Donny van de Beek | van de Beek's father: "[Moving to United] a dream come true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illyriann

Supports
LVGOUT
Always happy to see Dutch players coming in , they always seem to do great at united.

dmode

Wtf, what’s the consensus about this fella here, when I saw the news I said who the feck is him? Anyone can explain? Should I be thrilled?

Strelok

My view based on his video clips is that he does the things all coaches claim Lingard is good at but 100 times better. So by this I mean opening up defences , effectively making use of space but more importantly being clinical in front of goal. He seems such an intelligent footballer and we must count ourselves lucky to bag him at that Price. Dutch players are smart, I still think Daley Blind if he had pace would have been one of the best footballers in the world. Too clever these Dutch lads in terms of their football brain.
It's because of Cruyff I think. His philosophy values the brain more than the legs. So Dutch football select youngsters on how smart they play more than how strong or fast they are. Same thing with Barcelona. While English clubs basically only care about how fast, tall and strong a youngster is.

Aimee33

With almost all of our best attacking players excel at combining between the lines, imagine what kind of damage they'd do if we had an RB in the profile of Adama, who could draw 2-3 defenders.(Not saying we should buy Adama though)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
With almost all of our best attacking players excel at combining between the lines, imagine what kind of damage they'd do if we had an RB in the profile of Adama, who could draw 2-3 defenders.(Not saying we should buy Adama though)
What RB is in his profile? If someone has his profile they tend to be attackers.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wtf, what’s the consensus about this fella here, when I saw the news I said who the feck is him? Anyone can explain? Should I be thrilled?
He’s an awkwardly decent player but will definitely fail to find his strengths alongside Bruno and Pogba. He likes to run into space. Not a holding midfielder at all. Will be one of oles worst signings

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
He’s an awkwardly decent player but will definitely fail to find his strengths alongside Bruno and Pogba. He likes to run into space. Not a holding midfielder at all. Will be one of oles worst signings
I don't know where everyone has got this notion of him playing alongside those 2.

Basically every report on him has him as a 10 or attacking box to box. He'll play in place of them and as a rotation option, depending on the tactic for the specific game. There will be no first 11 in a season were we play every 3/4 days.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Well you’re a bundle of joy

Mick1

Ajax as a club and those associated with them seem so much more classy and mature than Dortmund and their lot. Night and day how they have behaved around a player wanting to leave.
Dortmund are perennial second and arguably historically the 2nd biggest team in one of the top 5 leagues who are trying to remain competitive. Plus they pay top salaries, making their players less intent on leaving.
Sancho is a generational talent and a potential ballon d'or competitor.
Would you sell Greenwood for 100 if you don't need the money?
Night and day situation between both clubs and players.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Massive upgrade on Fred/McT/Lingard/Andreas. He'll get plenty of game time as Pogba and Bruno will also need games out (lots would rate him higher than those two as well)

Craig Ward

Nothing like a positive outlook to new sigings!

Zlatans Knee

Has to be a WUM for sure.

Craig Ward

I think it's a brilliant signing.

He's top quality, instantly improves us and the price for the quality of player is pretty good.

He's better than Fred/Periera/Lingard/McTom and will easily compete with Pogba for a starting spot in our current formation/set up.

I hope he hits the ground running, his game seems to suit the premier league.

Smart business by us and i hope we get a couple more in before the window shuts.

simmee

I mean, he's obviously not signed to be a holding midfielder. He's replacing Lingard and Pereira in the squad to rotate with Bruno and Pogba.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Nostradamus has spoken! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.