Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Without even getting into what RR may think about him as a player, it seems more than plausible DVB has told him that he wants to leave in January.

I'd say the same is likely the case for Lingard.

If they'd both been 100% committed, they'd probably been given more of a chance to prove themselves to RR.

(Could be personal fitness issues, of course - but I kinda doubt it).

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Or maybe he just hasn't lived up to expectations? First Ole and now Ralf? We cant always blame his managers. At some point we have to just say... maybe its just Donnie?

Great at one system but shown out to be less flexible and productive when playing elsewhere?
Why does it have to be an "or"?

He was clearly lied to. I have no clue how what you're saying is related to the bolded in my post or why you quoted me.

According to VDB he was promised chances this season when his loan move was blocked by Ole. He did fine in the first half against YB then was subbed off never to be seen again.

"I see a new Donny in training" (Also if you believe he's shite in training this is also a lie by Ole)

The Ole fan club feel vindicated that Ralf isn't picking him, but the more likely explanation is he has his mind set on leaving.

Golden Nugget

Burnley are a physical side. Ralf played too if our biggest midfielders in midfield. There really isn’t much to this.

Last edited:

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
We have a nightmare schedule for January and February, still worried about the 2 games we postponed. He’ll definitely get chances there.

I think Ralph didn’t see the point of bringing him on, but surely he could have replaced Cavani at 70th minute mark.

Donny needs a run in the team, problem is all attackers are better than him and he isn’t considered number 6, although for me his best performances were in midfield.

Doesn’t do him any favours that every time he gets subbed on for Fernandes, Donny barely touches the ball.

Mickson

Burbles are a physical side. Ralf played too if our biggest midfielders in midfield. There really isn’t much to this.
They are but it never gets physical because they usually just sit back and play it long. Look at the number of challenges, tackles etc. Barely any at all. It gets a lot more physical if we face Liverpool, Everton, yes almost any other team.

Kag

The overreaction to this lad not starting is (predictably) hilarious.

Both Ole and Rangnick have had opportunities to play him from the start and have chosen better options every time. By all means, question the logic behind the signing, but talk of how we have treated him terribly is a load of rubbish. He’s been shite just about every time he’s got onto the pitch. That’s on him.

Lee565

Both Ole and Rangnick have had opportunities to play him from the start and have chosen better options every time. By all means, question the logic behind the signing, but talk of how we have treated him terribly is a load of rubbish. He’s been shite just about every time he’s got onto the pitch. That’s on him.
It's a bit hard for him to do well with a complete lack of match sharpness when he gets about 1 start and barely any minutes as sub in every 10 games, let's see how well pogba, fred, matic and mctominay would do in the same situation.

Walters_19_MuFc

Dalot coming on instead of him.

Just tells you about something.
Tells you that RR wanted to continue with width and directness that Greenwood, the person Dalot came on for, was giving us.

I get that he should probably be getting more chances, but it's almost as if people would want the manager to just throw him in regardless of position or any tactical thinking behind it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Tells you that RR wanted to continue with width and directness that Greenwood, the person Dalot came on for, was giving us.

I get that he should probably be getting more chances, but it's almost as if people would want the manager to just throw him in regardless of position or any tactical thinking behind it.
Exactly.

If there was going to be a replacement it would've likely had been in replace of Cavani, who was playing abit of a SS role last night.

shabz

I think he has to leave now. Unless Ten Haag is coming in at the end of the season, who won't make it as a player for this club whether he is good enough or not.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Would be funny if Hag were to come in next summer and Beek would still not feature.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Will be interesting to hear what he has to say about his time at United and about Ole / Ralf (although I think Donny already decided to leave, hardly a surprise).

Presto

You either didn't watch him play actually or you are making up a story, he was good against Young Boys 1st leg, immediately created an obvious chance after being brough on in 2nd half with a long pass from near the sideline at 50m distance directly onto Greenwood's feet facing West Ham GK, he scored the last goal of Ole's reign, also right after coming in, he showed that's he is a good aggressive tackler every single time he got a chance to play, even when it was 85th or 87th minute, his passing is good with more forward passes than sideway or backward passes, his off the ball movements are smart too, him and Sancho together made a good duo during the few minutes VdB got

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Shock horror, maybe he’s just a bit shit (which sums up most of his game time at United)?

Many players feel “if they got a shot” but you know what? Every player that comes through our academy has the same mentality and they don’t always make it. Donny played well in a system that functioned in a certain way. No other club plays that way. It’s not ludicrous to think that he would fail in the same manner at every other club as well.

And for those that think we should build around Donny…we haven’t built around Pogba and he’s 3x the player.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I am certain that the match against Wolves will be his first real breakthrough for young Donnie.... New Year, New Start!!

HailtotheKing

See him getting linked with the likes of Bayern as a replacement for Tolisso....on the bench and fr Real, erm Valverde is hardly starting?

I genuinely think he should go to Newcastle where he can be a pretty big player at the start of a big project if they stay up of course.

Of coruse its a shame and a little strange we spent so much on a player we arent even playing and yes he did well for Ajax in there champions league campaign.....but really dont get the lvoe for him and people saying how arfulyl we have treated him etc etc. I appreciate its a bit harsh as they have nearly all been from the bench but he has actually made 26 appearances whoch is more than you would have thought, reason why, he has been anomynous in so many of them, he has had 2 or 3 neat and tidy apeprances but only one game I remember him doing really well, has done little to warrant more opportunities.....all that has is how poor the likes of Fred have been and even Fernandes the last 2/3months.

Never thought he was more than a squad player when we got heavily linked with him. Baffling at the time when we were also linekd with Grealish and people werent excited not just because of the price but saying whre does he play, e doesnt start ahead of x,y,z yet when in my opinion, by now hed be startign ahead of all of them.....yet Van De Beek I didtn see startign ahead of anybody bar Fred maybe and then not ideal for him.

He is a neat and tidy Ajax system player, just liek Blind was in defence, noting exceptional or special about him. Blind was a cheap signing who was versatile (as a left back or more so midfielder for me, never a premier league centre back ironically, wasted here), DeBeek we spent pretty big money on though. For our side we already have better options in msot of the positions he can play and we atually need to upgrade them anyway and there are far better options in m yopinion for us to sign than Van DeBeek, hasnt had a godo run here, but I havev no problem selling him, more so, we never should have bought him. Wrong player and spent too much on him as well, something we have done far too much for several years now
Yeah the whole issue is people have watched McFred stink up the place game after game yet this guy has never had a decent chance. And when he has played sure he’s never lit the place on fire but he’s never played as bad as these other two and with almost zero minutes to gain consistency. All we ask is a fair chance.

Andrew7582

Yeah the whole issue is people have watched McFred stink up the place game after game yet this guy has never had a decent chance. And when he has played sure he’s never lit the place on fire but he’s never played as bad as these other two and with almost zero minutes to gain consistency. All we ask is a fair chance.
VDB doesn't really bring anything to the table as a cm in the premier league. He is lacking athletically for the position, no pace and not very strong. He is nothing special technically either, not a great passer or dribbler. McFred play ahead of him because they at least can compete physically and win the ball.

bringbackbebe

A classic example of a good player playing in the wrong league with the wrong team in the wrong system. A modern Veron. He'd be better off in Italy/Spain.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He is absolutely nowhere near the quality of Veron
Its funny how deluded people can get -- the less he plays the more GOAT he becomes. Veron was magnificent -- skilled, vision, incredible passing range, impossible to get the ball off him. It was one of Fergie's failures in not being able to integrate him into that team.
Donnie is a ballboy when compared to Veron.

Litch

We have seen players come in like Dalot who under Ole were on their way out the team. Clearly different set of eyes, different assessment yet not the same for Donny? Maybe he is just not that guy especially when you consider he's had the same opportunities as Ole gave him?

Litch

A classic example of a good player playing in the wrong league with the wrong team in the wrong system. A modern Veron. He'd be better off in Italy/Spain.
Compare to Veron? Feck me......you think Veron would be on our bench behind Fred and Scott? Did you forget who was in our midfield when Veron was here?

Bobski

Compare to Veron? Feck me......you think Veron would be on our bench behind Fred and Scott? Did you forget who was in our midfield when Veron was here?
It amazes me the mythologizing of Donny when he is effectively a Dutch Dele Ali.

Lee565

Loan him back to ajax, would be a win win scenario for all parties.

R'hllor

Think people have to understand that in most cases where (regardless of who the manager is) people ask for player to get minutes that seems undeserved(in their opinion) to be on a side line, in most cases its not because they believe that player is way better than those ahead of him that aint good themself. It was always, X player isnt worse than what we already have, or there is a notion that those in first XI, can have shit game after a shit game, form being poor and still being picked, while X player even when having good game still being benched for next or after one mistake, they are back on the ice.

When it comes to VDB, do i think he is some next level midfielder, no but if i had to pick between him and Matic for example, would pick him, thats just me or maybe he is really in a utter shit slump form wise, dunno.

captaincantona

My arse. Classic example of nothing. It’s never happened before because no other club is thick enough to spend €40million on a player and not play him.

Let’s be honest, it took Fred a lot of consistent minutes despite abject shitness to discover his level. Sancho has had significant game time in a full strength team and still hasn’t found his feet. Dalot has had game time and is still suspect, Telles has had significant time and is still suspect...DVB has had no consistent minutes at all in a full strength side to discover whether or not he is a PL player. End of discussion. He may not be Bruno level of production but no one in the league is. That doesn’t mean he can’t cut it in the PL.

The reason he hasn’t had minutes is staring us in the face..very simple...Ole was never going to start him ahead of Bruno and the team was completely dependent on Bruno. Ole played his favorites into the ground and lots of other players missed out in that regard. Rangnick has actually said he is playing players in their strongest positions to try win the next game...the next game...DVB is still not good enough to take Bruno’s spot and as luck would have it, with Bruno suspended...the opponent is Burnley and Rangnick decides he needs two big men in the middle of the park.

It’s hard to see him fitting in at Utd but to say he is not a fit for the PL when he has had zero opportunity to prove himself is daft.

Ogaranya

The decision to sign him when we still have bruno and pogba is strange to me, the money should have been diverted to getting a defensive midfielder.

He is tailor made for a possession based playing side and a league with less physicality,
A move to germany and spain will favour him.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
All this "he is for another league" talk feels like an excuse for why we are not playing him, despite him having proven himself with Ajax, and to be candid is absolute HORSESHIT. Donny didn't just prove himself with Ajax, this very season, every time he was given meaningful time to play he was either man of the match or top 3. So, no–problem is not Donny.

HailtotheKing

My arse. Classic example of nothing. It’s never happened before because no other club is thick enough to spend €40million on a player and not play him.

Let’s be honest, it took Fred a lot of consistent minutes despite abject shitness to discover his level. Sancho has had significant game time in a full strength team and still hasn’t found his feet. Dalot has had game time and is still suspect, Telles has had significant time and is still suspect...DVB has had no consistent minutes at all in a full strength side to discover whether or not he is a PL player. End of discussion. He may not be Bruno level of production but no one in the league is. That doesn’t mean he can’t cut it in the PL.

The reason he hasn’t had minutes is staring us in the face..very simple...Ole was never going to start him ahead of Bruno and the team was completely dependent on Bruno. Ole played his favorites into the ground and lots of other players missed out in that regard. Rangnick has actually said he is playing players in their strongest positions to try win the next game...the next game...DVB is still not good enough to take Bruno’s spot and as luck would have it, with Bruno suspended...the opponent is Burnley and Rangnick decides he needs two big men in the middle of the park.

It’s hard to see him fitting in at Utd but to say he is not a fit for the PL when he has had zero opportunity to prove himself is daft.
100%
How anyone can say he’s not good enough is beyond me. He’s had zero chances to show anything. He’s never had a consistent run of games and when he has played it’s never been in the first team for any length of minutes. So the jury is out. And as you said, other players have consistently played badly but been given game after game to find their form. When VDB has played he’s never played as badly as those players yet he’s never given a chance. But people continue to spout this shit about how he’s not good enough. Bollocks.

Last edited:

jesperjaap

Its funny how deluded people can get -- the less he plays the more GOAT he becomes. Veron was magnificent -- skilled, vision, incredible passing range, impossible to get the ball off him. It was one of Fergie's failures in not being able to integrate him into that team.
Donnie is a ballboy when compared to Veron.
Agree on Verons ability, he was also doing it week in week out on what was arguably still the best league in Europe at the time in Serie A though it was fading. He was one of the best players in the league for a few years.

I wouldnt neccarsarily agree with it being a Fergie failure though as at the time we had the best midfield we have had in my lifetime in Giggs, Keane, Scholes and Beckham.....that says it all VDB isnt getting games in possibly the worst midfield we have had in my lifetime. Both failed to establish themselves or earn the right to be starters but the competition ahead of them was miles apart. Personallly I wanted us to sign Davids at the time but no doubt Veron was a top quality player

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Agree on Verons ability, he was also doing it week in week out on what was arguably still the best league in Europe at the time in Serie A though it was fading. He was one of the best players in the league for a few years.

I wouldnt neccarsarily agree with it being a Fergie failure though as at the time we had the best midfield we have had in my lifetime in Giggs, Keane, Scholes and Beckham.....that says it all VDB isnt getting games in possibly the worst midfield we have had in my lifetime. Both failed to establish themselves or earn the right to be starters but the competition ahead of them was miles apart. Personallly I wanted us to sign Davids at the time but no doubt Veron was a top quality player
I thought Veron was better than Zidane at the time they were both in Serie A. He would be much more involved in games through 90 minutes. United was a bad move for him, because the Zidane comparison now looks a bit stupid. Not sure it was Fergie’s fault, Veron went on to Chelsea and didn’t do much there either. I imagine he’d be much better in the current Premier League and would be with Du Bruyne as the best.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I hope for his sake we let him leave, either permanently or on loan in January. No point keeping him as a back up when he can't even get a game when two 1st choice midfielders (Fred and Bruno) were out.

Gfooty

It seems he cant get rid of his former agent whom he 'fired' not too long ago. The contract prohibits another agent working for Donny and runs until the end of this season. That pretty much means he's stuck on the bench for another half year

Ixion

He must be the most overrated player on the caf
I think lots of people acknowledge he isn't the answer to all our problems or a world beater they just want to see him treated better than a year on the bench for no reason. Much like we should have let Romero leave much sooner than we did.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I think lots of people acknowledge he isn't the answer to all our problems or a world beater they just want to see him treated better than a year on the bench for no reason.
It's not like he made himself undroppable whenever he played

Status
Not open for further replies.