g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Do we want to lose to City?

Treble

CL is more important to the club than stopping Liverpool.

Decomposing In Paris

Here's what I'm hoping for:
1. We beat City and qualify for the Champions League next season.
2. We get to see Rafa's Newcastle in a Barcelona sandwich, end their title dreams... it'd be so much sweeter to see Liverpool bottle it than City stroll the league.
3. Ajax beat Barca in the Champions League final.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Hope:
We finish 3rd and Liverpool finish 2nd
Ajax beat Liverpool in CL final (after that "we played Seville, they played Ajax" comment from Klopp)

Expect:
We finish 5th and City win title
Barca beat Ajax in CL final

Red For Ever

NO, do not want to lose to City, or anyone else, ever.

I dont care about other teams, or how our results effect them.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This.

They don't understand, they don't remember, they aren't prepared for the sheer level it'll reach.

As Kurt Cobain once sang, 'They know not what it means'.
I think it's more of a geographical thing than anything else. From what I've seen on here, it's the fans who are based outside of England that doesn't seem to grasp the rivalry that exists between our clubs. It's understandable if that is the case.

Any chance we could get a poll @Damien?

Giggs86

Those who say no really don't remember Gerrard's blatant back pass in 2010 and how they threw the game against Chelsea?

I hope if it comes down to this (pending tomorrows results) we would lose to city in the most blatant way possible, with some back pass or own goal, so that liverpool will be damn certain that we did it on purpose.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I think it's more of a geographical thing than anything else. From what I've seen on here, it's the fans who are based outside of England that doesn't seem to grasp the rivalry that exists between our clubs. It's understandable if that is the case.

I can’t speak for everyone but I have witnessed it myself how annoying Liverpool fans are just in the US alone. feck their happiness. Let em shed tears again and again.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Isn't it nice that, after all these years, we're involved in the title race again.

Treble

If that 25% cut thing is true, do you think the players would care that Liverpool might win it? 25% of their wages amount to millions.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Surely losing to City to prevent Liverpool from winning the title takes preference above all else.
But it’s horseshit since we are looking to finish as high as possible. The irony of us laughing at the scouse for ballsing it up when we end up in the poxy ass Europa League that hampers a lot of league campaigns.

Look after ourselves, simple as.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Those who say no really don't remember Gerrard's blatant back pass in 2010 and how they threw the game against Chelsea?
Yep, I still haven't forgotten that either. I unashamedly want a City win on Wednesday, dont care...

All this BS about "we need Champions League" is grating too.

"WE" don't need shit, the Glazers need it. Top 4 or not, we'll still have to invest big money into this team and if a player for whatever reason isn't willing to come because we're not in the Champions League next season, then he's not the player for us. The club needs a long term plan, I've had enough of this quick fix stuff.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Let's hope it doesn't come down to us having to weigh whether or not we are ok with losing to City.

Cal?

CR7 fan

I hope if it comes down to this (pending tomorrows results) we would lose to city in the most blatant way possible, with some back pass or own goal, so that liverpool will be damn certain that we did it on purpose.
Whoever does it should pretend to slip.

Red For Ever

This.

They don't understand, they don't remember, they aren't prepared for the sheer level it'll reach.

As Kurt Cobain once sang, 'They know not what it means'.
Some of us know exactly, probably better than many, but still, do not want United to deliberately lose to City or anyone else. Ever.

I think City are the Best Team with the Best Squad, capable of playing the best football in the UK at the moment, but Derby days can bring an upset,
even the best team can lose on any given day, seen so many examples of that.

I want United to win, always.

Gordon S

Of course i want us to win, i really hope the team feels the same. But "luckely" for us our current form isn't anywhere close to good enough to give City a scare. It will be yet another painful reminder of how far off we are.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
How would I lose to my own team? Come on you blues!

until the end of the season

CaptainAvengers

I think the players will not want to lose, but won't actually mind losing if it stops Liverpool winning the League for the first time in 20+ years, if that makes sense? so that extra 5% effort won't be there subconsciously

Whether that "subconsciously" is enough grounds for the Scousers, media and FA to investigate us for "throwing the game" I guess depends on how badly we lose to City.. if we lose to City by 4 or 5 goals you'd have a reasonable argument that the players down tooled on purpose..

Either way, the pressure on United and it's players will be huge.. every body language analysed etc.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Any United fan who posts 'get in!' or otherwise celebrates City scoring against us in the matchday thread should be permanently banned from the Caf.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Any United fan who posts 'get in!' or otherwise celebrates City scoring against us in the matchday thread should be permanently banned from the Caf.
:nono: Any fans who claim to not care if Liverpool win the league should have "Scouser lover -" attached to their username.

wr8_utd

:'(
We really won't care once we lose to Everton and are as good as our of the race anyway. Hope City win.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Many people cheer on city because of comedic responses like this.

wr8_utd

I'm from India and I absolutely don't want Liverpool to win and I want us to lose to City. Anyway, win or lose against City, don't see us make Top 4

wr8_utd

After what Gerrard did to hand it to Chelsea, I hope Smalling passes it back to Aguero in the 93rd.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Obviously i don’t want us to lose to City, but i think we will anyway as they are miles better than us. Hopefully Liverpool will drop points elsewhere anyway.

reddevil702

Absolutely not, win all of our games and hope for top 4. City or Liverpool it doesn’t really make a difference to me being in the US.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Please give it your all.
Don't want Dippers making excuses if we do win the PL.

paulscholes18

Obviously i don’t want us to lose to City, but i think we will anyway as they are miles better than us. Hopefully Liverpool will drop points elsewhere anyway.
Where? Wolves last game in the only chance
Cardiff & Huddlesfield is 6 points guaranteed & Newcastle will roll over

ErranMorad

They looked shot today. I don't think it's going to be as much of a walkover as you seem to think. We'll play on the counter and have the weapons to hurt them. Bet ya the game is a win for us or a draw.

Inter Yer Nan

Please give it your all.
Don't want Dippers making excuses if we do win the PL.
I’d actually like it if we make it obvious and roll over. feck them.

Remember in the title race 2010 near the end of the season they gave nothing in the Chelsea game and I remember Gerrard giving them a goal and he didn’t even care. Funny how 4 years on that bit him in the ass against the same opposition.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If that 25% cut thing is true, do you think the players would care that Liverpool might win it? 25% of their wages amount to millions.
They haven't looked bothered about losing that 25% for the rest of the season.

A cut in wages will exist. I'm sure it has been mentioned before on the quarterly financial results.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Steve Gerrard basically cost us the league against Chelsea in 2010..one of the most blatant backpasses you'll ever see.

I think we won't win at Everton. Once that happens our top 4 race is run and City can have their way with us.

I've never been a top red and not if there's a price for being one.. I don't want it. Plus I despise Liverpool with every fibre of my being. Plus even being in the UCL next season doesn't mean much if we play like we did this season. We need years to work on ourselves.