Donny Van De Beek | he stays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedHearted

Everyday, I really really don’t understand what do people see in Donny. He has absolutely no high level football abilities.
He just second guesses himself, there’s a difference

The first couple of clips show the player we signed. He’s so timid here it’s weird.
Especially the first two minutes. Never saw him attempt any of that here. I simply don’t get it

NZT-One

The first couple of clips show the player we signed. He’s so timid here it’s weird.
Especially the first two minutes. Never saw him attempt any of that here. I simply don’t get it
Might be connected with the level of Dutch defenders...

Buying him was an absolute mistake by the responsible people. If anybody actually was under the impression, he could be cover or option for Bruno then this person should be seriously re-evaluated for their job. Feel a little bad for Donny, seems like a likeable guy who just went down the wrong road at the wrong time.

You simply can’t underestimate the difference between in being one of the fastest, sharpest and strongest midfielders in a league to being the exact opposite in the Premier League.
This league is simply so much stronger,
and the knock on his confidence was clearly enormous.
Sancho has similar issues.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
You simply can’t underestimate the difference between in being one of the fastest, sharpest and strongest midfielders in a league to being the exact opposite in the Premier League.
This league is simply so much stronger,
and the knock on his confidence was clearly enormous.
Sancho has similar issues.
You'd think our scouts would have realized that the attributes that made him stand out in the Eredivisie are ones that are table stakes in the PL.

You'd think our scouts would have realized that the attributes that made him stand out in the Eredivisie are ones that are table stakes in the PL.
Aye, but Sancho appears to have duped the whole of Europe and not just our scouts, it’s clearly tough.
I think the entire club got duped by Real Madrid being in for him and snapped VdS’ hand off when he offered us the player.

OleGunnar20

*Obligation to buy* would be a better option.
I'd usually agree but DVB's coming from such a low point at the mo, that a straight loan feels about the best we could hope for.

With a bit of confidence in an easier league I still think he's a £15-20m player. We just need a bit of luck injury & form wise at his new club.

tidraKS

Even in this video, he seems like Donny that plays here, but defenders abilities in the video are way lower I guess. His runs are awkward, the way he holds the ball or does some tricks sometimes is awkward. He could be the best guy in the world, and I’d be happy if he succeeds anywhere, but he’s not succeeding here, and I have high doubts he’ll make it even in Sociedad or in any of the best leagues. Netherlands is a different story.

dinostar77

Hopefully he gets the permanent move to sociedad and gets his career back on track. Its crazy to think that were it not for covid he would have been a Real Madrid player (deal was agreed but then covid happened). Talk about a fork in the road.

roseguy64

Scott has always been less likely to leave than Fred or Donny simply because he is not on crazy wages, is still a decent age and can be useful if used situationally. He was actually pretty good when he played last season and seemed to repond well to ETH. We will still sell him for the right price but we are far from desperate to move him so won't entertain any daft offers. Donny needs to move as his value is shot and he needs to rebuild his reputation somewhere and Fred is 30 and we don't want to extend his contract so we will entertain any proposals.
Yeah pretty much

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
To be honest we should be getting 30m+ for him but I doubt Sociedad will do more than loan with 10m option to buy or something stupid

Chip

To be honest we should be getting 30m+ for him but I doubt Sociedad will do more than loan with 10m option to buy or something stupid
30m+ Thai baht? I know the current market is crazy, but no way we can salvage almost what we paid for him.

He's barely been fit or played and for players like him it's buyer's market. Clubs know that we are desperate to get rid of our dead wood, and he's on stupid wages given his current level.

dinostar77

£10mil tops. Lad needa to rebuild his career. Put a sell on percentage clause in, just in case he finds his way back to ajax level form.

Varun1

Anyone know the figures required to break-even for FFP?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Real Sociedad doesn't sound like a club with money.

Probably another loan with an option for another loan.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
30m+ Thai baht? I know the current market is crazy, but no way we can salvage almost what we paid for him.

He's barely been fit or played and for players like him it's buyer's market. Clubs know that we are desperate to get rid of our dead wood, and he's on stupid wages given his current level.
He's 26 and a good player, not right for the size of United but given the prices of other players, he would absolutely be worth 30m for the impact he'd give a team like Sociedad, or any team that isn't a top level side.

I get why we won't get 30m, im just saying a lot of clubs should be going for him at the fee at which he's likely to leave. Clubs suck at scouting though and read to much into immediate failures and not into the why.

jadaba

A quick look online shows that Real Sociedad's record signing was 20m euros. Unless there's determined interest from a club with more money, we shouldn't expect to get more than 15m euros for him. Not necessarily bad business, just the reality that most of Europe's known but non-elite clubs are simply not made of money.

Gandalf

He's 26 and a good player, not right for the size of United but given the prices of other players, he would absolutely be worth 30m for the impact he'd give a team like Sociedad, or any team that isn't a top level side.

I get why we won't get 30m, im just saying a lot of clubs should be going for him at the fee at which he's likely to leave. Clubs suck at scouting though and read to much into immediate failures and not into the why.
That is pretty much what we paid for him to begin with and his reputation has cratered in the 3 years he has been here. I very much doubt we get much of an up front fee, maybe a loan with an obligation at 12-15M if he hits certain targets this season.

Borussia Teeth

?????

He's had 2 years on the bench and a third year injured. He's also on 120k pw which is far more than the kind of clubs that would be in for him will pay.

How, HOW do you come to the conclusion that 'we should be getting 30m+'

Relfy

Right time to move him on. He isn't going to be playing for us, and he deserves a chance at going on to re-build his career elsewhere. Hopefully a sign we're getting better at knowing when to cut our losses with a player who hasn't worked out.

philippexyz

It would be great if we can get even €10m for Donny. Pointless footballer - limited both athletically and technically.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yeah they ain’t paying anything. Loan with an obligation to think about considering another loan.

AndySmith1990

?????

He's had 2 years on the bench and a third year injured. He's also on 120k pw which is far more than the kind of clubs that would be in for him will pay.

How, HOW do you come to the conclusion that 'we should be getting 30m+'
United players get better the less they play

criticalanalysis

It will be a good move for him. He's someone with good attributes and can become a good player again but he desperately has to start playing consistently. I mean when was the last time he played like 3 games in a row for us? Don't think it's ever happened.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
The most baffling thing to me is that he’s only 26. Guy should be entering the prime of his career and yet it feels like we’re trying to offload a pack of soggy biscuits. Shame it all went so very wrong for him. Hope he does get a move somewhere where he can play regularly. Nobody wants another Phil Jones situation.

bosskeano

this is a no brainer to sell him....he's never going to make the grade here

Status
Not open for further replies.