Do we want to lose to City?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Always remember OGS comments about when Liverpool beat Cardiff, " Couldn't care less about Liverpool "

Gives me a small glimpse of hope... that being said, if the shoe was on the other foot I'd gladly roll over for City.
And no sane fans would blame you.

Just like when your legend did that pass, I got angry at him, but didn't blame him or his fans being happy about it.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
You have literally just made that up.

Also, does any rationale person actually believe Gerrard intentionally passed the ball to Drogba.
He didn't. There's articles and even pictures of it.

And yes, because he's a massive cnut!

SirAF

Ageist
Always remember OGS comments about when Liverpool beat Cardiff, " Couldn't care less about Liverpool "

Gives me a small glimpse of hope... that being said, if the shoe was on the other foot I'd gladly roll over for City.
If anything that just shows you his disdain for liverpool.

nameischarles

I was talking to my mate who is also a beloved United fan. He feels the same way as me, we both rather have City win it than Liverpool winning the title. Even if City wins it, no one will remember they won it by the off-season. Maybe for the people who live in Manchester might.

But if Liverpool wins it, there will be countless videos, homages, documentaries and fans across the globe (more supporters than City fans) being big headed all throughout the break.

Most of our other friends are all Liverpool fans, Australia seems to have a big base of Liverpool fans, I can just imagine them being annoying as hell all off season on social media.

DAV771

Supports
Newport County

What about 1995? We beat Blackburn for United.

Also, does any rationale person actually believe Gerrard intentionally passed the ball to Drogba.
Nope. If I could embed pictures I would but I'm sure someone will reply with the picture of said banner which you've just claimed was made up without actually checking first.

Siorac

He didn't. There's articles and even pictures of it.

And yes, because he's a massive cnut!
To be fair to Gerrard (ugh), he made the same backpass to Henry TWICE - once in an Arsenal v Liverpool, once in a France v England game. I don't think he meant to throw either game, he was simply a twat with little composure.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
To be fair to Gerrard (ugh), he made the same backpass to Henry TWICE - once in an Arsenal v Liverpool, once in a France v England game. I don't think he meant to throw either game, he was simply a twat with little composure.
Also did it to Suarez in the 2014 World Cup :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
But if Liverpool wins it, there will be countless videos, homages, documentaries and fans across the globe (more supporters than City fans) being big headed all throughout the break.
I'm anticipating a Bayeux Tapestry of Biblical bullshit.

OohAahMartial

We need to put in a brave and noble effort that was just outclassed by City, with Liverpool psychologically damaged by not winning the league enabling us to finish 2nd next season.

Mike Buckley

Supports
Blackburn
Ok I'm not a Utd fan but I've been watching with interest.

I literally cannot believe what I am reading, that some fans want to throw such an important match, which could cost you a top 4 place. Anyway.....I just wanted to give my assessment of things;
1. You have to realise, that your players on the pitch are no up to top 4 standard.....certainly not alongside City and Liverpool. No matter how much you rant at them at old trafford, or shout at your TV, those players are never, ever going to be able to play to that level.

Yes I understand the frustration that the team as a whole isn't able to perform as well as you would like, but no amount of complaining or ranting is going to change that. It's like me shouting at my 10 year old kid as to why he isnt scoring 40 goals per season!

2. The manager. I literally cannot believe there are threads on here asking for him to be sacked, or sacked at the EOS. You've brought someone in who is clearly under qualified...everyone can see that, but for gods sake you have to give the man a couple of transfer windows. The issue is that he has zero experience of the value transfers you need to make (in our out) so you need a director who can work alongside him on that.

3. Blame. When you signed Pogba nobody was complaining. When you signed Lakaku, Sanchez and Jose nobody was complaining. Now all of a sudden they were bad decisions and the Chief Exec should go? A lot of fans are looking with hindsight and expecting the board to have a time capsules.

4. Expectation. You've had it bloody good for a long time. Under SAF you've sometimes won leagues you shouldn't have. For example in his last season. You have to realise what is realistic and what isnt.

5. Ins & Out. You need at least 5 in. If you sell Pogba you need 6 in. If Sanchez goes as well thats 7. You need to get behind your best players. They have totally screwed you over, but your stuck with them, and you cant replace them with better players. Build a squad around them and they will start performing. To be fair you don't have a lot of choice.

6. The future, forget the past. Theres fans in their 30s and 40s who might not see Utd win another title. Thats the cycle of Football. Right now you are being run as a business, unless you get some Arab who comes in and runs you as a pastime, your unlikely to get the investment in players you need to be top 2.

Like I said Im not a Utd fan so couldnt give 2 hoots either way, but thats my 2 pence worth from the outside.

Reactions: Ødegaard

Slamar85

Team will try to beat city but will fall short. Draw at best, most likely a loss. What matters is that they give it their all. Fighting for the top 4 is the priority. Imagine players and coaches seeing pathetic fans post like some are on this forum hoping city wins. Cowardly behavior.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I guess I'm one of the very few that want us to win the game and actually try to get into top 4? Feck everyone else and my god, some people sound like they'll top themselves if liverpool win the title. Get a grip, you're grown ass men.

Oyibo

It wasnt just that pass. I recall the game vividly : they were simply not interested in moving forward, and simply passed it around the back with no sense of urgency.

Bit like watching United under LVG !

Not saying Liverpool "threw the game" against Chelsea in 2010, but they certainly lay down from the kick off....

Oyibo

I guess I'm one of the very few that want us to win the game and actually try to get into top 4? Feck everyone else and my god, some people sound like they'll top themselves if liverpool win the title. Get a grip, you're grown ass men.
I was in a pub in Liverpool the Sunday night after we lost the League to Leeds in 1992 (season before the Premier League began).

Whole pub was singing "we are Leeds". I tend not to forget these things.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
It is my strong belief that if Fergie was managing us in this situation he would happily lose the match tonight. Hope he's had a word with Olé :)

Cal?

CR7 fan
For the first time since Moyes I feel like there's no point hoping for us to win or lose in this one. It's a lose-lose situation.

The scenarios :
  • We lose and Liverpool win the league = bad
  • We lose and City win the league = bad
  • We win and it's not enough to get us the top four, City win the league = bad
  • We win and it's not enough to get us the top four, Liverpool win the league = bad
  • We win and We get top four, Liverpool win the league = bad
  • We win and We get top four, City win the league = the best possible outcome yet still bad knowing Woodward is still here
  • We lose and Liverpool win the league = awful
  • We lose and City win the league = decent given the current situation
  • We win and it's not enough to get us the top four, City win the league = unlikely and bad for the heart
  • We win and it's not enough to get us the top four, Liverpool win the league = worst case
  • We win and We get top four, Liverpool win the league = bad
  • We win and We get top four, City win the league = bad for my heart
  • We lose and get too 4 and City win the league = best case
There’s different degrees of bad’ness

Cal?

CR7 fan

What about 1995? We beat Blackburn for United.

Does anyone actually think he didn’t?

In 95, we were miles from your 18

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Genuine question, why do you believe this? Liverpool have W15 D2 at home and scored 48 goals. Granted, Wolves away form is not as bad as some make out but they have nothing to play for and I think they will be overwhelmed. Do you think Liverpool will crumble because of how much it means to them?
If City wins tonight, Pool are fecked.

Oyibo

I'm expecting them to take The Last Supper picture and Photoshop Klopp as Jesus and their first XI + Slippy as the 12 disciples.

IT WILL BE FECKING AWFUL

(And the media will pile on too.... gushing everywhere, possibly literally. Ugh)
Ian Rush, Sammy Lee, Herpes, Dog-Leash, the list would go on and on and on...

There would be a documentary "Season 2018-2019 : How the League was won" :houllier:

Stretch

I'm a United fan. I've always just backed my team. Our fate is in our hands as such. If LFC wins the league, then they've deserved it over 38 games, not because of the Manchester derby result. Meanwhile United need a result (at least a draw) to have any realistic chance of getting UCL footy which we might need if we're to replace the dross we have in our squad, what with Ole not being a big name manager. So I'll be backing my team tonight as I always do. I can't predict what happens after tonight. I should note though that I don't have much confidence that we will be able to get a result but who knows, it's the type of match that could see us perform how we should.

When it's all said and done, my love for United supersedes my hate for for Liverpool.

AngliaRed

OGS is a unique position that in theory he could field fringe players/kids and get beaten and have the excuse “ my best players were a disgrace sunday and didn’t deserve a shot at City at OT, the kids have worked hard and here’s there chance”.

Much better than, we lost to city because we’re shit but we hate the scousers more.

My heart wants united to win tonight abd feck Liverpool, they’re cnts but a better team that us this season so we should worry about top 4 as champions league football is more attractive than europa for new signings.

My head says, Liverpool winning the league thanks to us stopping city tonight is by far worse than anything we have witnessed from the scouers in our lifetime! It will be banners, documentaries, gerrard on the pitch, souness on TV. Open top busses, I just cant.....

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It's not a question of if we want to lose but if City can't beat us then THEY don't deserve the League.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Ok I'm not a Utd fan but I've been watching with interest.

I literally cannot believe what I am reading, that some fans want to throw such an important match, which could cost you a top 4 place. Anyway.....I just wanted to give my assessment of things;
1. You have to realise, that your players on the pitch are no up to top 4 standard.....certainly not alongside City and Liverpool. No matter how much you rant at them at old trafford, or shout at your TV, those players are never, ever going to be able to play to that level.

Yes I understand the frustration that the team as a whole isn't able to perform as well as you would like, but no amount of complaining or ranting is going to change that. It's like me shouting at my 10 year old kid as to why he isnt scoring 40 goals per season!

2. The manager. I literally cannot believe there are threads on here asking for him to be sacked, or sacked at the EOS. You've brought someone in who is clearly under qualified...everyone can see that, but for gods sake you have to give the man a couple of transfer windows. The issue is that he has zero experience of the value transfers you need to make (in our out) so you need a director who can work alongside him on that.

3. Blame. When you signed Pogba nobody was complaining. When you signed Lakaku, Sanchez and Jose nobody was complaining. Now all of a sudden they were bad decisions and the Chief Exec should go? A lot of fans are looking with hindsight and expecting the board to have a time capsules.

4. Expectation. You've had it bloody good for a long time. Under SAF you've sometimes won leagues you shouldn't have. For example in his last season. You have to realise what is realistic and what isnt.

5. Ins & Out. You need at least 5 in. If you sell Pogba you need 6 in. If Sanchez goes as well thats 7. You need to get behind your best players. They have totally screwed you over, but your stuck with them, and you cant replace them with better players. Build a squad around them and they will start performing. To be fair you don't have a lot of choice.

6. The future, forget the past. Theres fans in their 30s and 40s who might not see Utd win another title. Thats the cycle of Football. Right now you are being run as a business, unless you get some Arab who comes in and runs you as a pastime, your unlikely to get the investment in players you need to be top 2.

Like I said Im not a Utd fan so couldnt give 2 hoots either way, but thats my 2 pence worth from the outside.
1. We sit 2-3 points outside top 4 despite our dreadful first half, the London trio are not much ahead of us (if at all)

2. Probably not my choice but agreed Ole should be given some time

3. That’s not true, plenty have said that Lukaku was a bad choice and many complained about the Sanchez wage, more have said Jose was not suitable (I admit I was one of his biggesr advocates on here)

4. Our expectation is that the results reflect our status and spending as a club, how is that unrealistic?

5. Pogba seems to attract interest from clubs willing to pay, how are we stuck with them?

6. Given our income and purchasing power, it’s very unlikely that we’ll continue to get it wrong again and again. Of course there’s nothing is guaranteed in life, but it’s not unrealistic to think we have a better chance than anyone other than City in the long term.

WireMUFC

It’s irrelevant who we want to win because we are going to get beat anyway so don’t waste the mental energy.

StrettyEnder07

Whoever wins the league deserves it, personally couldn't give a fcuk anymore so bored of hearing about City or Liverpool, all I am as*ed about tonight is United winning or at the very least leaving everything on the pitch, if City beat us, fair play, if we beat them and Liverpool win the league, fair play, were not winning it so may the best side win it.

I remember back in 95 we were in the same position, needing Liverpool to beat Blackburn, which happened and we could not do our job, so if we win tonight they still have to get over the line.

Anyway, get into them tonight, give it everything we have, we get beat we get beat but fcuk ever ever wanting to lose a derby!

Siorac

It wasnt just that pass. I recall the game vividly : they were simply not interested in moving forward, and simply passed it around the back with no sense of urgency.

Bit like watching United under LVG !

Not saying Liverpool "threw the game" against Chelsea in 2010, but they certainly lay down from the kick off....
Actually, they had a good chance early on and had some urgency in the opening 20 minutes or so.

Once they went 1-0 down, they indeed gave up and were content to just do some damage limitation.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
If we lose it's a year of Europa League football and consolidation of our team.

If we win/draw then Liverpool might win their first PL title and join Blackburn and Leicester on 1.