Dirk Kuyt

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
he's under-rated. I thought his touch, passing and crossing was all good against Chelsea.

Sure it's popular to slag him off but he does a very good job for them and you can see why he would be a favourite with the fans. Sort of like park without so much guile but with more product. I think i'd take him over Park in honesty (shoot me now).

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's the best player to ever frustrate me so much.

It annoys me how he has no pace to beat a man with, how he will occasionally trap a ball farther than I can kick it and how he will blast finishing over goal that you would like to think a classy forward would have buried.

OTOH, he does go past players with some very clever body movement, his movement on and off the ball in general is superb as is his linkup play and he shows up when you need him. He's a firstteamer, and unlike many similar players of limited talent who might be more inclined to defer to the better players around him, he's not shy about taking attacking responsibility and try to make something happen.

The porthsmouth game cemented his stature in the team for me. N'gog and Babel looked out of their depth, then Torres and Kuyt (dirk in particular) came on and for 20 minutes ravaged their defence to seal the win. The kind of performance that tells you this is a player you will want to rely on.

He is the anti-babel really. Limited natural talent, but he has read the great book football from cover to cover a thousand times over and understand everything he needs to do to be a good footballer anyway and does it.

I think he can be improved upon, but it will take a top class player to displace him and till that happens I am happy to have him in the team.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I reckon he's one of the first names on the teamsheet for them.

Still, you can't help but laugh when you see him trying to control a ball.

MehdiMahdavikia

Dirk Kuyt really is by far the best in the world...

...at looking like Davros from the old Dr.Who although Ian Dowie is a worthy competitor.

cj_sparky

Kuyt is not under rated! I'll give you the fact that this has been his best season in the Premiership for me and in all honesty whilst I think he is a good technical player and runs his arse off. He is on Liverpools books as a striker, not a right winger.

He wouldn't get in any of the other top 6's starting line ups, in his true position as a striker. He is a bit like Alan Smith or Eidur Gudjohnson, a utility player who can do a job in a few areas of the park. But nothing more for me.

Kuyt is one in a long line of Rafa's, poor buys up top.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Kuyt is not under rated! I'll give you the fact that this has been his best season in the Premiership for me and in all honesty whilst I think he is a good technical player and runs his arse off. He is on Liverpools books as a striker, not a right winger.
what a pointless statement. he's played right wing for several seasons now, that's his position and what he should be judged as.

should we judge henry as a winger too, since that is what he was when he signed for arsenal?

GAngel

Completely anonymous does occasionally pop up for a good goal "this season"

Merman

Let us forget about his technical ability, I'm talking about his leadership qualities and never give up attitude.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
he's under-rated. I thought his touch, passing and crossing was all good against Chelsea.

Sure it's popular to slag him off but he does a very good job for them and you can see why he would be a favourite with the fans. Sort of like park without so much guile but with more product. .
Agreed

I think i'd take him over Park in honesty (shoot me now).
The gun is already in the post:devil:

wr8_utd

:'(
What a brilliant player. Gerrard would have missed that penalty for sure.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Propper shite today. Took me 60 minutes to realise he was playing.

Huge penalty though obviously

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
His touch was awful, i lost count of the number of times i shouted at the screen for the ugly cnut to hold the ball up, it kept bouncing off him, at one stage i let out a verbal tirade of "you useless piece of sloth love child shite" which brought an angry look from the missus....

Lance Uppercut

According to The Times today, he will be available at the end of the season for 900 grand, due to a clause in his contract.

Back to Holland?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He'll stay at Liverpool even if he's available, no better club is going to take him and they still need him. All in all he was a good buy for them at £7m or something they paid.

Lance Uppercut

I think he'll go back to Feyenoord. I imagine he had that fee stipulated in his contract so they could afford to buy him.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
I thought it was a 1.5million buy out clause. Even so, between 900k and 1.5ml lots of clubs would have him. He has a lot of valuable traits.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Even though I loathe the guy, I feel kind of like his rep on here, so I think it's only appropriate that I break this gutwrenching news to the caf.

After 22 years of marriage (because in the devout Christian shithole of Katwijk you marry when you're about 12), Dirk and Geertrude have decided to divorce. She walks awat with about 13 million which Im sure is more than she expected when she married a local amateur playing for Quickboys.

I know this news is a shock in an already difficult time (covid, Brexit), but Im sure we can bounce back.

PS: the OP in this post calls him underrated. That's rubbish, he's just a pub level player who accidentally hit a ball right an astonish amount of times in a row and became pro.

PPS: sorry for this bump, but Im not starting a new football forum thread for Dirk Kuyt. I like being here.

United Junkie

Why do you loathe Dirk Kuyt? He was the missing link that made Feyenoord win the eredivisie in 2017.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why do you loathe Dirk Kuyt? He was the missing link that made Feyenoord win the eredivisie in 2017.
Because he's a sanctimonious preachy twat who acts like he's a saint.

I respect him as a player and he's obviously a Feyenoord hero, but he just rubs me the wrong way somehow.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
It’s sad when couples divorce when there’s kids involved.

Also, I’m missing something here ... why did you pick that similar username if you don’t even like the guy, or is Kirk duyt mean some thing in Dutchie?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It’s sad when couples divorce when there’s kids involved.

Also, I’m missing something here ... why did you pick that similar username if you don’t even like the guy, or is Kirk duyt mean some thing in Dutchie?
I don't know man. I am kind of fascinated by him and in the end he is a club hero for Feyenoord. It's the person Kuyt that irks me, his career deserves praise if you ask me. To come as far as he did with that little talent should be something spoiled brats like Memphis Depay should take as an example. I guess I also thought switching two letters around was cool and clever :nervous:

In retrospect RayneWooney would have been better, but what can I do eh.