interested in a 19-year old promising full-back
Caf: Great, now we're into fetuses, stuck with Valencia for another 15 years! We need to sign players in their prime.

It's like there's a timeframe of 3 hours in every player's life when they're fit for United, but even then why bother, Mourinho's shit so might as well play Darmian.

deafepl

Reports: Man United interested in 29-year old full-back
Caf: Why the feck are we in for grandfathers, he's dead in 50 years! We should go for young talent instead.

Reports: Man United interested in a 19-year old promising full-back
Caf: Great, now we're into fetuses, stuck with Valencia for another 15 years! We need to sign players in their prime.

It's like there's a timeframe of 3 hours in every player's life when they're fit for United, but even then why bother, Mourinho's shit so might as well play Darmian.
I think it is cause they don't want a backup, they want an instant starter to bench Valencia.

haram

Myth that Mourinho only wants to sign older players and is thinking short term is over if we sign this lad and Fred. It was bollocks to begin with considering the ages of Lukaku, Pogba, Bailly and Lindelof but whatever.

Hans Moleman

I think it is cause they don't want a backup, they want an instant starter to bench Valencia.
Valencia is the club captain (or one of the leading captain choices) and is one of Jose's most trusted players, that was NEVER going to happen in this window. Especially at the prices required to sign a first choice player these days. We can't afford to buy 5 or 6 starters. Not only that, it would be incredibly disruptive to do so.

I think: rotation RB, CM
Starter: LB, CB, CM, RW
Possibly even a backup GK (depending on what Romero wants to do) and FW

That's a LOT of disruption and transfer fees

klsv

If he's one of the most promising RB's in Europe we need to sign him despite wheter you think Valencia needs to be replaced straight away. If we don't act fast on players like this, we'll be moaning and crying once he becomes a worldie for another EPL side.

deafepl

Valencia is the club captain and is one of Jose's most trusted players, that was NEVER going to happen in this window. Especially at the prices required to sign a first choice player these days. We can't afford to buy 5 or 6 starters. Not only that, it would be incredibly disruptive to do so.

I think: rotation RB, CM
Starter: LB, CB, CM, RW
Possibly even a backup GK (depending on what Romero wants to do) and FW

That's a LOT of disruption and transfer fees
That's Carrick's captain, not Valencia as he is vice-captain, he is not one of the Jose's most trusted fullbacks, he doesn't like what Valencia is offering on the right flank as evidenced in FA quarter-final but he is better defensively and shit in attacking, Young is his favourites fullbacks as he can defend, even though it's not perfect and his attacking game is better than Valencia. .

Hans Moleman

That's Carrick's captain, not Valencia as he is vice-captain, he is not one of the Jose's most trusted fullbacks, he doesn't like what Valencia is offering on the right flank as evidenced in FA quarter-final but he is better defensively and shit in attacking, Young is his favourites fullbacks as he can defend, even though it's not perfect and his attacking game is better than Valencia. .
Carrick has retired :lol:

Nobody starts more games than Valencia, with the exception of Pogba & Zlatan last season and Matic & Lukaku this season. He is almost the first name on the teamsheet.

sam147

You forgot Bale on the right wing :devil:
We can hope right. I always thought Griez was a better option at RW especially the way Jose plays with them so narrow. Grizi wouldve been able to operate in them areas much better but only a fool would say no to Bale. At the end of the day either we spend the money or it gets pocketed so not fussed.

SouthPredators4

If JM wants Valencia as first choice rb, then obviously we will be targetting a new wide right attack to compensate for Valencia's offensive limitations.

deafepl

This is the only way I can accept another season of Valencia starting, I’m still not happy about the idea though.
I don't think that would help. Really need more support from fullbacks.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout

Interesting, Porto fan thinks he prefers to play as RW.

jesperjaap

Considering so many seem to think Young (called up to the world cup squad) and Valencia (captain) are such liabilities, strange also saying why sign a player who is just an understudy to wait in the wings they have never heard of but is being touted as one of the best young players in Europe.

Sounds an ideal signing to me like I was hoping for with Heinrichs. Can play both full back positions, is young and very talented. It means he can replace Valencia and Young if not performing and with the abiity to play both wings it gives a final opportunity for Shaw for another season. I dont think that is a bad thing, if Shaw gets his act together and form and DAlot breaks through that could be two great young attacking full backs moving forward.....for a cost of just £20m

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Good to see that our revamped scouting department is doing some work. There's literally nothing to complaint about this deal.

roonster09

Scout
Yeah I think he means on the right side rather than the wing
That was in reply to this, so don't think he meant anything other than RW.

Do you think he will transition into a rw? Asking because we need a RW as well. Thanks for the insigh

roonster09

Scout
Good to see that our revamped scouting department is doing some work. There's literally nothing to complaint about this deal.
Good luck with that.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The fecker PortuBall massively overrates every Portuguese player. Him saying player x has huge talent means absolutely nothing.
That guy knows nothing. Anyways, good purchase for United if true. He is be a very good prospect for the future. I don't know if he can make an immediate impact but i guess he can settle down without pressure being a second choice behind Valência and getting prepared under Mourinho's tutelage.

MuranoLover

This quick 2 deals are meaning that Jose is mad for the FA Cup final and maybe he has learnt a thing or two and will be more aggressive on the field next year

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
“ He’s too young, how’s he going to help us win the league? ”

:rolleyes:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I think this makes a lot of sense as well. IF we were to get Toby and Sandro, together with another first choice RB like Sidibe, it will mean that our starting back 4 next season will be filled with new players - 3 out of 4 of them, which does not sound ideal at all. Playing Valencia with Dalot as a backup and quick learner will give the newer players in defence more time to settle and give Dalot more time to get used to the league. Let's hope the deal goes through!
This is how I see it too, which would make a huge amount of sense. Valencia is still great defensively and will be first choice, so now would be a good time to get a younger replacement to bed him in slowly.

Clearly a proven WC right back would help improve us instantly, but if we manage to improve CB, LB and RW then it shouldn't matter that Valencia is still our starting RB.

Treble

Hopefully great business. He's one for the future though. Don't expect many starts for him next season. Valencia or Young to be a starter next season?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I don't know the lad from Adam, but it's good to see our scouts identifying some prospects. It goes without saying I'd like some more work on our flanks, either starting wingers or new fullbacks are needed. Valencia and Young having roles to play next year was never my worst fear, but as nailed-on starters for 50+ games without serious backup/competition is not where we should be.

Lentwood

Not a fan of this kind of signing given where we are. Tbh i would rather us pay over the odds for proven players right now, then start signing 19yo RBs when we have a solid 16/17 players

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
If he renews you will change your opinion?
But Yeah, i understand the feeling, after all the love he has been showing(if remember well in the Dragões de Ouro gala he did a porto lover speech)
There's no way back for him now. He had offers and still celebrated like you saw.

Janson

I’m all for these kind of signings. The RB market is not great at the moment, seems like every RB available has some weaknesses and with the price thrown around for the likes of Sidibe, it may be a better choice to take a punt on a young talent.

6 apperances is not much experience, so expect to see Valencia a lot next year :lol:
If we sign him, I expect Valencia to be starting for a few more years until he's ready.

Sanche7

Hopefully great business. He's one for the future though. Don't expect many starts for him next season. Valencia or Young to be a starter next season?
Maybe that's what Mou meant when he said Young is going to play maybe 50 games next year

ROFLUTION

Not a fan of this kind of signing given where we are. Tbh i would rather us pay over the odds for proven players right now, then start signing 19yo RBs when we have a solid 16/17 players
It could also be a way to afford another wing-back within our budget like Sidibe (who I hope we will get).

The market is just very narrow for good/proven players. All these bigger players went to City or Barca last year: Mendy, Walker, Semedo.

Buying a talent like this tells something about how Jose still trusts Valencia. Tbh I think Valencia gets waaaay too much flame in here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.