g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Do we want to lose to City?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I hope we get trounced by every team until the end of the season, season ticket sales to plummet, sponsorship money to dwindle so the parasites bugger off (Woodward, Glazer's and the sorry excuses for players).

This company is sadly rotten, we need to cut it out quickly.

WensleyMU

Absolutely I do (want to beat City). I want those players to go out there and smash City to pieces. Do I care at this point if "that mob" wins the title or not? Not really, the Scouse will laugh at us irrespective of the outcome of the season if we fail to get top 4. They are miles and miles ahead of us right now in terms of attitude and approach and frankly, if them becoming champions is what it needs for something to click, whether at board level or in the dressing room, then so fecking be it!

Failure and embarrassment hasn't worked, so perhaps, being known as the United side that allowed them back on their perch will.

Now I expect City to batter us, I have zero faith right now in these players right now and I worry we could make the 6-1 look like a stroll in the park. But if there's even a faint chance of scrapping a top 4 place this season, allowing us a platform to strip bare the deadwood and rebuild then I want it. Again though, right now at least, it's little more than wishful thinking (getting top 4).

To reference another sporting failure this weekend, we can suck it up and accept that right now, others including our most hated rivals are better, or take it on the bollocks and run and hide.

Last edited:

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool
The begrudgery on here is appalling!! Is this how far you have fallen? Of course, we have similar yobs but ‘fans’ willing your own team to lose in order to reduce the possibility of a rival winning something confounds the principle of being a football supporter. Those of you who hate Liverpool more than you love United really need to ask yourselves where your love of football has gone. Liverpool did the honorable thing for United back in ‘95 and beat Blackburn to give United the opportunity to win a league title. Serious questions need to be asked of the integrity of your Club if a half-arsed performance is put in but I think that will not be the case. This is more a question of you - the supporters! Furthermore, how short in memory so many of you are, in your disgust of Salah diving, accusing Liverpool of being lucky etc - have you forgotten Ashley Young’s theatrics, have you forgotten why injury time was dubbed ‘Fergie time’, all your offside goals, have you forgotten Howard Webb?

I dont like United as you are our main rival, but i do respect the Club and what it has achieved, its traditions etc., City dont have that and what they do have has been acquired in recent years. Its refreshing to see someone challenge them despite their wealth - football needs that.

City are a great side, probably the best ever to win a league and they may well win it again regardless of Wednesday’s result but show some pride in yourselves, in your own Club and support it for heavens sake.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Want a reaction, but ultimately City can have the win.

Hoping OGS shakes the side up too.
Aye. Anyone he plans on offloading in the summer shouldn't play for us again.

rpitchfo

Of course I want us to win. Top 4 is still possible if we win all our remaining games. That’s too important an asset when we are looking to invest in the squad.

They fact we don’t stand a chance is neither here or there.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yes.

Some want us to lose at home to CITY!?

What a shower of shit fan base.

Carl

Wait. Everyone does know we're gonna take points on Wednesday don't they? Perfect way to cap an awful season will be the players finally putting in a performance just when we don't want them too.

Pogba's final parting gift to us will be handing the title to Liverpool before he saunters off to the Sun in Madrid.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I can't say I honestly give a feck anymore.

Which is sad really.

There is nothing about this club that gives me any pleasure at the moment...apart from the good lads and lasses company I keep.

This group of players, the club structure and the ownership is rancid to the core.

Bugs Bunny

Supports
Manchester City
I never, ever thought I'd say this but if City were playing United and beating you meant that Liverpool won the league, I honestly think I'd rather we lost.

I'm beginning to understand the hatred Utd fans have for that club.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yes.

Some want us to lose at home to CITY!?

What a shower of shit fan base.
Nobody wants us to lose but everyone knows what's inevitable. One can only lessen that pain by disregarding any kind of expectations.

Infra-red

I do enjoy the underlying assumption of this thread - that we actually have some kind of choice in this matter.

Whether we want to win, lose or draw this game, the truth is that City are going to absolutely batter us.

OldSchoolManc

What a bunch of thick, lazy, mercenaries we have.
The stupidity of the fact is, that if they had put the effort in vs Everton, who lost 2-0 to Fulham last week, we could already be in the top 4.
They could then have strolled around against City. Absolute idiots.

Carl

Nobody wants us to lose but everyone knows what's inevitable. One can only lessen that pain by disregarding any kind of expectations.
Not true..I want us to lose on Wednesday. I also want about 70% of this squad to feck off immediately after it too.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I support United not 'stopping Liverpool winning'

feck them and City.

ericking

The timing of this game means there is still hope for all three teams afterwards regardless of the result.

A more consequential scenario will focus the allegiances of those of you on the fence. So let's pretend for the moment the scenario is this:

Man Utd vs Man City is the last game of the season. If Utd win they DEFINITELY finish 4th. LFC still need to beat Wolves to win the PL, even if City lose.

How would you feel then?

For me, it's all ok hoping for a loss if the season is finished. What's one more loss on top of so many? But if CL qualification is at stake- then no way! I don't care what LFC do in that scenario. CL is vital, more so for player recruitment.

georgieworst

I can't say I honestly give a feck anymore.

Which is sad really.

There is nothing about this club that gives me any pleasure at the moment...apart from the good lads and lasses company I keep.

This group of players, the club structure and the ownership is rancid to the core.
We should always care, that said though this bunch of no hopers make it hard to do so. I along with quite a few of us want this awful season to come to an end...we're not ready for a Champions league campaign..why do we want to qualify for a competition that we have no hope of winning...are we the new Arsenal??

Jam

Do I want to lose to City?

No. Empathetically not, especially not with the Top 4 race and our forms. I want a shake up in the side, I want a reaction, I want to get one over City, I want the three points. But. If we lose I won't take it as hard as I usually would. There are benefits to losing, it just means it'll soften the blow but it isn't my first choice.

United is always the priority, we come first and worry about others later.

United win >>>> City win >> draw. That's my outlook.

Ban

The begrudgery on here is appalling!! Is this how far you have fallen? Of course, we have similar yobs but ‘fans’ willing your own team to lose in order to reduce the possibility of a rival winning something confounds the principle of being a football supporter. Those of you who hate Liverpool more than you love United really need to ask yourselves where your love of football has gone. Liverpool did the honorable thing for United back in ‘95 and beat Blackburn to give United the opportunity to win a league title. Serious questions need to be asked of the integrity of your Club if a half-arsed performance is put in but I think that will not be the case. This is more a question of you - the supporters! Furthermore, how short in memory so many of you are, in your disgust of Salah diving, accusing Liverpool of being lucky etc - have you forgotten Ashley Young’s theatrics, have you forgotten why injury time was dubbed ‘Fergie time’, all your offside goals, have you forgotten Howard Webb?

I dont like United as you are our main rival, but i do respect the Club and what it has achieved, its traditions etc., City dont have that and what they do have has been acquired in recent years. Its refreshing to see someone challenge them despite their wealth - football needs that.

City are a great side, probably the best ever to win a league and they may well win it again regardless of Wednesday’s result but show some pride in yourselves, in your own Club and support it for heavens sake.
You were going good until Howard Webb part.

crossy1686

career ending
In a word. Yes.

Reasons:

- Will highlight how far behind we are and MIGHT prompt the board to focus all available funds on a squad rebuild.
- Stops Liverpool from winning the league.
- Will see which players care about the club and are angry about the 4-0 battering at Everton.

I never want us to lose, ever, no matter what but I'm honestly not going to be upset about this one. As long as we don't get hammered or completely out played. If we do, those cnuts should be booed off.

minoo-utd

Thread title embarrassing. How you want your local rival to win to stop Liverpool from winning the fecking league while we stays at sixth and surely miss on top 4 then!
How some called fans want City to win the league just because they can't handle these Liverpool fans on social fecking media or at work or so?
Hating Liverpool can not be bigger than loving and wishing the best for our own club who is in a mess big mess right now and desperate for a big win like this one after so many defeats and loads of conceded goals ffs.

corno_mufc

Never get all fans in agreement.

But for me, a loss Weds is for the greater good, particularly as 4th isn't a trophy.

And I actually think (long term) finishing out the CL will do us good.

OGS needs at least 3 years to build the side his way, and to clear the deadwood. CL next year wouldn't be paramount to this.

Negan

All this “United belong in Top 4” talk is doing my nut in.

United do not belong in Top 4. They belong First. That’s where we’ve always been. Right now, we’re not getting that any time soon. We don’t have the quality in the squad and our standards have obviously dropped because we’ve gave that “quality” shiny new contracts that keeps them here till 2022.

I’m talking about Smalling, Jones and Shaw Incase you haven’t figured it out. Can’t forget our captain and first name on the team sheet Ashley Young either :) :) :)

It’s depressing to see what we’ve become. But it’s time for everyone to cop on. Fans included. 4th isn’t good enough for us. It never was. The bigger picture is to feck the game against City, miss Champions League, most importantly DON’T AWARD THE TITLE TO THE SCOUSERS*** and build from there. It might take a few years but it’s obviously what’s required.

We’re not winning the CL anytime soon anyway. We got absolutely spanked by Barcelona. It was embarrassing to see the difference in quality on that pitch. What happens if we get Top 4? We get to see it all again? No fecking thank you. Missing the CL is the only wake up call this board will ever get. Without it, we signed big players like Pogba, Zlatan, Di Maria and Falcao. Sure they all didn’t work out but it was a hell of a lot more ambitious than signing Lee Grant, Fred and Dalot wasn’t it?

If we finished 7th and missed Europa League, I wouldn’t even be bothered. We’re too big of a club for that too.

Play the kids in the remaining 4 games and wherever we finish, we finish. It’s over.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I support United not 'stopping Liverpool winning'

feck them and City.
There's supporting United and there's supporting these players who don't give a damn for the badge. I can't root for these feckers. Not anymore. I had defended them so many times but i have had enough. If a defeat helps the club move forward then i am all for it. Better to rebuild than papering over the cracks.

MoskvaRed

I don’t particularly care anymore if Liverpool win the league. We need to focus on our own problems, and, in any case, it’s embarrassing to be relying on your city rivals to stop them. Whatever happens, we have had a good run with them running up a 29 year drought.

Cal?

CR7 fan

Did you give this lecture to Gerrard when he made that through ball to Drogba in 2010?

bonothom

I'm really not bothered about top 4. What's the point of being in the Champions league when this team has no chance of winning it. As long as the glazers are in charge United will never win the 2 major titles. Perhaps a prolonged absence will serve as a wake up call, loss of revenue from the cash cow might persuade the glazers to sell. So for me anything that stops the scousers winning the title is fine by me. City always win at United these days anyway. Not beaten City at Old Trafford in the League since Fergie quit, I think.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Thread title embarrassing. How you want your local rival to win to stop Liverpool from winning the fecking league while we stays at sixth and surely miss on top 4 then!
How some called fans want City to win the league just because they can't handle these Liverpool fans on social fecking media or at work or so?
Hating Liverpool can not be bigger than loving and wishing the best for our own club who is in a mess big mess right now and desperate for a big win like this one after so many defeats and loads of conceded goals ffs.
False equivalence right here, hating Liverpool is not bigger than living United in this case because we are not competing for the same thing. No one is suggesting United lose to City to stop Liverpool winning the league if United are still in the title race.

Some of us do NOT see 4th as a trophy and prefer to look at the big picture of not allowing Liverpool to close in on our record number of titles. That is by definition loving United!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't matter what we want... We are gonna get tun over. It is what it is...

bonothom

Sorry got it wrong, United won under Van Gaal. But its 1 win in last 7 in Premier league at old Trafford.

SirAF

Ageist
False equivalence right here, hating Liverpool is not bigger than living United in this case because we are not competing for the same thing. No one is suggesting United lose to City to stop Liverpool winning the league if United are still in the title race.

Some of us do NOT see 4th as a trophy and prefer to look at the big picture of not allowing Liverpool to close in on our record number of titles. That is by definition loving United!
Bingo.

Chipper

Adulterer.

Agreed, it's faulty logic to conclude that wanting United to lose means you hate Liverpool more than you love United. Lots of people using it too. United losing is a minor thing, Liverpool winning/not winning the league is a big thing for both them and us.

I'd rather someone I don't like at work to get the boot than find a fiver. Doesn't mean I hate them more than I like money. 5 quid is a minor thing, just like United winning this match and then maybe having a chance at top 4 is. Finding 100 grand, that would be different, the person at work can keep their job and I'll take the money.

Edit: Now of course that's an extreme example, but it's to illustrate the point that foregoing or sacrificing a smaller positive and temporarily at that because it's just 1 match/1 season to (hopefully) avoid a bigger negative is a thing and doesn't say which you love or hate more overall.

Last edited: