Divock Origi

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm happy enough with Sturridge as first choice and a young Origi as third/fourth choice. Need at least one, potentially two depending on Rodgers' system moving forward, who is top class along with Sturridge.

He's been Lille's only creative force this season. He's not been shit at all, he's been poor for a couple of months, but up until about the first Wolfsburg game he was playing well. He's been poor for the past two and a half months with a few good matches against PSG and Toulouse.
Agree we need another striker AND Origi. But for trying to justify Origi's early arrival to all and sundry on here I'd leave it Barney. I still haven't stopped laughing at the Sturridge vs Welbeck thread, that will take another 2 years before I can get it out of my mind completely. :D

Origi will arrive earlier than normal (good), he'll learn the movement Rodgers expects (good) and he'll be rearing to go once he's had a good half season with us with no pressure (good).

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
How do you pronounce his surname, Mr D sir?

Classical Mechanic

Origi will arrive earlier than normal (good), he'll learn the movement Rodgers expects (good) and he'll be rearing to go once he's had a good half season with us with no pressure (good).
Come on, he has 4 goals in 25 appearances and is on a 14 game goal scoring drought at a level comfortably lower than the Premier League. Personally, I didn't like the look of him at the World Cup. I think that we have good reason to be sceptical of his ability.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
I don't think it's been stated enough; 2 of his 4 goals this season have come from the penalty spot.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Come on, he has 4 goals in 25 appearances and is on a 14 game goal scoring drought at a level comfortably lower than the Premier League. Personally, I didn't like the look of him at the World Cup. I think that we have good reason to be sceptical of his ability.
I didn't think he looked anything special at the World Cup either tbh. He was better than Lukaku but that doesn't really say much as Lukaku was terrible.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Yeah he's yet to impress me whenever I've seen him play. I've seen him 4 or 5 times for Lille this season as I streamed a few of their games because Marcos Lopes is on loan there and Origi has been anonymous in each match. Judging by his record, that seems to be the norm for him this year.

Truedevil

Personally I'm delighted he's the "solution" for Rodgers and his team and not someone like Lacazette or another striker who can actually score goals.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I've seen a few Lille games in Ligue 1 and Europa League this season.....he was terrible in most of the matches
Of course you never know what can happen for player at a new club but i really can't see how he will score a lot of goals for Liverpool

And that Wilmots has played him above Lukaku is another mystery

luckyspurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Has 1 goal in 21 efforts from inside the penalty area this season, if you disclude the penalty.

For comparison Ayoze Perez has 5 in 20 and has been equally as accomplished with the ball at his feet, if not more impressive.

Last edited:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I feel awkward using his name. It's like I am calling him both a divvy and a pillock in one. And his last name sounds like a Japanese dish.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I feel awkward using his name. It's like I am calling him both a divvy and a pillock in one. And his last name sounds like a Japanese dish.
Pretty accurate I'd say. Not very bright and incredibly raw.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I don't think it's been stated enough; 2 of his 4 goals this season have come from the penalty spot.
That's twice as many as Lambert,Borini and Ballotelli have managed from open play in the league. He is a huge upgrade. Yawn.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That's twice as many as Lambert,Borini and Ballotelli have managed from open play in the league. He is a huge upgrade. Yawn.
Exactly. He's not The Answer but he's a better answer than we've currently got. Whenever I've seen Lille play they have been tumescent. Its like Moyes is somehow managing them in spirit.

You have your most creative player, albeit only Origi out of that shit lot, yet they choose to bypass him for huges swathes of 90 minutes. Or simply, they cross the half way line and forget how to pass altogether. Rodgers will play him on his own up front and Coutinho will feed him. He'd have to be Balotelli sh*t to only score 4 more goals in 14 more matches. And no one is Balotelli shit.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Exactly. He's not The Answer but he's a better answer than we've currently got. Whenever I've seen Lille play they have been tumescent. Its like Moyes is somehow managing them in spirit.

You have your most creative player, albeit only Origi out of that shit lot, yet they choose to bypass him for huges swathes of 90 minutes. Or simply, they cross the half way line and forget how to pass altogether. Rodgers will play him on his own up front and Coutinho will feed him. He'd have to be Balotelli sh*t to only score 4 more goals in 14 more matches. And no one is Balotelli shit.
This is the true, Lille have been terrible, absolute dogshite of a team this season so it's obviously not easy for a young player like him to carry them. I just don't know if the Liverpool context is favorable for him to perform well, there'll be so much on his shoulders from the go.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Based on what I saw of him in the summer, the circumstances he has been playing under this season, and of course his age - I think it is way too early to write him off. I think he has fantastic potential. If he's crap then so is Wilson, who I imagine we are still arguing is a young striker of outstanding potential.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They've all been shite though. Two times shite is still shite. It's like multiplying zero.

A "huge upgrade" would be a striker whose goal-scoring record this season has been... well... not shite.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They've all been shite though. Two times shite is still shite. It's like multiplying zero.

A "huge upgrade" would be a striker whose goal-scoring record this season has been... well... not shite.
:lol: sorry had to laugh at that.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Based on what I saw of him in the summer, the circumstances he has been playing under this season, and of course his age - I think it is way too early to write him off. I think he has fantastic potential. If he's crap then so is Wilson, who I imagine we are still arguing is a young striker of outstanding potential.
Origi has a ton of pace, he is incredibly quick. What he doesnt have is decent ball control when operating at pace. Wilson isnt as quick but his ball control at pace is much better. Origi I am sure will have a good first season when he does play for Liverpool but I think he will be worked out pretty quickly.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Ohh controversial. Have we found the new Scholesy? Now let's see if it's a Modric or Delfouneso type of prediction.

Seriously now, i was pretty unimpressed when Lille played Porto. Then again it wasn't just him but all Lille team.

RooneyLegend

Origi has a ton of pace, he is incredibly quick. What he doesnt have is decent ball control when operating at pace. Wilson isnt as quick but his ball control at pace is much better. Origi I am sure will have a good first season when he does play for Liverpool but I think he will be worked out pretty quickly.
He's got the rare combination of skills that don't allow opponents to work out players quickly. He's not just quick, he also has great balance and great dribbling. His only problem is that he's the sort of player that is often misused in football. often teams will use such a player out wide when its clear daylight he's a center forward.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I see a lot of Welbeck about his game, with more skill and ability to take on a man. Similar impotence in front of goal, with a similar physique that makes you so sure there is huge levels of potential to be untapped. Whether it is or not remains to be seen. I think he'll end up as a half decent player for Liverpool.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
:confused: How many times have you seen him play? Because that is just... not true at all.

Stack

:confused: How many times have you seen him play? Because that is just... not true at all.
I have seen him play enough times to know it is true. His ball control at pace simply falls apart. He beats players with pace but nothing else. Its extreme pace and it will cause people trouble the first times they deal with him. After that he will be found out.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I have seen him play enough times to know it is true. His ball control at pace simply falls apart. He beats players with pace but nothing else. Its extreme pace and it will cause people trouble the first times they deal with him. After that he will be found out.
He's not exactly Hazard but he's got more than enough tricks in his bag to go past defenders, not only his pace. I'd say his technical ability and first touch are rather good actually. His acceleration from from stand-stil is also very good. It's not because he just blasts past players because of his pace that he hasn't got any control over the ball. Of course it can improve, but to say he doesn't have it at all is a bit too far for me. If anything, it's only his finishing that needs to improve drastically. He's not your typical centre forward though, he needs freedom but that shouldn't be a problem at Liverpool.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Has clear world class potential and would be a great addition to pool.
Clear world class potential?

World class is so overused these days, it's ridiculous. The lad is young and with young players you never know how things will end up. But I know for sure it is not "clear" he has world class potential. He has shown he has potential to become a good player, one who might eventually become world class or flop.

Clear world class potential says to me that if things go right he will become a world class player. I have seen nothing from him thus far to suggest that even if he gets his luck and things work out for him that he will become world class.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Is that a guess based on other fast strikers? Original has excellent technical ability and can run with the ball fine.

Robbie Boy

I honestly haven't seen all that much of him but to me, he looks incredibly raw and not too exciting at all. Could really go either way for him but I'm veering along the lines of him being a flop.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Ohh controversial. Have we found the new Scholesy? Now let's see if it's a Modric or Delfouneso type of prediction.

Seriously now, i was pretty unimpressed when Lille played Porto. Then again it wasn't just him but all Lille team.
He's much worse than Scholesy. Scholesy had odd opinions and stuck to his guns but this guy is on a whole 'nother level. He thinks of himself as a football visionary and a scholar. Scholesy was just the former.

Stack

Is that a guess based on other fast strikers? Original has excellent technical ability and can run with the ball fine.
There is more to controlling a ball at pace than just dribbling fast. His control at mid pace is fine but then most players look technically proficient at mid pace. Its when having to operate under pressure and at pace that players show their abilities.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
He's been Lille's only creative force this season. He's not been shit at all, he's been poor for a couple of months, but up until about the first Wolfsburg game he was playing well. He's been poor for the past two and a half months with a few good matches against PSG and Toulouse.
In 17 games, he has scored 3 times, assisted twice, and averaged less than 2 shots per game over half a season. Doesn't sound like he has been much of a creative force.

Last edited: