Diogo Jota

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
He’s underrated in my opinion and to be fair Klopp has got the best out of him.
I love that about managers who can make players better than they are somewhere else. It shows that they're doing something right.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Begrudgingly you have to say that Klopp is arguably the very best at this, he's the don of polishing turds.
Annoyingly it just feels like he can make anyone seamlessly fit into his system, the fecker.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
25 goals in 52 games for Liverpool now I think. Tremendous signing. He's quite balanced as well in terms of how he scores his goals. An even mix of right foot, left foot and headed goals.

Firmino isn't starting ahead of him if they're both fit with Salah and Mane.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He's been really good and Firmino is surely behind him now.

Still can't figure out what his ceiling is or what he's really about as a player but not sure I need to while he plays like this. Second topscorer in the league, only behind Salah, and scored some big goals in there.
He’s pretty good off either side, but not mane or salah good. Through the middle however he’s playing like an exceptional no9. He offers something far different to Bobby. His link up play is bang average but his movement and finishing in the area and aerial ability is up there with the leagues best.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
His transfer needs investigating. Liverpool were skint and wolves suddenly agree to sell him for 2.5 million up front then 6 million a year for the length of his contract.

Dodgy as feck that was.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
His transfer needs investigating. Liverpool were skint and wolves suddenly agree to sell him for 2.5 million up front then 6 million a year for the length of his contract.

Dodgy as feck that was.
Don't cry. Dry your eyes. :lol:

MrEleson

His form goes to show what good coaching does as he’s normally totally pants when playing for Portugal.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
His form goes to show what good coaching does as he’s normally totally pants when playing for Portugal.
None of the portuguese stars (Diaz, Cancelo,Jota,Bruno and Felix) have done anything relevant with the Portugal t-shirt yet, i think Bernando is the only one who was up to the expectations.

SAFMUTD

Dodgy as feck that was.
While paying half his wages. I was surprised as well, also because Wolves took that money and signed a nobody from the Portugal League called Fabio Silva who haven't even played a senior game by then.

MrEleson

None of the portuguese stars (Diaz, Cancelo,Jota,Bruno and Felix) have done anything relevant with the Portugal t-shirt yet, i think Bernando is the only one who was up to the expectations.
Yeah that’s true. I think F. Santos is just a terrible coach all-in-all and can barely extract 50% of his team’s potential. Even Bernardo is generally not that good for them tbh.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Yeah that’s true. I think F. Santos is just a terrible coach all-in-all and can barely extract 50% of his team’s potential. Even Bernardo is generally not that good for them tbh.
Yes, he is very underwhelming as coach, even in the Euro he won, Portugal only dominated Wales, then struggled against Croatia and Poland, and should have lost to France, he got very lucky with that shot on post by Gignac in the last minute of regular time. After the Euro it was even worse.
I don't know how he is lasting so much time with Portugal NT after so many poor performances, maybe now that they might not qualify for WC he finally gets fired.

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
Diogo Jota has created a goal every 88 minutes he's on the pitch for Portugal (8 goals and 4 assists in 1055 minutes). Isn't that decent productivity?

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
The most impressive thing about Jota is how good he's at FIFA, he could legit be a top 10 eplayer if he was full time.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
30 goals in 60 games for Liverpool. 17 goals (12 in the league) this year so far and 7 ahead of Mane who has 10 all season.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
30 goals in 60 games for Liverpool. 17 goals (12 in the league) this year so far and 7 ahead of Mane who has 10 all season.
He has been amazing for you. A complete upgrade on Firmino for me.

Robertson was again, unbelievable. Him and Diaz linked up like that have been playing together for years.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If Dora the explorer was a striker, I would play her ahead of Jota everytime.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
And he's usually not a 90 minute man. Really good signing he's been. If he was more composed in front of goal... I shudder to think how good he could be.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wouldn't be surprised to see a front 3 of Salah - Jota - Diaz be their best attack by the end of the season

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I will wait until they win titles again to start calling Jota one of the bests.

For me their front 3 that got in to two CL finals in a row was better balanced.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Wouldn't be surprised to see a front 3 of Salah - Jota - Diaz be their best attack by the end of the season
Yeah, I reckon Salah will sign a bumper deal and they'll shift Mane and Firmino out. Jota is weird, he seems to miss as many easy chances as he scores. If he can increase how clinical he is then that's scary.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Annoyingly shrewd signing. Feck Liverpool.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Mane would be the one to go. Firmino just seems like he’s going to be here till he’s completely finished.

Smores

He massively benefits from their setup to be fair. His second goal yesterday for instance he's in acres of space because there's several Liverpool players making moves. We so rarely create opportunities like that for our strikers.

Got to give it to Liverpool they sign the right players rather than the most hyped and it pays off.

miked99

Jota was so streaky when played for Wolves. He'd have three or four really good games then seven or eight average ones and sometimes he'd be benched. When he signed for Liverpool I wasn't really bothered, didn't think he was anything special but they identified a potential for far more consistent performance that was proven absolutely correct.

Same with Mane. He'd have five or six games in a row where he looked absolutely brilliant for Southampton, then do very little for the next six. They got that one spot on as well.

They absolutely nailed both those signings. Which is really annoying.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Mane would be the one to go. Firmino just seems like he’s going to be here till he’s completely finished.
I hope not. Having him, Diaz and Salah for the two wide forward spots would be great.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Jota was so streaky when played for Wolves. He'd have three or four really good games then seven or eight average ones and sometimes he'd be benched. When he signed for Liverpool I wasn't really bothered, didn't think he was anything special but they identified a potential for far more consistent performance that was proven absolutely correct.

Same with Mane. He'd have five or six games in a row where he looked absolutely brilliant for Southampton, then do very little for the next six. They got that one spot on as well.

They absolutely nailed both those signings. Which is really annoying.
I do wish we had more of an insight into the analytics of signings. Obviously we can't as it gives away how clubs scout / analyse players but it would be fascinating as like you say, Liverpool have absolutely nailed multiple signings.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I hope not. Having him, Diaz and Salah for the two wide forward spots would be great.
Obviously you know more than me but it feels like your club/owners would like to be 'sustainable' in the sense that they don't mind selling a player if it brings in big bank/to benefit the overall squad. Of sizeable assets - Mane, Salah, TAA, VVD, Allison - Mane feels like the one you'd pick to go ahead of the others.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Obviously you know more than me but it feels like your club/owners would like to be 'sustainable' in the sense that they don't mind selling a player if it brings in big bank/to benefit the overall squad. Of sizeable assets - Mane, Salah, TAA, VVD, Allison - Mane feels like the one you'd pick to go ahead of the others.
You’re right, but I can still be hopeful. But let’s see. Maybe the added competition will see him find his old form.

Chairman Steve

They've hit a real sweet spot in the market for these signings.
But the annoying thing is from a United perspective is something like this is fairly easy to implement. Find a system, stick to it and identify the players who can play like that, and with sports science constantly evolving, you can weed out the sicknotes by looking at injury records and movement charts to see if they can handle constantly running around for 90 minutes etc.

The Utd approach the past few years involves lines like these being thrown around internally:
  • “Hey guys, who’s good for this basic position? First name that comes to your heads only please”
  • ”Who’s marketable out there? We could do with another revenue stream for merchandising“
  • ”I don’t care if he doesn’t fit the current system. Find a way!”

Frank Grimes

I will wait until they win titles again to start calling Jota one of the bests.

For me their front 3 that got in to two CL finals in a row was better balanced.
Definitely.

Still a very good attack and Diaz looked class last night too, his link up play with Robertson was extraordinary considering he is not there 2 weeks.

JuriM

Considering his size and tenure his ability to be the fox in the box is so good, quick nimble feet and great upper body strength to make himself a nice targetman.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Hate to see players miss the WC because of injuries.

Nick7

Feels like there's a lot of injuries in the lead up to this world cup, I wonder what could be causing that? :angel:

Real Name

Lot of crammed up games so Qatar can have their winter World cup, what could possibly go wrong.