5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

He played a poor pass, then immediately ran towards the player he gave it to, leaving a massive hole for City to play into, which they did. I find it weird the obsession and martyrdom of Donny, he is not a DM, where do you put him in the team to give him a chance. Are we prepared to drop Bruno to give him that opportunity, because that is the only role for him in the current system.

But yeah "impeccable positioning while defending"
Yeah exactly, I was going to post the bolded in his thread but couldn’t be arsed.

When we are playing with Bruno on the pitch we simply can’t play him, I’ve been saying it for ages and get pelters for it. He doesn’t fix the issues we have in the pivot, he weakens it further.

RUCK4444

Refusing to judge from a 10 minute performance from a player who’s hardly played for months, subbed into a match where the team had given up. What do people expect him to do, bring us back from the brink in a few minutes?
Nobody expects him to win the game for us, just shows what some like I have been saying, you cannot play him with Bruno in the same team, he’s not a DM you can play in the pivot.

I posted yesterday in the match thread that we should play a flat three in midfield including him against these (and have Bruno up as a false 9)
He weakens us in this current setup with Bruno as a 10 ahead of him.

Nick7

Nobody expects him to win the game for us, just shows what some like I have been saying, you cannot play him with Bruno in the same team, he’s not a DM you can play in the pivot.

I posted yesterday in the match thread that we should play a flat three in midfield including him against these (and have Bruno up as a false 9)
He weakens us in this current setup with Bruno as a 10 ahead of him.
Matic is the only player in our whole squad that can play DM in our 4-2-4 formation.

stw2022

Small part of me would have admired him if he told him to feck off and refused to go on

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Refusing to judge from a 10 minute performance from a player who’s hardly played for months, subbed into a match where the team had given up. What do people expect him to do, bring us back from the brink in a few minutes?
Tell that to Ruck, he's cleary ignoring everything just to be able to bash VDB

Litch

Not enough time to fairly judge him. Also the game was died anyway......

Denis Irwinning

He played a poor pass, then immediately ran towards the player he gave it to, leaving a massive hole for City to play into, which they did. I find it weird the obsession and martyrdom of Donny, he is not a DM, where do you put him in the team to give him a chance. Are we prepared to drop Bruno to give him that opportunity, because that is the only role for him in the current system.

Fred is gives the ball away and then presses aimlessly all the time.

Bobski

Fred is gives the ball away and then presses aimlessly all the time.
Yes, and rightly takes stick for it. However the cognitive dissonance around Donny is such that he comes on, makes a pretty major error and you still have people coming out with stuff like "impeccable defensive positioning" which reads like a pre baked idea of what they want to see from him rather the reality of what he is and did.

Look, when Ole is sacked he will probably get a chance, then all of this will be tested, easy to use him as a stick to beat the manager with when he is not playing, make it out to be some great injustice. I doubt he will live up to it, but we will see.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Yes, and rightly takes stick for it. However the cognitive dissonance around Donny is such that he comes on, makes a pretty major error and you still have people coming out with stuff like "impeccable defensive positioning" which reads like a pre baked idea of what they want to see from him rather the reality of what he is and did.

Look, when Ole is sacked he will probably get a chance, then all of this will be tested, easy to use him as a stick to beat the manager with when he is not playing, make it out to be some great injustice. I doubt he will live up to it, but we will see.
On the other hand, people here a bitching about losing the midfield control when Donny came on while every midfield battle after that was with McTominay, not with Donny.

Ollie Derbyshire

I’m an advocate of giving him a run in the team, not because he’ll transform us into world beaters but if people can’t see he wouldn’t be any worse than Fred or McT I’m gobsmacked. We need to try some different players as the ones Ole has been trusting so far are simply not doing well enough. There is a reason you have a squad of players.

Witchking

A player who never gets a chance, gets to play 15 odd minutes. Makes a mistake. So if players like fred and mctominay play day in day out, they should never make a mistake. Your posts are weird. Do your posts understand that dvb needs games to settle down and get it to a rhythm? Or has your post never played football before?

Ollie Derbyshire

A player who never gets a chance, gets to play 15 odd minutes. Makes a mistake. So if players like fred and mctominay play day in day out, they should never make a mistake. Your posts are weird. Do your posts understand that dvb needs games to settle down and get it to a rhythm? Or has your post never played football before?
Also a player getting very limited game time will always try and impress and by doing that will make rash decisions. Comparing to the regular new starters is pointless.

DON’T PANIC ™

Sure, he misplaced a pass. At least he was attempting to play the ball forward.
A 10 minute cameo when the game was over and most of the team were waiting for the final whistle. Can’t form any opinion based on that.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Sure, he misplaced a pass. At least he was attempting to play the ball forward.
A 10 minute cameo when the game was over and most of the team were waiting for the final whistle. Can’t form any opinion based on that.
Funny thing is, if he hadn't tried that pass, there would be complained by some people here that he doesn't take risks and only plays short passes

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Anonymous. Once Fred came off we gave up whatever bit of midfield control we had left.

Shows how desperate Ole is though. Relying on a player he's refused to play for so long and doesn't really know is a proper Hail Mary.
Fred and midfield control :lol: Did we really watch the same game ?

kouroux

Exactly this. If he is given a few 90mins games in a row and he is shite then by all means, he should criticized like the others

Bobski

I am not even really judging his performance, I am judging the comments on it.

Witchking

I am not even really judging his performance, I am judging the comments on it.
Man, no one will criticize his game because he hardly gets a decent run out. Hardly gets a run to establish himself. He played at the end of the game when it was meaningless. So his mistake is not going to be talked about. It's not fair.

Bobski

Man, no one will criticize his game because he hardly gets a decent run out. Hardly gets a run to establish himself. He played at the end of the game when it was meaningless. So his mistake is not going to be talked about. It's not fair.
You don't have to talk about his mistake, this thread could have been entirely quiet post game, but the first post is this;

Impeccable positioning while defending. Why the feck Ole doesn't play him over Fred only he knows.
which suggests to me that the poster didn't watch the 10 mins Donny was on, or just blatantly ignored the Foden chance because it didn't fit what they wanted to say.

Or they were taking the piss out of the Donny crowd.

Fred and midfield control :lol: Did we really watch the same game ?
I already said it, what little bit of control we had. There wasn't much but at least Fred made them stick to one or two touch passes. Once he went off they could have started doing kick ups in the centre circle if they'd wanted.

Witchking

You don't have to talk about his mistake, this thread could have been entirely quiet post game, but the first post is this;

which suggests to me that the poster didn't watch the 10 mins Donny was on, or just blatantly ignored the Foden chance because it didn't fit what they wanted to say.

My apologies. I did not see that post. Agree with your narrative in this case.

kouroux

I already said it, what little bit of control we had. There wasn't much but at least Fred made them stick to one or two touch passes. Once he went off they could have started doing kick ups in the centre circle if they'd wanted.
You're talking about the last 10mins of the game. Fred was abysmal for much more and we defo had zero control with him. He couldn't keep the ball nor pass it under the pressure

NZT-One

:D

Yeah noticed that too. City players must have been puzzled, how comfortably that match was. That said, I thought nobody really stood out negatively or positively. Wouldn't say Fred was good or gave us control, but at least he was there and was noted most of the time.

You're talking about the last 10mins of the game. Fred was abysmal for much more and we defo had zero control with him. He couldn't keep the ball nor pass it under the pressure
Who is he supposed to pass to in our team? ^^ Don't think, that Fred was abysmal at all. Actually, I thought nobody stood out, we were just the worse side all over the pitch, they were in cruise control and we had nothing. Singling out anybody feels unfair to say the least.

kouroux

:D

Yeah noticed that too. City players must have been puzzled, how comfortably that match was. That said, I thought nobody really stood out negatively or positively. Wouldn't say Fred was good or gave us control, but at least he was there and was noted most of the time.

Who is he supposed to pass to in our team? ^^ Don't think, that Fred was abysmal at all. Actually, I thought nobody stood out, we were just the worse side all over the pitch, they were in cruise control and we had nothing. Singling out anybody feels unfair to say the least.
There is no singling out tbh. Fred and McTominay were equally poor. Bruno was poor too and let's not even talk about our fake wingbacks.It was a collective clusterfeck.
All I meant is that VDB needs more than 10 minutes to be fairly judged

NZT-One

There is no singling out tbh. Fred and McTominay were equally poor. Bruno was poor too and let's not even talk about our fake wingbacks.It was a collective clusterfeck.
All I meant is that VDB needs more than 10 minutes to be fairly judged
Ah, pardon me then. I agree, 10 minutes isn't fair to judge the player. I agree though, We should try him in a formation where it is him and two other midfielders (preferably McFred or at least one of them plus Pogba or Matic). Bruno needs to either start from one of the flanks or he takes a false nine position. Maybe that would make us more dominant in the middle of the park. I don't think, Fred and McTom are such bad passers of the ball, with some movement and easier options, it might work.

Dominos

He was brought on a situation where we had to try turn the game around from 2-0 down, he played with lack of discipline in 1 instance trying to win the ball back quickly and you've concluded he can never play in a deep midfield role ever again.

You play him in place of 1 of Fred/Mctominay for a few games, and instruct him to hold his position off the ball if that's what you want him to do. You know, some competent managers would call it coaching... After 3 years of Ole not a player on the pitch looks like they know what they're supposed to be doing - we're disjointed in defence, midfield, and attack. It's almost as if football isn't as simple as picking 11 players in a formation and saying "go out there and enjoy yourself lads".

Firstouch20

There's just no way he could be any worse than Mctomminay and Fred. Just give him a run of games.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

We were 2 nil down with 10 minutes to go. Such a strange decision by VDB to instantly press the ball after losing possession :lol:

But you can't defend in a low block 2 nil down with 10 minutes to go. Ironically the team should have pressed the ball to try and win it back.

I mean if you want to blame VDB for not reading that his teammates had given up and he had some intention to try to get a point from the game, be my guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.