Diogo Dalot | Done Deal | Speaks better English than Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I would take this signing if we actually had a coach who can tolerate mistakes from young players instead of throwing them under the buss and reverting to his old known players at the first sign of trouble.
I'm just going to borrow a post from the first page of this thread:

Don't pollute another thread with Jose nonsense.

Inter Yer Nan

Sounds like he's played more senior level games as a left-back than right-back. He probably won't go straight into the first team but if he can fill in in either full-back position and play cup games that should help bed him in well. Sounds a smart buy as the scouting reports seem to be that he's a major talent and he's costing very little in this market.

Saf94

Here’s Dalot setting up 2 goals in league game earlier this year

Castia

We’ll get around 10m for Darmian and Dalot is costing us 17m with huge potential, great deal imo.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Left-back? So we can sign Pavard as well...

Dalot, Lindelof, Smalling, Pavard would be a good backline to play out of...

No Love

Oy! Give them time, unless you want us to announce him with some shitty video with no piano!!!!! I saw white letters
You’re right! Actually, come to think of it.. Nothing about this deal feels right. Did they even ‘prepare’ this so-called bid? Amateur hour.

Nickosaur

30 minutes ago I'd never heard of this kid. Since then I've watched two short compilations and read a few opinions from random internet strangers and I can safely say if Woodward fecks this up he needs to go.

Nick7

Can't believe we haven't announced it yet. Woodward slacking off again while our rivals sign everyone.

dalot of bollocks

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
30 minutes ago I'd never heard of this kid. Since then I've watched two short compilations and read a few opinions from random internet strangers and I can safely say if Woodward fecks this up he needs to go.
:lol: Think you've captured the mood perfectly there.

Walters_19_MuFc

Suggests Mourinho is content with Valencia for at least another season. In an ideal world I'd want someone better to go into the starting XI, but we probably have more pressing concerns this summer.
We do, and if we sign a left back, it means Young can also play right back.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I didn't see anything extra special from the YouTube videos which shows how useful they really are in judging a player. All the regular watchers have glowing reports for him.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
And what is there to be positive about ?

It should be clear as day that we need a serious quality injection on both fullback positions if we want to start challenging for major silverware. You would expect we are signing someone who is established and can be an immediate starter for us. What chance on that do you have with a 19 year old who has only played 6 games so far in the portguese first league ? I mean no offence to the player, he looks really good for a 19 year old player, he might become a star in a few years, that is great for him but we really need someone who is already a star and we need them right now. So this signing makes absolutley no sense for me, especially given how Mourinho is so wonderfully patient with young players, like someone said if this kid makes a mistake, it will be Valencia again for the rest of the season and where does that leave us in terms of progress ?
Taglines check out

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Mourinho likes his full-backs that can fit in at either LB or RB. Santon, Azpilicueta, Young etc.

EyeInTheSky

Whatever, Fabinho's a better right back.
Pls bite
we don't know that really beside he has not played in the first team for long enough to compare and Fabinho is certainly not anything special.

Fabinho has reached his level and is not going to get any better. Diogo has a much higher ceiling than Fabinho, I should know as I fitted coving at both their houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.