5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

He's stepped into Doucoure's midfield spot because he's injured. Allen is the true 6/holding midfield. Once Doucoure gets his fitness back, which probably won't be until end of Feb or early March, it'll be interesting to see how Lampard plays those 3 and tries to include Dele.
Hm .. okay. I wonder if they'll stick to the 4-4-2 then. Gray is a good winger, so I don't think Richarlison will go back LW. He'd also be wasted on the right, so he has to play with DCL upfront.

Given that - there are only two spots open at CM between VdB, Docoure, Allan and Gomes. I think Docoure is a good player, so displacing him will be a challenge.

Stacks

Still reserving judgement on him. I know the VdB fanboys are in full flow here atm, but I'm happy to wait till the end of the season to see how he does. A good game or two and a positive comment by a manager doesn't really mean much.

Everton have also been exceptionally shit this season, so it's also possible his level is good enough for bottom half of the PL. He's replacing Andre Gomes I guess?Personally think McFred are better than the guy.
To be fair Everton are about 19th so I'm surprised they didn't accuse him of witchcraft and burn him at the stake once they saw a half decent bit of ball control.
He was the lowest rated or mid rated Everton player in their last game on a few match rating sites so everyone must have been amazing based off the reaction here

United in sin

For Donny's own good, he should stay at Everton on a permanent deal. We've crumbled too many careers and turned players into toxic mercenaries.
I agree. I love this club but it's indeed toxic from the top to the rotten core of overpaid players.

TheReligion

Abusive
For Donny's own good, he should stay at Everton on a permanent deal. We've crumbled too many careers and turned players into toxic mercenaries.
I agree. I love this club but it's indeed toxic from the top to the rotten core of overpaid players.
I agree. I don't actually like many of our players. They always chattin mess to the media. Making excuses. giving dodgy interviews. hyper sensitive. no accountability
What am I reading here?!

You’d rather the club don’t seek to change the culture and as fans are actively encouraging players to leave?

Find that crazy

United in sin

I agree. I don't actually like many of our players. They always chattin mess to the media. Making excuses. giving dodgy interviews. hyper sensitive. no accountability
This

This is easily the biggest assembly of overrated and undedicated players I've ever seen play for this club at once. Zero accountability whatsoever. We need a huge overhaul and a total reset in how we operate in the transfer market

Our next permanent manager has his work cut out for him with this mostly feckless lot and there will be growing pains no matter who takes the helm. There's no miracle fix to the mess we're in and we have so many deluded supporters who still think a big signing here or there will have us challenging for the big titles almost instantaneously.

Last summer's transfer window should've dispelled a lot of that. We're far from challenging. Haaland would look like Peter Crouch among this group. Klopp walked into a similar situation at Liverpool and he had to sell 13 players and build around relatively inexpensive clever signings like Mane, Salah and Firmino for instance that fitted his vision. I see Rangknick thinking along the same lines when we look at players he supposedly was interested in like Haidara, Julian Alvarez who just signed for City and Chris Nkunku.

Whether it's true or not this is the approach I think the club should be taking. We should be getting in hungry non big name talents who will bleed for this club and help propel us back to prominence. The elite players will not just look at United as a club to make easy big money after that. The project has to pull them in, not just the financial gain

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

What am I reading here?!

You’d rather the club don’t seek to change the culture and as fans are actively encouraging players to leave?

Find that crazy
It's the new top fan, or whatever.

Personally I could give a feck what happens to his career, I just hope he can be of use to us, either on the pitch or the transfer market.

United in sin

Personally I could give a feck what happens to his career, I just hope he can be of use to us, either on the pitch or the transfer market.
If 'top fan' is the antithesis of top red with blinders on I'll take it.

United in sin

Donny having a mare today. Doesn’t look PL quality at all although to be fair Everton are awful and they are being managed by an unqualified chancer.
We had one of those! Sorry couldn't help it.

Everton is a strange club right now. They're seemingly slowly regressing into total mediocrity no matter who's at the helm and they can't hold on to a good manager for more than two seasons

city-puma

Watched the second half. The high pressing by Southampton is superb. VDB is a clearly lost figure wandering on the pitch. People can easily pick him out to blame.

Stacks

What am I reading here?!

Find that crazy

Yeah agreed mate.

Strange bunch.
was agreeing with this post "I love this club but it's indeed toxic from the top to the rotten core of overpaid players. "
what's the problem?

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Donny having a mare today. Doesn’t look PL quality at all although to be fair Everton are awful and they are being managed by an unqualified chancer.
Agree on all counts. DVB did look a little too Martial-esque for my liking though - no real tracking back for either goal. He'd given up on one of the goals as the opposition entered the Everton half.

Gfooty

Indeed, we needed a striker on form. Not another body in midfield. People thinking players who couldn't get into the team under 3 managers would have made a difference is weird.
Well for starters Bruno is in absolute shite form and most caf said that's Donnys only position; would have made sense giving him a run there and resting Bruno as he clearly needs some

Red_toad

Well for starters Bruno is in absolute shite form and most caf said that's Donnys only position; would have made sense giving him a run there and resting Bruno as he clearly needs some
Bruno doesn’t need a rest. He was constantly on the move during the match, he’s not fatigued, just off with his finishing. Donny would not have improved that performance.

buckooo1978

Bruno scored last week and is far from being in shite form

ForeverRed1

no. Donny will never ever ever get the numbers Bruno gets, I’d put money on it, of course I’d love to be proven wrong, if he comes back here but Bruno even when not at the races is a difference maker. I’d bank on him to pull something out of the bag over pretty much any other player we have in our squad. Good or bad day.

He has played a part in 15 goals this season, despite his poor form. In a shaky team with no full time manager. Bernardo Silva has had a hand in 8, at his best form, playing in a squad far superior with the best manager in the world. In the same amount of games. Yet the plaudits adore him, player of the season, world class.

I forgot stats mean nothing though, so let’s just bench Bruno (our best player in terms of productivity) and play donny in his position. Genius.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
MOTD raving about the performance of Everton’s midfield three vs City. Never mind the Donny vs Bruno comparisons, surely to feck he could have been a good alternative to one or other of McFred? That’s the mystery to me about his time at the club. This idea he could only possibly replace Bruno in the team. It’s never made sense and makes even less sense when you look at the role he’s playing at Everton.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
MOTD raving about the performance of Everton’s midfield three vs City. Never mind the Donny vs Bruno comparisons, surely to feck he could have been a good alternative to one or other of McFred? That’s the mystery to me about his time at the club. This idea he could only possibly replace Bruno in the team. It’s never made sense and makes even less sense when you look at the role he’s playing at Everton.
The man himself he can play several positions and not just the 10 (Bruno role). I never understood why so many caftards convinced themselves VDB was here for one single position and that's it

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The man himself he can play several positions and not just the 10 (Bruno role). I never understood why so many caftards convinced themselves VDB was here for one single position and that's it
You just need to watch him play to see he’s an all round central midfielder. He’s always looked far more likely to be a decent CM than a decent 10.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You just need to watch him play to see he’s an all round central midfielder. He’s always looked far more likely to be a decent CM than a decent 10.
It's sad that it took him 2 games for Everton to have more minutes in the PL under his belt for them. Even if VDB was never meant to become the truly class and elusive CM we hope to see play for Utd, when Pogba was out, he should have been used a lot more.

Andrew7582

He looked like he was running through quick sand for the 4th spurs goal, too slow.

Polar

Close this thread. He is never coming back. Let’s forget we bought him.

Bwuk

To be fair to him, no-one would look good for Everton atm.

I can’t see him coming back.

Barthez

So if ETH does get the job, does Donny walk back into the team and/or thinking ? - Any thoughts?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
So if ETH does get the job, does Donny walk back into the team and/or thinking ? - Any thoughts?
I think he probably will, at least at the start. He'll be one of the few players who easily fit into ETH's style without changing their game a fair bit. Whether he stays in the team will depend on his performances and also how the team work with him. In the short-term we may struggle to really play the way ETH wants so we might still be overly reliant on individual brilliance (similar to what happened with LVG, although hopefully with a much happier finish), which is obviously where VDB struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.