Donny van de Beek | van de Beek's father: "[Moving to United] a dream come true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemanarmy

No thank you. We're well stacked with box-to-box midfielders, we really need to sign a DM.
Exactly. Grealish would be a rotation option for Bruno, Pogba, Rashford... Twice better than our other options (Mata, Pereira, Lingard...) This guy would be another McTominay/Fred.

sp_107

80m for grealish is robbery by villa. If we can get DVB up to 40-45m then that should be good.
if Pogba wants to leave for Juve, VDB is a good option but seems this option is now sailed as Barca wants him now. Dutch manager trick I think.

Last edited:

Tony247

I believe he was available in the market for quite some time now. And we now have no chance due to our one transfer at a time habbit?

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Tbh Donny and David Brooks would not be a bad pair of transfers for us, giving us the depth of attackers we really need

starman

I think his transfer is going to depend on if Pogba is staying on or not, one way or another hopefully that gets resolved soon so we have a clear idea of our midfield options next season

beingshe7don

I think his transfer is going to depend on if Pogba is staying on or not, one way or another hopefully that gets resolved soon so we have a clear idea of our midfield options next season
That makes no sense. We need another midfielder even if Pogba remains. Van De Been being quoted for 30m euros is just a joke. Like what the freaking shit, Gabriel sold for 27m...... and Ed still.... how would you like your installments for Sancho.... 60 + 40 + 20 or 61 + 39 + 20 or 62 + 38 + 20........ like get away from this Sancho deal already... and strengthen elsewhere in positions we can while our targets are available.

starman

That makes no sense. We need another midfielder even if Pogba remains. Van De Been being quoted for 30m euros is just a joke. Like what the freaking shit, Gabriel sold for 27m...... and Ed still.... how would you like your installments for Sancho.... 60 + 40 + 20 or 61 + 39 + 20 or 62 + 38 + 20........ like get away from this Sancho deal already... and strengthen elsewhere in positions we can while our targets are available.
So you think he will just come to be a reserve behind Pogba and Bruno when he has his pick of clubs where he would be a instant starter?

Last edited:

izec

Why ? just out of interest
I don't think he is good enough for a 10 and as a 6. A number 8 we already have in Fred and McTominay. I want a more creative and technical player, like Grealish.

Obviously i would take him now than no one and it seems that this summer not a lot will happen for us, so the situation changed than at the time. Even VdB may end up at Barca.

kirk buttercup

I don't think he is good enough for a 10 and as a 6. A number 8 we already have in Fred and McTominay. I want a more creative and technical player, like Grealish.

Obviously i would take him now than no one and it seems that this summer not a lot will happen for us, so the situation changed than at the time. Even VdB may end up at Barca.
fair enough if that's your opinion. TBH I think he would start most our games and would be brilliant for us. I think him Bruno and Pogba would be wonderful in a Rotation we saw the effects of over playing players so we need more options in this case I certainly think he is far better than both Fred and Mctominay even though they are all very different players . but that is my opinion , I think he will end up at Barca and we will asking in a year or two why we didn't sign him .

beingshe7don

So you think he will just come to be a reserve behind Pogba and Bruno when he has his pick of clubs where he would be a instant starter?
He's not gonna be a starter at Real or Barcelona. And if you want to call Bernardo Silva or Mahrez as being 'reserve', sure, I think he would come and be a 'reserve'. Pogba and Bruno are not going to be playing every single game throughout the season.
If Van De Beek puts in great performances, whose to say he couldn't bench Pogba or Bruno for that matter. Pogba and Bruno are not untouchables.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He's linked with Koeman's Barca now.
So without checking the news I trolled my barca supporting friend that v/d Beek has been linked to barca because 1+1=2 (koeman -> dutch -> van der beek clubless = heheheheh).

Five minutes later I come to this thread and see it’s true? Or have the journalists been doing the same maths as I have.

beingshe7don

If we didn't waste so much time on getting Sancho, we could have gotten deals done for Ferran Torres (25m), Van De Beek (25m), Badiashile (20m), Partey (40m) and Raul Jiminez (30m)... That's all for 140m which is about 32m more than what we are required to pay for Sancho alone.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If we didn't waste so much time on getting Sancho, we could have gotten deals done for Ferran Torres (25m), Van De Beek (25m), Badiashile (20m), Partey (40m) and Raul Jiminez (30m)... That's all for 140m which is about 32m more than what we are required to pay for Sancho alone.
Cool. No thanks.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
PL starts next month and Ed/Judge have not bought anyone. :(

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not quite how it works, though, is it?

NM

Sure - while we are playing football manager let's also get Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and Mbappe. It's that easy!

This isn't how football works. Torres wanted to go to Man City, and we certainly don't need another average striker in Jimenez. Glad you are not running our transfer business

beingshe7don

Sure - while we are playing football manager let's also get Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and Mbappe. It's that easy!

This isn't how football works. Torres wanted to go to Man City, and we certainly don't need another average striker in Jimenez. Glad you are not running our transfer business
You clearly don't understand football. Calling Jiminez an average striker pretty much says it all.

beingshe7don

Not quite how it works, though, is it?
The point I was trying to make was we should get other deals done if the Sancho one will take time. We are going to run out of our options if we focus on Sancho and the other clubs decide to go after our options in other positions.

shahzy

No one should be guaranteeing a new player first xi straight away. He should be told that we would like you to come however he would need to fend off competition from Pogba and bruno.

Besides there are plenty of games to go around. This mentality that only 1 good player in 1 position leaves us with no depth. No ability to rest without severely weakening the team

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Point is there is value in the market which for some reason we are not willing to exploit.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Nah, we'll still be wasting time pretending to do deals only to finish them on deadline day

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why would any of these players the fees you want to sign them for ? Jiminez for 30 million :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Point is there is value in the market which for some reason we are not willing to exploit.
While that's true half the time people claim we have deadwood and players who aren't elite and wouldn't get into Madrid and Barcelona teams. Well now we are trying to sign a player would get into those teams. My only gripe is that were making a hash of it.

NYAS

You clearly don't understand football. Calling Jiminez an average striker pretty much says it all.
Actually it’s both of you who don’t understand football, him for thinking he’s average and you for thinking he’s available for 30m.

NM

That I understand but our club is ver poorly run. We are trying to be Galacticos - no plan, just buy the shiny toys and hope they work.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His goal scoring record isn't exactly above average. Although I do believe he is better than average he does seem a tad overrated

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That I understand but our club is ver poorly run. We are trying to be Galacticos - no plan, just buy the shiny toys and hope they work.
United seem to always follow the same path. The manager comes in, he gives a quick look to the squad and he decides that half of it is not good for his gameplay. The board gives him absolute power on transfers and he gets the players he want in his first year as manager. Unfortunately since his job is different than that of a scout, he's got little to no idea of the market and he'll stick to players to know. For example Moyes went for Fellaini after spending the entire summer chasing Fabregas, LVG brought the likes of Valdes, Bastian, Blind, Depay and Rojo, Mou went for Matic, Lukaku and wanted Willian while our Ole went for Maguire, Haaland, King, AWB etc. Turns out that these players are either not good enough and/or two expensive which lead to the owners pulling the plug as the success brought does not match the investment made. Which leads to frustration, the manager's sacking and a new manager coming in, which usually has a different approach to the game then the former manager.

This system lead with managers feeling betrayed by the board and scouts feeling that they had been ignored. For example Langley suggested De Ligt, De Jong and Upamecano while Jorge Alvial suggested Alphonso Davies and Pulisic.

We need to move our system to modern times. The age when managers managed the football side with the board limiting themselves in forking money is over. We need more people at board level who understand football and can make sure that the club doesn't get screwed which include a DOF. Managers are still important but they can't be considered better scouts then scouts. Meanwhile money people can't be considered better transfer negotiators then people who does that for a living.

Slysi17

I typed up a reply, but I deleted it. Just wanted to call out your stupidity. Not rating a striker means I don't understand football when I've followed and played it for 20+ years :lol::lol::lol:.
2000+ posts and I feel bad for those responding. On to the blocked list you go. Moron
Sorry but your just as bad. No need to call the guy a moron.

Reactions: golden_blunder

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Actually it’s both of you who don’t understand football, him for thinking he’s average and you for thinking he’s available for 30m.
Also lot of different figures for Torres too.

starman

He's not gonna be a starter at Real or Barcelona. And if you want to call Bernardo Silva or Mahrez as being 'reserve', sure, I think he would come and be a 'reserve'. Pogba and Bruno are not going to be playing every single game throughout the season.
If Van De Beek puts in great performances, whose to say he couldn't bench Pogba or Bruno for that matter. Pogba and Bruno are not untouchables.
I never mentioned those clubs, but its not like Barca are stacked in midfield and with Koeman now there I don't see why he cant be a first team signing.
Obviously it would be great if he is willing to come but I just dont see him moving to a club a where he is automatically a reserve from the get go.

starman

No one should be guaranteeing a new player first xi straight away. He should be told that we would like you to come however he would need to fend off competition from Pogba and bruno.

Besides there are plenty of games to go around. This mentality that only 1 good player in 1 position leaves us with no depth. No ability to rest without severely weakening the team
Plenty of players are, Bruno, AWB, Maguire, Pogba, Lukaku they would have all known when they signed they were being signed as first team players, if they lose their place that's a different story, but initially it would be on the faith of the manager intending them to be first team players, I think the same will apply to VDB

Status
Not open for further replies.