Diogo Dalot | Manchester United player

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of Diogo Dalot from FC Porto on a five-year contract, with an option to extend for a further year.

The 19-year-old Portugal Under-21 international came through the ranks of Porto's youth system. He made his debut in Portugal's Primeira Liga earlier this year.

Jose Mourinho said: “Diogo is an extremely talented young defender with all the qualities to quickly become a great player for this club. He has all the attributes that a full-back needs: physicality, tactical intelligence and technical quality, combined with a Porto Academy mentality which prepares players for the maturity they need at the professional level.

“In his age group, he is the best full-back in Europe and we all believe he has a bright future ahead of him at Manchester United.”

Diogo Dalot said: “Joining Manchester United is an unbelievable opportunity for me. I have grown up in Porto's Academy and I am so thankful for everything they have done for me. But the chance of coming to the biggest club in the world is something I just couldn't turn down.

I'm excited about working with Jose Mourinho and learning everything I can from such a successful coach. I am looking forward to playing alongside the fantastic players in the squad.”
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...paign=muwebsite&utm_content=dnewplayersigning

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nice. Two down....

I genuinely love when we sign highly rated young players I've never heard of, by far the most exciting type of signing imo.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
A talented youngster being signed under Mourinho? But.. but.. he never signs young players etc.

Looking forward to him hopefully displacing Valencia at some point.

NYAS

Jose saying exactly the same thing I said about him in his other thread about being the best RB in his age group in Europe...:devil:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Hoping this means we'll have a full back whose crosses beat the first man!

Excellent. Not a lot to judge him on yet but I'm all for any new full backs.

jungledrums

Those that have seen him play - do you expect him to take a few months/years to settle, or could he possibly fight for a starting spot this season? Is he as good as Fosu-Mensah?

GazTheLegend

Top player, always rated him. Now let’s see how he does on a bigger stage!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Big praise from the manager. Also a 6yr contract(more or less) :eek:. The club is showing Dalot of faith in this player.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Not the best way to leave his childhood club but well good luck anyway.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Exactly the kind of RB signing I wanted us to make. If he works out then the price is superb too.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Control Alt Dalot. Hopfully better than Control Alt Ritchie DeLaet.

Very excited about this guy. Genuinely intrigued to see how Mourinho uses him this season.

Canagel

This might be the most exciting singing we will make this summer. Always love the hungry young talents with the hunger to succeed instead of mercenaries.
Can't wait to see him in action.

AngliaRed

I dont know anything about him except he’s young!

Will he replace Valencia straight away or is he a signing for the future?

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
This might be the most exciting singing we will make this summer. Always love the hungry young talents with the hunger to succeed instead of mercenaries.
Sorry to disappoint but his and his father's hunger is money. If some day he feels he needs a new bonus or another club comes sniffing with higher wages, then be prepared, he's not less mercenary than any.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

For those asking about the player. @broccoli @SCP and @Peyroteo shared their thoughts about him in the earlier thread.

Skubah

Theres always something about signing these highly rated talents that make them in my opinion the most exciting. I remember when we signed Martial for what was a substantial amount of money for someone who played less than 50 professional games in their career. Then he came on against Liverpool and scored on his debut and made me shit my pants.

Looking forward to this one! Welcome diogo! For anyone who's seen him play what is he like?

AgentP

Welcome Diogo! 2 deals done in no time. Hoping for a few more surprise deals.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Porto confirmed that fee is 22 million Euros.

Get In Scholesy

This is good. We have more depth at the fullback position now. Aside from Shaw or Darmian, we haven’t had a natural full back play for the club in quite a while.

Let’s hope he kicks on

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Big praise from the manager. Also a 6yr contract(more or less) :eek:. The club is showing Dalot of faith in this player.
I would welcome it Dalot, if you warned yourself for that joke.:lol:

Great to see the club wrapping up deals early.
Hopefully all the over dramatic posters going bezerk when Liverpool signed Fabinho can get back in their box. Although give it a week without anyone else, I’m sure they will be back in force.

Hojoon

First #FredtheRed and now Dalot. We've basically signed them so our social media department could have a field day.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Welcome Diogo :drool::devil:

Love signing these players I know relatively little about, really exciting. 2 players already too so good to see we are moveing quickly in the market.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah Anderson and Shaw worked out great :nervous:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Diogo wuhoooooooooo,
Diogo whooooooooooo,
We don't know who you are,
The puns have gone too far.

Prodigy24

I've never seen this guy play but he's obviously very highly rated and plays in a position where we need to improve, so I'm very happy that we've signed him. Just hoping that he can stay fit and become a regular in the starting eleven.

prath92

Wonder if F365 will rinse themselves in media watch