g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Disgusting and weird behaviour in football

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
How about biting somebody on three separate occasions and racial abusing another player. The sheer fact that Suarez was still welcome in football with open arms baffles me. The cnut should have been banned for life after he bit somebody the second time let alone the third occasion.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How about biting somebody on three separate occasions and racial abusing another player. The sheer fact that Suarez was still welcome in football with open arms baffles me. The cnut should have been banned for life after he bit somebody the second time let alone the third occasion.
It's football mate.
People go to jail, kill people, assault people, get off sexual charges and all waltz back into clubs after.

In most professional jobs just going to jail would stop you getting near your previous lifestyle.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Who'd be a ref? My mate referees sunday league and says they're crying out for more refs, and he keeps badgering me to go do the course, whilst also telling me stories about all the abuse and threats he gets. He gets about £25 a game or something. Then you see videos like that, why would anyone even want to do it?

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I feel in some occassions people should be brought to justice by the laws outside of football/sports..

The example above and for example Pepe kicking someone on the head with full force who is on the ground... They should be punished by the same laws as if it were happening on the street.

Lynty

I feel in some occassions people should be brought to justice by the laws outside of football/sports..

The example above and for example Pepe kicking someone on the head with full force who is on the ground... They should be punished by the same laws as if it were happening on the street.
I'm pretty sure they can if the victim wants to press charges.

AndySmith1990

Who'd be a ref? My mate referees sunday league and says they're crying out for more refs, and he keeps badgering me to go do the course, whilst also telling me stories about all the abuse and threats he gets. He gets about £25 a game or something. Then you see videos like that, why would anyone even want to do it?
I feel sorry for them. Emotions run high in football and no matter what they do there's usually one side or the other calling them useless, or even implying they're biased to one team, which is incredibly disrespectful as it calls into question their credibility as a ref and belittles all of the hard work it's taken to get to where they are (especially for the refs in major leagues) It's always said so casually as well, as is calling certain refs fat or old. Funny really, fans get up in arms about the slightest criticism of a beloved player, yet abusing refs is apparently fine. Guess that's tribalism for you, it tends to warp a person's morals.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I feel sorry for them. Emotions run high in football and no matter what they do there's usually one side or the other calling them useless, or even implying they're biased to one team, which is incredibly disrespectful as it calls into question their credibility as a ref and belittles all of the hard work it's taken to get to where they are (especially for the refs in major leagues) It's always said so casually as well, as is calling certain refs fat or old. Funny really, fans get up in arms about the slightest criticism of a beloved player, yet abusing refs is apparently fine. Guess that's tribalism for you, it tends to warp a person's morals.
Jog on, Jon.

poleglass red

it happened to Duncan Ferguson when he played for Rangers.Jailed for an on field action.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
A thread for the weird and disgusting stuff happening during games. I'll start off with this from yesterday's match between Atletico and Alaves:

Surely a lengthy ban for both?
Just seeing this now. Who spat at who first? I’d not spit back on the person, I’d just beat the fecking head clean off them — I don’t care if it’s on the football pitch or not.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!

Not even debatable. Madness it hardly ever is.