g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Donny van de Beek image 34

Donny van de Beek Netherlands flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

HailtotheKing

Hope it’s due to the fact he’s coming by back from Covid. Was one of the last to come back to training. Otherwise I really can’t fathom why he wouldn’t start. Either at 10 or in mid next to Matic or McTominay. He’s linked up well with Sancho and he’s played well with Matic. Really bizarre. And serious lack of creativity in this team.

GL21

Disgrace. Don't have many other words to describe how he has been treated at our club.

Ekeke

So people blamed Ole for not playing him, yet the next manager that comes in leaves him out also.

Surely it's time to realise that he probably just isn't good enough?
So good enough for champions league semi finalists but not us when we're sitting in 7th, got it

Its almost like the new manager is making the same mistakes as the old one

Bwuk

So good enough for champions league semi finalists but not us when we're sitting in 7th, got it

Was Daley Blind good enough for us?

peridigm

Or they see something we can’t from our armchair.

soapythecat

VDB doesn't fit the horrible Ragnick system and well Ole was ole. I really hope he leaves soon, because his career almost has been ruined by United.
Is RR system essentially 2 x #10s? If so, and he still can’t get a game, then it doesn’t make Donny look good. Can’t go blaming systems when he doesn’t get selected.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

:lol:
Because that's how football works.

Ajax seem to be enjoying life without him, so don't think they have missed him a single bit.
Maybe, just maybe he isn't the player some on here seem to think he is.

Ekeke

Is RR system essentially 2 x #10s? If so, and he still can’t get a game, then it doesn’t make Donny look good. Can’t go blaming systems when he doesn’t get selected.
Not quite. Theres some responsibility to go wide, especially defending against wingers

Theres also the fact that we're shoehorning our wingers into those roles and when they have played them havent looked good

Greenwood and Rashford were just as far forward in their average position so between them they both played there and didnt do well

Even Bruno has struggled in the position, and was moved back into central midfield when he wasnt making enough happen

Ekeke

Ajax seem to be enjoying life without him, so don't think they have missed him a single bit.
Oh okay, must have missed them getting to the champions league semi finals again. DVB is one of several players they are missing since then but to suggest they're just as strong now as then is obviously bullshit

led_scholes

Well, they are enjoying life also without Ziyech, de Lgit and de Jong so I am not sure if this argument has any value.

Chief123

Strangest situation I’ve seen in a long time!

Literally changed the game when he came on against Atlanta at half time along with Sancho. It’s not like he’s played bad in the minutes he has played.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

We should target players like Sissoko who made the final that season.

luke511

Not quite. Theres some responsibility to go wide, especially defending against wingers

Theres also the fact that we're shoehorning our wingers into those roles and when they have played them havent looked good

Greenwood and Rashford were just as far forward in their average position so between them they both played there and didnt do well

Even Bruno has struggled in the position, and was moved back into central midfield when he wasnt making enough happen
Yep, the 10 role is best suited to wide players with playmaking abilities. Sancho and Amad are best suited for it currently, Rashford's well off the pace technically and Greenwood should be used in the front 2. Van de Beek is better suited in the two sitting in front of the defence for this reason as well.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Well, they are enjoying life also without Ziyech, de Lgit and de Jong so I am not sure if this argument has any value.
And how have them players got on at their new clubs?

VDB can't get a look in here, quite simply shows he's not good enough to be a regular starter or just can't be trusted.

Ekeke

Enjoying life getting nowhere near as far in europe, its a ridiculous idea. They didnt even get out of the group stages last season in the champions league and it wasnt the first time since they sold him where thats happened. They beat Juventus and Real Madrid over 2 legs each that season

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Must have been what he did in training. Different manager and different coaches but still the same fate.

Bobski

He just ain't that good outside of a system that suits his one or two qualities that are above average.

united for life

Just leave kid. You should be playing at this age. Lots of potential. Not sure what’s happening in training

Bobski

At this point we have to presume he’s shite
He is not shite, but the vast majority of his games here have been tidily ineffectual anonymity. That game against Watford might be the only time I saw him play with a purpose and drive in his play that could have made him an option.

It is easy to blame coaches and managers, what about the player?

lost7

Can't believe he didn't get a look with Bruno suspended. I'm assuming he's 100% leaving in January?

OmarUnited4ever

He’s definitely got something lined up for Jan
Agreed, RR gave chances to players like Dalot, Telles & Bailly, so I expect he would've given a chance to DvB (starting today for example) if he knew he would be committed, I'm guessing here but it seems DvB have informed RR that he wants to leave in Jan, or, the other possibility is that RR thinks DvB isn't good enough, but I think it's too soon for him to determine that in his first month at the club.

RR said he won't bother trying to convince players to stay/commit, he also said that Martial communicated to him his desire to leave, and since Lingard hasn't renewed yet then it seems both (Martial & Lingard) are not given minutes at the moment.

Or he might start vs Wolves!

Gandalf

RR said he won't bother trying to convince players to stay/commit, he also said that Martial communicated to him his desire to leave, and since Lingard hasn't renewed yet then it seems both (Martial & Lingard) are not given minutes at the moment.
I think Ralf is right about this. If a player wants to leave then don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. If we really want a cultural reset then it is time to remind anyone playing here that being part of the team is a privilege and not a right and if you are less than 100% committed we have no use for you.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Ffs the hyperbole. He was a good Ajax player, nothing more. Shouldn't have signed for United if he wanted a guaranteed start. He's been paid well.

That said he shouldn't have been lied to by Ole.
Or maybe he just hasn't lived up to expectations? First Ole and now Ralf? We cant always blame his managers. At some point we have to just say... maybe its just Donnie?

Great at one system but shown out to be less flexible and productive when playing elsewhere?

userman

Like it or not, Donny has to be sold. No point in keeping a 35m player on the bench when you can get probably 25(?) to reinvest in a starter.

Devil may care

He's secretly retired and is now an undercover coach offering technical advice from his elevatory status on the bench.

jesperjaap

See him getting linked with the likes of Bayern as a replacement for Tolisso....on the bench and fr Real, erm Valverde is hardly starting?

I genuinely think he should go to Newcastle where he can be a pretty big player at the start of a big project if they stay up of course.

Of coruse its a shame and a little strange we spent so much on a player we arent even playing and yes he did well for Ajax in there champions league campaign.....but really dont get the lvoe for him and people saying how arfulyl we have treated him etc etc. I appreciate its a bit harsh as they have nearly all been from the bench but he has actually made 26 appearances whoch is more than you would have thought, reason why, he has been anomynous in so many of them, he has had 2 or 3 neat and tidy apeprances but only one game I remember him doing really well, has done little to warrant more opportunities.....all that has is how poor the likes of Fred have been and even Fernandes the last 2/3months.

Never thought he was more than a squad player when we got heavily linked with him. Baffling at the time when we were also linekd with Grealish and people werent excited not just because of the price but saying whre does he play, e doesnt start ahead of x,y,z yet when in my opinion, by now hed be startign ahead of all of them.....yet Van De Beek I didtn see startign ahead of anybody bar Fred maybe and then not ideal for him.

He is a neat and tidy Ajax system player, just liek Blind was in defence, noting exceptional or special about him. Blind was a cheap signing who was versatile (as a left back or more so midfielder for me, never a premier league centre back ironically, wasted here), DeBeek we spent pretty big money on though. For our side we already have better options in msot of the positions he can play and we atually need to upgrade them anyway and there are far better options in m yopinion for us to sign than Van DeBeek, hasnt had a godo run here, but I havev no problem selling him, more so, we never should have bought him. Wrong player and spent too much on him as well, something we have done far too much for several years now

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is done. Hope he gets a good club and we get a good fees. Or a loan and he will be back when we get ETH.

Status
Not open for further replies.