Do we want to lose to City?

devil in me

i cant see how we can lay a glove on City. Mind you, it was exactly the same last season in fairness... Derbies throw up the unexpexted sometimes.

settembrini

My team for the game:

Grant
Young
Rojo
Darmian
Valencia
Matic
Herrera
Mata
Sanchez
Lingard
Lukaku

automaticflare

I would leave the weasels out there on the pitch embarrassing them until the end of the season

Leave them on display for the world to see

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've seen us play 7 times at Old Trafford and once at the Emirates this season.
I didn't see us against Liverpool or Arsenal (at home), and obviously we have City and Chelsea up next...

I've seen us score 3 goals in those 8.
2 v Leicester first day. And a 90th min goal v some minnows in the champs league!

It's unlikely we'll be booting loads in on Wed!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Im of the opinion that we either lose respectably or go guns blazing and make a shock win. If City fail to win the league then I think a Baldy meltdown is very likely, that would be a silver lining to a Liverpool title win.
Except if he has a meltdown and quits, that could leave Liverpool with a free run to win next year and equal our 20.
Just as an even sillier worst case.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Except if he has a meltdown and quits, that could leave Liverpool with a free run to win next year and equal our 20.
Just as an even sillier worst case.
Real Madrid will buy Mane and Juventus will buy Salah. That'll derail them :devil:

el3mel

They'll slaughter us whatever we want to lose to them or not. Hopefully it won't exceed 3-0. Don't want another scandal after today.

Andy_Cole

My two best mates are Liverpool fans. They’re loving it today. feck it, lose to city. We’re not getting top four anyway. Do not want Liverpool winning the league.

RedNed77

I actually just don’t care anymore. Who really gives a feck if Liverpool won the league? So what, they’re one league closer to us. The way we’re being run it’s inevitable that somebody will catch our tally anyway. So what’s the fecking point in sweating this?

Maverick red

Play well, show some fight, lose narrowly, its shite being reduced to these choices but here we are.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I actually just don’t care anymore. Who really gives a feck if Liverpool won the league? So what, they’re one league closer to us. The way we’re being run it’s inevitable that somebody will catch our tally anyway. So what’s the fecking point in sweating this?
Everybody dies eventually so may as wel die young?

hobbers

It would be just like this sickly squad of ours to fluke a point or win against City then go and get hammered 5-0 by Chelsea a few days later.

Words would not be able to describe my fury were that to happen :lol:

SirAF

Ageist
It would be just like this sickly squad of ours to fluke a point or win against City then go and get hammered 5-0 by Chelsea a few days later.

Words would not be able to describe my fury were that to happen :lol:
Ah yes, feck me :lol:

BigRon1985

Don’t worry lads we will beat City - we always perform with our backs to the wall. Shame we can’t be arsed against the likes of Everton. We are a bunch of spineless, over paid prima donnas who only perform when we feel like it. How do you motivate a team of multi-millionaires? :confused:

I remember Gerrard passing the ball straight to Drogba to cost us a title. I would never want us to lose against City but i will not be in the slightest bit annoyed if one of our ours gifts Aguero a chance on a plate.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I want us to lose. People acting like finishing 5th or 6th will ruin the club. It may actually do us some good as cracks can't be papered over.

I hope we lose the Derby. Don't want the vermin winning the league. I want it to reach 30 years.

NJM78

I remember Gerrard passing the ball straight to Drogba to cost us a title. I would never want us to lose against City but i will not be in the slightest bit annoyed if one of our ours gifts Aguero a chance on a plate.
Jones got you covered.

Irwin99

We have put ourselves in a truly horrible position of needing a performance and a win against City which could potentially all but hand the league over to Liverpool. Arsenal dropping points means the Everton loss wasn't fatal either.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
If we win then it'd be ultimate payback for 'Agueroooooo'. To cost this amazing team the league title in one of the final games in the season, a few weeks after they got knocked out of the Champions League by Spurs in the funniest way possible, would really make up for that season and then some.

If we lose then Liverpool don't win the league AGAIN after all the fuss and commotion, it's too late into the game for them to deny that they thought they'd win it. They'd have egg all over their stupid crying criminal faces and be back to square one again.

It's a win-win situation.

extincti fugax hominum

Do what the Stevie Me did in 2010 title race and give our noisy neighbours a gift. I nominate Pogba -because he’s the poster boy- to give the ball away when Agüero is around our goal one on one with De Gea. Feck Liverpool and their diving bastards.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a rebound game on Wednesday with United playing a blinder.

youmeletsfly

Of course we want to lose.

Missing top4 and the scousers getting the EPL and, possibly, the UCL would be unbearable.
Our players better not turn up against City.

redshaw

De Gea will wave a couple in, don't worry. Matic will stand back and let Sterling curl one in the top corner and Martial will blast wide in front of goal.

extincti fugax hominum

Haha didn’t read the thread and replied. Looks like I’m not the only annoyed person with Stevie’s gift in 2010.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Mathematically we are only 3 points off top 3, and there are still 12 points to play. I know we are shite right now, but I am just saying, we still have something to fight for and we are at crucial stage now.

Josh 76

Looking it from a Man City point of view, they will be thinking this is the best time to play Utd.
I can see Utd raising their game for the first 20-25 mins, but quality will prevail.
How many changes can Ole actually make from today that will improve the team. Shaw is the only one that is obvious. Mctomminy will come in. Apart from that, it's quite depressing. On the other hand, Pep, will bring In David Silva, Sane and Ferndinio to freshen things up.
Which ever way you look at it, just can't see City dropping anything from this game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They'll slaughter us whatever we want to lose to them or not. Hopefully it won't exceed 3-0. Don't want another scandal after today.
Concede early to settle everyone's nerves down, then put in a display of heart, but never quite risking ruining the league title outcome

Then smash Chelsea.

Giggs86

Got a feeling we will get something from this game. City will heavily underestimate us (and rightfully so) after our heroics in our last couple of games, and being a derby and all I can see us pulling an upset. Add on top of that Liverpool's crazy luck this season, we are nailed on to put City's title bid to bed.

United Hobbit

I never want us to lose but I can just see us beating them Wednesday for the pure consequences of what will come of us winning. Also our players will consider it worthy of turning up for.

Efcinpeace

Supports
Everton
Evertonian and Scouser here in peace.

If any of you have any influence with your players, please ensure they understand that Man City have to win the league. It surely must be the lesser of two evils for you guys.

The red sh*te fans are unbearable at the best of times and have no class. Take a loss for the bigger picture

Treble

I never want us to lose but I can just see us beating them Wednesday for the pure consequences of what will come of us winning.
A draw would be enough for Liverpool. Probably. And it is not a unlikely result.

Mike Smalling

We have scored one goal from open play in our last five games and failed to keep a clean sheet in eleven straight games. Derbies are different and all that, but I don't see us having much of a chance against this City side.