Do we have a chance with Hazard?

wythyred

If he is looking to leave this summer then surely we must make an approach.

He is a genuine world class player and would make us a nailed on title challenger overnight.

I know he seems likely to go to Madrid but this has been rumoured for years and hasn't transpired.

If we could offer him a higher wage than Madrid and made Chelsea a good offer either a big fee or cash plus Lukaku or maybe even Martial is there a chance it could happen?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nope. Off to Madrid and tbh while he's a great player I wouldn't want to break the bank for him. We've got great players in the LW position already, we're better off getting the next Hazard in Sancho.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
No, they wouldn't sell and he doesn't want to come. He ruled it out only a few weeks ago in the press when he explicitly named us as a club he doesn't want to join.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Nope. Don't think he will sign for any other PL team.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Even if he wanted to come and Chelsea wanted to sell, he is 28 and relies on pace a lot. Would not be as risky as bringing in Alexis, but it would be close.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Even if he wanted to come and Chelsea wanted to sell, he is 28 and relies on pace a lot. Would not be as risky as bringing in Alexis, but it would be close.
I don't think he relies on pace that much. His dribbling and close control is so ridiculously good that he can easily adapt to slowing down a bit.

PGLFC91

Supports
Liverpool
No way.

If Hazard leaves Chelsea, he leaves to a team guaranteed of winning trophies (Real Madrid, PSG).

Why would he move to United during a rebuilding process in the prime of his career and especially from London to Manchester.

Not sure he is what you need anyway. You have Martial on the left and Pogba behind Rashford. I think the bulk of your budget should be on a centre half and central midfielder.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

He is a genuine world class player and would make us a nailed on title challenger overnight.

I know he seems likely to go to Madrid but this has been rumoured for years and hasn't transpired.

If we could offer him a higher wage than Madrid and made Chelsea a good offer either a big fee or cash plus Lukaku or maybe even Martial is there a chance it could happen?
No that ship has sailed. Plus he is a cnut.

IRELANDUNITED

Ridiculous to even suggest that.

United22

I don't think he relies on pace that much. His dribbling and close control is so ridiculously good that he can easily adapt to slowing down a bit.
He does have good dribbling, but that crazy burst of acceleration he has at the start of some his runs may take a hit in the next few years or so

Kostur

海尔的老板

Just Lukaku? Nah, they can resist it.

However, if we also chip in Jones, Fred, Valencia and Sanchez and add 100 mil quid (so that they can pay their wages) I cannot see them declining it.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Why would you want Hazard, you have Martial in that position. He's 5 years younger with potential.

I would take Martial plus cash for Hazard. Would be good deal, and Martial can play in the middle too.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He is 28.

He will be 29 in the middle of next season.

He is too old to play in the front 3.

It would be short term planning.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He turned us down at a time we were competing for big prizes, given his age he'd snub us again.

Besides I have high hopes for Martial, he can be more productive than him in the future.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
If I have a chance with Jennifer Lopez, we have a chance with Hazard.

Unfortunately, I don't have a chance with Jennifer Lopez.

Hope that helps.

Robertd0803

Wouldn't be first choice by a long shot. Great player when he wants to be but turned us down before signing for Chelsea and very little sense in the transfer fee and massive wages it would require now some 7/8 years later?

No, and i wouldn't want him here either. Lacks drive and doesn't understand the meaning of the word team.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Eden Hazard? Not a chance.

Thorgan Hazard? Sure, if we wanted... Plays RW too

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
This is a joke of a thread. Ffs swap Martial who has just signed a new contract & is 5 years younger? Erm no thanks! :nervous:

Last edited:

Varun

Staff
Real will either come for him in which case he'll be off or he'll just profess his love for Chelsea again and sign the extension. He's literally been begging them to make a bid for years now.

Maxin

I come to your team n I feck things up, I'm Moyes
Real will either come for him in which case he'll be off or he'll just profess his love for Chelsea again and sign the extension. He's literally been begging them to make a bid for years now.
So, close thread now.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
You’d be insane to offload Martial. Even for Hazard.