Do you want Moyes Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Simple question.

Tonight is a very low moment, I feel desperately sorry for him and this will be a hard for all to take.

I want more time for him and the chance to get it right.

But there are a lot who have already lost patience

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
If we don't get in the top 4 I can't see how we can keep him. Manchester United has to be in the CL, it's as simple as that.

binary bot
I want to get behind him and support him...but I can't help but feel he's not good enough.

Traub

Yes, not good enough. Time to join the managerial merry-go-round.

kps88

No. We're stuck with him now for better or worse. You're not going to get a world class manager at this stage of the season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I never wanted him at united at the first place. In this day and age of technical cohesive football, I wanted someone bringing that at united.

However, now that he's here, I'd like us to give him one full season to see what progress he makes. But my feeling is that, I'd still prefer somewhere else then.

Shark

@NotShark
Moyes was not at fault for today. The chances we wasted were diabolical.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Right now would be pointless to answer the question, by the end of the season I think I'll have an answer for it. Would I be angry and sad if he was to leave tomorrow for instance ? Absolutely not.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
No, absolutely not. We simply couldn't expect him to seamlessly take over the reigns at a big club like United and to carry on winning in the same fashion that a manager who had been established for 20 years had done. I said before the season that 3rd in the league and QF in Europe would be an acceptable start for him. As far as I'm concerned those goals are still attainable.

soapythecat

There will be a lot of folks pumping for 'yes', just because they are pretty pissed right now. We have to give him time, but it makes it hard as I never wanted him in the first place.

RORY65

I didn't really want him in but I would give him 2 seasons and see what David Moyes' United looks like. I suspect the Glazer's will panic if it looks like we won't make the top 4 this season.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Not in the slightest, how is 3 months a fair crack at replacing the greatest manager ever ? Some of you are so fecking spoilt it is unreal.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I don't want Moyes out, but I want top top quality midfielders brought into the club in January to try and salvage something from the season.

Midfield is where we've been horrible for the best part of 3 seasons now. Carrick is the only top class player we have in that position and he's out for weeks now.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
He won't be sacked purely because there are no managers available at the moment. And no, Fergie is not coming back.

Kag

No I don't want him out. The players need to take some fecking responsibility.
Yeah, feck them. They've only proven on numerous occasions that they are winners, giving the supporters something they are not even entitled to. Wankers. Our manager on the other hand...

I'm not even getting into Moyes here, but people who are happy to sit their and tear into men who have proven they are great footballers when under the correctly tactics and mentality can do one.

QuackQuack

Handy with candles and exhausts
You need a 'I don't know option' as atm I really don't know. The players do have to take responsibility but his line up and subs need addressing. I don't know why Welbeck was given 80 minutes and Hernandez was given 10 minutes to change the game when the former didn't really offer much throughout the match.

Dominos

I didn't want him in the first place, I felt very strongly about it.

I'd give him a little longer but if we get to the point where we're clearly not going to get top 4 under him then something needs to be done. We cannot afford to finish outside the CL spots. I'm sorry if that upsets the top reds, but why would I or any United fan want to see us languish around the Europa League spots year after year?

The players need to take some responsibility for their performances. These results we're getting are nowhere near good enough. Moyes get's more time but this is a squad that are better than they're showing.

stubie

Moyes need the chance to feck the dead wood off and believe me there is plenty

LARulz

No.

Players need to fecking wake up and stop doing stupid shit. What was Giggs playing at when trying to give the ball to Fellani on the edge of our box? That lead to the free kick and then the goal.

Not like Moyes is totally blameless, he should have taken Welbeck off asap. He needs to start trusting the likes of Hernandez etc to get a goal

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
No I want a decent midfielder and then if we're still shite I'll change my mind.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I want about a quarter of the squad out right now to be honest. I never wanted Moyes in the first place either. We were playing rubbish football under Fergie, and I'd hoped his departure would open the door to a new era, continental ideas being brought in. That said, we are here now, and I'd like to see him get until the end of the season at least.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
He isn't a man utd manager. But it isn't just him. It's the staff he has brought who are completely out of their depth. Players like RVP unhappy, players clearly don't like playing for us anymore, they look lost out there.
Today was a wonderful example of what a management team can do to a team. For both sides.

Count Orduck

I never wanted him, didn't think he was good enough and I stand by that opinion. He does not have the quality to be Manchester United manager.

But I don't want him sacked. It would be pointless doing so now, halfway through a season. Who would we replace him with? And we'd risk becoming just one of the many formerly-great clubs that now just emply a merry-go-round of managers trying to hit it "big". He's a lucky boy, because his job is safe until the end of the season, despite clearly not being good enough for it.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I don't understand his tactics. We literally have no style of play or identity as a team and considering this is an inherited squad you'd expect some form of consistency from the Sir Alex era. Unfortunately when the going gets tough nowadays the players don't look too fired up by it and that is the biggest concern.

Moyes' job is to organise and motivate them and whilst the players hold a share of responsibility he and his coaching staff do too. I get the feeling that the quality of Fergie, Phelan and Meulensteen has been lowered massively to Moyes, Round and Neville.

It really has been a case of 1 step forward and 2 back under David Moyes and I don't see it changing until we're lining up with Carrick and van Persie every week. Two players who can offer a bit of quality and character when we need it.

Mad Winger

He's been shocking in the league so far, but it's still too soon to be asking that question.

"Stand by your new manager"

QuackQuack

Handy with candles and exhausts
No. It solves nothing as it is still the same squad.
I understand your point but this is the same squad that grinded out wins even when we weren't performing well. It seems like the urgency and fight til the end has vanished. We haven't had one late goal like we used to score and that is quite telling.

humdinger

No. But I'm shocked at how much the team are struggling under him. We are suffering far more than the other big teams that have changed manager. I knew there would be transition but did not expect us to become so soft with all these late goals we are conceding. I thought our attacking play might suffer but we would be extremely solid and well organised, and we aren't, frankly.

Dominos

Moyes need the chance to feck the dead wood off and believe me there is plenty
He had the chance in the summer if he wanted.

Fergie finished 8 points clear with this "dead wood" also. No excuses to be 8th and 12 points behind approaching the half way point in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.