g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Do we want to lose to City?

Irwin99

“It [the derby] is not something we can influence, and it does not look like United are in a place to, either,” Klopp told Sky Sports. “What was the [United] score today? 3-0, 4-0, to Everton?”

Lose it on purpose just for this? Trying a few mind games eh Jurgen?

Acole9

Outstanding
Guaranteed we'll treat it like a cup final and the players will come out with the usual annoying rubbish of raising their game against the big teams.

bonothom

“It [the derby] is not something we can influence, and it does not look like United are in a place to, either,” Klopp told Sky Sports. “What was the [United] score today? 3-0, 4-0, to Everton?”

Gurning idiot. Can't stand the bloke. How come all Liverpool managers have this effect on me.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
The begrudgery on here is appalling!! Is this how far you have fallen? Of course, we have similar yobs but ‘fans’ willing your own team to lose in order to reduce the possibility of a rival winning something confounds the principle of being a football supporter. Those of you who hate Liverpool more than you love United really need to ask yourselves where your love of football has gone. Liverpool did the honorable thing for United back in ‘95 and beat Blackburn to give United the opportunity to win a league title. Serious questions need to be asked of the integrity of your Club if a half-arsed performance is put in but I think that will not be the case. This is more a question of you - the supporters! Furthermore, how short in memory so many of you are, in your disgust of Salah diving, accusing Liverpool of being lucky etc - have you forgotten Ashley Young’s theatrics, have you forgotten why injury time was dubbed ‘Fergie time’, all your offside goals, have you forgotten Howard Webb?

I dont like United as you are our main rival, but i do respect the Club and what it has achieved, its traditions etc., City dont have that and what they do have has been acquired in recent years. Its refreshing to see someone challenge them despite their wealth - football needs that.

City are a great side, probably the best ever to win a league and they may well win it again regardless of Wednesday’s result but show some pride in yourselves, in your own Club and support it for heavens sake.
Nice bit of revisionism there.I have different memories of 95 you may be surprised to find! Plenty of Pool fans wanted their team to let Blackburn win that day and indeed Liverpool played for most of the game as if they were quite happy to let Blackburn win.There was zero intensity and zero tackling as both sides went through the motions.Despite yourselves and due to Blackburn’s utter wretchedness you won in injury time.Just moments after your winner the full time whistle went and our heroic but vain attempt at Upton Park came to an end.
Perhaps if word filtered through to United earlier that you were beating Blackburn it may have given us the boost we needed?
We’ll never know will we? But to suggest you put an honorable effort in to do right by the league is just wrong.
I remember Pool fans with Blackburn scarves that day.
What about Stevie G’s wonderful through ball to Drogba at Anfield several years back? Did Pool do what honor required that day?
Don’t think so.

Inter Yer Nan

Guaranteed we'll treat it like a cup final and the players will come out with the usual annoying rubbish of raising their game against the big teams.
I'd be annoyed on so many levels if we raise our games and get something off them. You don't get stuffed by 4-0 to Everton then beat City unless you just don't care half the time.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Hell yeah. Losing to City and Liverpool crashing out of the CL are the only two things I am looking forward to this season.

Ixion

I expect us to come flying out of the gates like headless chickens and get picked apart. I never want us to lose but feck sake Liverpool's run-in looks easy enough unless Benitez pulls a rabbit out of the hat against his old club.

SATA

I'll admit it. I will definitely smile and pump my fist a little when City score. I do not care if we score or not. Maybe i hope we'll get a consolation when City are three up with a minute to go. No way those scouse twats of a vermin should be near a title, not in my lifetime

United Hobbit

Liverpool fans have enjoyed laughing at us for the "aguerooooo" moment.

They are behind City by 1 point if City beat us.

Both win their remaining games, heading into the last day of the season, Liverpool are winning vs Wolves while City trail to the mighty Brighton. Liverpool finish by winning, everyone turns to the city game which is in injury time. Sterling scores a penalty, cue the last minute.... "agueroooooo"

I think our players will turn up for this especially if Ole has booted them into the middle of next week following the Everton rubbish they served up and we will win.

I think what's adding to the fear of Liverpool winning alongside the heavily gushing commentary over them is the potential of them being 1 league behind us AND "6 times" plus the thought of Klopp's gurning face as he lifts the trophy. If that happens a blown up image of it needs to be pinned to the United dressing room next season.

I think what makes it worse is the fact the only way we can influence the title race is by beating one of the challengers, our part should be challenging for the title with them not having never been competing for it this season, I think I could accept either winning over us slightly more if we had had a say in it, instead we are being asked by Liverpool fans to do them a favour like we are a nothing part. I think that is the worst part that we haven't even come close to challenging either of them this season. Yes we don't have a given right to titles but think how often we used to be maintaining our own challenge at this point of the season rather than helping a rival with each feasible scoreline. Yet do the players care? Do the owners or Ed and co care?

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
“It [the derby] is not something we can influence, and it does not look like United are in a place to, either,” Klopp told Sky Sports. “What was the [United] score today? 3-0, 4-0, to Everton?

Clearly trying to goad us to up our game. We should respond in style - by keeping City in the lead.

Cpt Negative

Whilst we have a chance of getting top 4 the players and fans should want us to win. If it means Liverpool win the league so be it, take our medicine and move on.

We’re not small time enough for another clubs failure to be more important than our own success.

Back the lads, bit of a joke if people actually want us to lose given we’re two points off top 4 and playing 2 of the bottom 3 in remaining games

hobbers

All of me wants us to lose but part of me wants to put the usual suspects right back into the firing line and then lose really badly again. Think this will genuinely be the first United game ever that I not only want us to lose but lose badly. Although I guess towards Feb/March during Moyes reign I was hoping for similar to get rid of him faster.

Realistically there is almost no chance of us beating City, and even if we did there is almost no chance of us taking 9 points from the last 3 games. Not with this squad and in this mindset. Not a fecking chance. I wouldn't even fancy us to take 3 wins from 3 if it was Cardiff, Huddersfield and Fulham all at OT.

Also the way Sky have been trying to dodge and fudge this issue all last weekend was hilarious. Trying to self delude themselves that we'll be up for this game and that the fans will be desperate for us to beat City.

MAME DIOUF 32

I don't want us to lose. I just genuinely think it would be a good time to try Valencia, Bailly, Rojo and Young as a back four, with Lingard as a regista in front of them.

Josh 76

What a fecking wanker Klopp is. I just can't stand how the media lick his ass.
He will be watching the game no doubt.
I've said it many times.
Hope City beat us good and proper.

nycender

I want MUFC to win every game it plays in. Feck every other club

Josh 76

I'll admit it. I will definitely smile and pump my fist a little when City score. I do not care if we score or not. Maybe i hope we'll get a consolation when City are three up with a minute to go. No way those scouse twats of a vermin should be near a title, not in my lifetime
This x 10

BlueHaze

I swear if we go on to draw and hand Liverpool the title while we miss out on 4th I'll throw my united jersey in the trash can. They should take a good look at what Liverpool did against Chelsea when they were in our exact same situation. It will be absolutely disastrous if we end up gifting them the title and we will literally never hear the end of it. Their fans would probably even start to sing mocking thank you chants towards us for the rest of eternity.

Strachans Cigar

I’d rather lose than win. Given the form book that is what should happen anyway but here we are talking as though we have the luxury of choice, ha.

However, if the players seriously up their game for this one and somehow win, I’ll probably dislike this team even more than I already do.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d take a 1-0 loss right now, but I feel weird admitting it. Even if we beat City, we’d only lose to Cardiff or something. As long as city get 3 points but it doesn’t get embarrassing, I’ll take it.

United Hobbit

What a fecking wanker Klopp is. I just can't stand how the media lick his ass.
He will be watching the game no doubt.
I've said it many times.
Hope City beat us good and proper.
If we lose and Liverpool lose the league you can just imagine him coming out with some sort of "if Manchester United had only gone and beaten City we would be champions now" just as our players had the audacity to get injured and disrupt him during our game against them at OT. The thought of his gurning face as he lifts potentially the CL and PL trophies..... like I said it should be pinned to our dressing room next season.

Robbie Boy

Really want us to lose. Not even a close game, let them score a few early ones so the scouse twats tuning it can tune out early and not have a blind bit of hope.

Harold_Giles

Need us to lose this one, I'm afraid. After the loss against Everton I have no believe that our current team could do what is required to get top4, even if we'd somehow stumble on to a draw or a win against City.

Liverpool winning the title would require me to cut ties with some friends and family members who would no doubt be insufferable for a few years.

Smores

Whilst we have a chance of getting top 4 the players and fans should want us to win. If it means Liverpool win the league so be it, take our medicine and move on.

We’re not small time enough for another clubs failure to be more important than our own success.

Back the lads, bit of a joke if people actually want us to lose given we’re two points off top 4 and playing 2 of the bottom 3 in remaining games
We're not Arsenal you overvalue top 4. We're not doing anything in the CL next season, feck it off and concentrate on the league.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Really want us to lose. Not even a close game, let them score a few early ones so the scouse twats tuning it can tune out early and not have a blind bit of hope.
I genuinely hope we play the under 7’s and give them boots without studs so they’re slipping all over the place. In fact, let’s turn the pitch into an ice rink while we’re at it. Yeah, you like that you starfishing prick?

Robbie Boy

I genuinely hope we play the under 7’s and give them boots without studs so they’re slipping all over the place. In fact, let’s turn the pitch into an ice rink while we’re at it. Yeah, you like that you starfishing prick?
We should just bang in a load of early og’s to settle any nerves in the stadium.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I’ve got no problem admitting I want us to lose the game. There’s a slight problem having had one of our worst ever performances just prior to the match though. This time, they’ll actually have to try.

Nero

I hope we are losing and both sets of fans join in unison for a stadium wide rendition of "Are you watching Merseyside?".

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
So United fans will be cheering on City, while Liverpool fans will be backing United. This is gonna be akward all around.

SirFergie

I have a problem with wanting us to lose.

It's a derby. We have a bad enough recent record against them as it is. I'm fecking sick of losing to them, especially at home.

If they want to win the title, make them work for it.

reddevil80

Definitely not!, the winners will be the winners, not us. I will never want to lose just to stop scousers running their gobs. If they win it, they win it but they won't be classed as premier league legends other than it would be their 1st Prem title. We have so many more, they will take decades to reach our prem titles so I couldn't give a pooh. I hate the fans and work with loads of them but I would rather any player who wants to be at ot next year, turns up on wednesday and spanks citeh. We have just gone back to the 80's, that's all. Ole may be our next SAF, only time will tell.

Don't want to end this season as a laughing stock, getting thumped by all and sundry. We need to show some balls and say " if you want to win the league, you have to beat us ". Just my opinion.