Donny van de Beek | van de Beek's father: "[Moving to United] a dream come true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I rate VDB highly. He's technically gifted, he's got an eye for goal, his passing is great, he's hardworking and tenacious, he's the entire package. If Pogba was leaving then he would have been my prime candidate for his role and at 35m-40m we should be all over this signing.

However, I can't see VDB walking straight into our team. Honestly I can't see any CM whose not a top quality DM doing that. Some people seem to forget that we've got two WC players there in Pogba and Bruno. Unless we're talking of a Scholes/Zidane level of player then any player would struggle going into our CM.

It's a shame that we didn't planned our transfer strategy wisely. Ziyech, VDB and Tagliafico on let's say 100m-120m would have sorted most of our problems. I am sure VDS would have helped on that regard.

RUCK4444

I rate VDB highly. He's technically gifted, he's got an eye for goal, his passing is great, he's hardworking and tenacious, he's the entire package. If Pogba was leaving then he would have been my prime candidate for his role and at 35m-40m we should be all over this signing.

However, I can't see VDB walking straight into our team. Honestly I can't see any CM whose not a top quality DM doing that. Some people seem to forget that we've got two WC players there in Pogba and Bruno. Unless we're talking of a Scholes/Zidane level of player then any player would struggle going into our CM.
This is my thoughts exactly. If he’s not a top level CDM then he’s a rotation option at best.

Hes not better than Bruno or Pogba in their relative positions therefore to get into our first 11 he has to be better than Matic in his position.

I don’t think anybody is unhappy at this potential signing but many including myself want that starting 11 improved, eating into what seems a limited budget must only serve to deplete our spending power for the likes of Sancho.

Hester_manc

I do not see the point in signing him. We already have Fred, McTominay (my favorite player), Matic and Pogba for the central midfield. In my opinion, he is a bit reminiscent of Fred in both playing style and level. I'm not a big fan of Matic, although he's had a long period where he flourished again. He's too slow and will be finished soon. If we buy a new central midfielder, it must be in his place. I'd rather see us buy a central defender, a left back and maybe a right wing.

-Supreme-

You couldn't be further from the mark. Try comparing his stats with KDB's, they're nothing alike. KDB dominates possession and creates a lot. DVB's more like an CAM version of Scott McTominay, which is fine as a back-up as long as the price is low enough. His game is all about driving the team forward. He can't dominate play, he's not a good enough passer.
I was only comparing their style of play, obviously he isn’t as good as KDB as he’d be a 100m player otherwise.

He looks like a very intelligent player with great movement and decision making.

He isn’t a flashy player with flair nor he does Pogba style of passes so he can be overlooked by some people,

devilish

This is my thoughts exactly. If he’s not a top level CDM then he’s a rotation option at best.

Hes not better than Bruno or Pogba in their relative positions therefore to get into our first 11 he has to be better than Matic in his position.

I don’t think anybody is unhappy at this potential signing but many including myself want that starting 11 improved, eating into what seems a limited budget must only serve to deplete our spending power for the likes of Sancho.

He will provide great competition to Pogba and Bruno. Honestly if I was Paul I would be shitting in my pants right now as the day of dilly dallying with the ball only to lose it carelessly would be over.

I love this signing. It's the right type of player at the right fee. However LB, CB and RW need more tlc

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I agree. That being said, it is fairly obvious OGS dont rate the option we have to Bruno and Pogba. These two will, including international games, be first choice for 60 games the next ten months. Maybe even more. That is a minimum of 6 games each month on average. To bring in a player that could be an option to both of them makes sense.

If the game time was distributed evenly on them, each of them could play approx 40 games the next ten months.

That would imply alot less game time for McTominay, but according to OGS he is considered an option to Matic. It will be a fight between him and Fred then.

Bondi77

He will provide great competition to Pogba and Bruno. Honestly if I was Paul I would be shitting in my pants right now as the day of dilly dallying with the ball only to lose it carelessly would be over.

I love this signing. It's the right type of player at the right fee. However LB, CB and RW need more tlc
I think if we do sign him than Pogba is not going to get a big pay rise if he renews his contract....he does not deserve it anyway.

Leonzo1

CM is the only position in the squad that we have decent rotation options for in Fred and Mctominay. It's not like we are going on a spending spree this summer so if we have a limited budget I really don't understand why we are spending a decent chunk of it on another CM. The priorities should be: RW, DM, LB and CB in that order.

Idxomer

Again with this nonsense, when healthy Pogba will always be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

48 hours

Bayern will probably swoop in and get him for €30 million after selling Thiago whilst Ed monitors the action

izec

We should be buying a DM as well, but we won't. RW, DM and CB (maybe LB as well, since Shaw can't keep fit) is a must for me. You strengthen the first eleven and the squad subsequently as well. But we only get linked with Sancho, VdB and CBs so far.

red4ever 79

Even though our Starting XI needs improving, so does our depth of quality in the squad. No issues with this signing at all if it means less or no game time for Andreas/Mata and Lingard

devilish

Again with this nonsense, when healthy Pogba will always be one of the first names on the teamsheet.
I am a huge Pogba fan. Characteristics wise he is immense. He's tall, he's technically gifted, he's strong and he's fast. However his decision making is meah. He dribble when he should pass and he is a liability when we are defending

VDB is less talented then he is but he is more of a United type of CM then he is. The guy is great in all areas of his game. Unless Pogba doesn't find his consistency then the gap between the two will get wafer thin

Sparky Rhiwabon

He’s not a CDM at all, he’s more a “box-to-box” like Pogba, Fred and McTominay - those are his competition, Matic has none as it stands.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He’s not a CDM at all, he’s more a “box-to-box” like Pogba, Fred and McTominay - those are his competition, Matic has none as it stands.
United dropped off in an attacking sense throughout the season, defensively they were fine the majority of the season, so it's easy to see why VBD and attackers are being bought first.

welshwingwizard

If he is the right player for Ole then let's get him. However, if it's just because he is cheaper than better players then it's just a waste. It's mentality that brought us Dan James.

Sancho is one of the best and can play left and centre as well as right so could cover Bruno too. He is guaranteed to be a hit, would either stay for the rest of his career or would be sold at a profit even if bought for what I see as a easonable fee Dortmund want.

Grealish can also cover Bruno whilst also giving needed competition to rashford whilst he is out of form or when he is needed up top. He can play on the right to fight it out with Greenwood as well as drop back potentially. He is a leader and premiership proven just waiting for the step up.

Don't go for the cheap option. Go for the one who will be here in years to come because they were a good buy. Nobody remembers keane, Ferdinand, rooney or ronaldo being the huge fees they were at the time because they seemed a bargain in retrospect.

red4ever 79

If he is the right player for Ole then let's get him. However, if it's just because he is cheaper than better players then it's just a waste. It's mentality that brought us Dan James.

Sancho is one of the best and can play left and centre as well as right so could cover Bruno too. He is guaranteed to be a hit, would either stay for the rest of his career or would be sold at a profit even if bought for what I see as a easonable fee Dortmund want.

Grealish can also cover Bruno whilst also giving needed competition to rashford whilst he is out of form or when he is needed up top. He can play on the right to fight it out with Greenwood as well as drop back potentially. He is a leader and premiership proven just waiting for the step up.

Don't go for the cheap option. Go for the one who will be here in years to come because they were a good buy. Nobody remembers keane, Ferdinand, rooney or ronaldo being the huge fees they were at the time because they seemed a bargain in retrospect.
Ronaldo was bought for 12m

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Here's Ajax' van de Beek song. We should bring that too when he comes.

Song starts to take shape around 0:14
Dutch is good making footballers chant. I remember the PSV Park Ji Sung one was also good one.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Bit of a mystery to me, buying a CM, if the stories are true (wouldn't surprise me if once again United are being used to get a different club to buy him), then it can only mean a CM is likely to be sold, which would be Pogba or Fred. I think we are quite strong in that area, so it's a no go as far as I'm concerned, decent player though.

Himannv

I do not see the point in signing him. We already have Fred, McTominay (my favorite player), Matic and Pogba for the central midfield. In my opinion, he is a bit reminiscent of Fred in both playing style and level. I'm not a big fan of Matic, although he's had a long period where he flourished again. He's too slow and will be finished soon. If we buy a new central midfielder, it must be in his place. I'd rather see us buy a central defender, a left back and maybe a right wing.
I think the staff see McT and Fred as options to play in place of Matic (although I personally think those two have a different skill set), but they don't have as much backup for Bruno or Pogba. Fatigue is obviously a problem so I think this signing fixes that issue at the very least without us relying on Lingard and Pereira.

red4ever 79

Bit of a mystery to me, buying a CM, if the stories are true (wouldn't surprise me if once again United are being used to get a different club to buy him), then it can only mean a CM is likely to be sold, which would be Pogba or Fred. I think we are quite strong in that area, so it's a no go as far as I'm concerned, decent player though.
Strong in that area?
Matic Pogba Bruni
Fred McTom Andreas Lingard Mata

4 of those are shite

devilish

What if the more expensive option is because of nationality?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Matic, Bruno, Fred, Pogba and McTominay isn't enough to cover 3 positions. We've had 2 seasons of evidence.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
If OGS wants him, in these commercially constrainted times, I’m sure he solves several issues identified in post lockdown run, and has the big data to back that up.

I’m fine if he is being acquired to strengthen the squad at a minimum, also expecting he will develop further. Ajax players all have impeccable football basics. And we should also expect that he will improve with pogba, Bruno and Martial around him.

Frown what I know he has fantastic mentality, is a warrior type figure and has amazing stamina to match his classical football skills.

Get him, a similar profile CB and Sancho and it’s great business.
Pretty much this. DVB is quality and not only our midfield but our squad in general would be much stronger. This would be very good business.

Siorac

Sure, but Pereira is not that important anyway, and he hardly played since Bruno came. If Donny comes, then probably one of McTominay and Fred is not gonna have enough matches. I know that the season is very long, but both Pogba and Bruno are extremely fit, and Donny is gonna replace them when we rest them (or they are injured). Which leaves the other 3 players (Matic, McTominay and Fred) fighting for one position.
Out of those three, Fred should be the last one pwe get rid of. I'm not a huge fan of either Matic or McTominay.
Why my white text didn't show up? Oops.
All white texts look the same anyway.

Slysi17

And you think what Aston Villa are demanding for Grealish is reasonable. It's frankly ridiculous what Aston Villa are demanding. He is worth 40 million pounds at most. Makes total sense to go for Van De Beek. Ajax are demanding a pretty reasonable transfer fee compared to Aston Villa. Van De Beek is nothing like Dan James. He is actually playing at a high level. Bit silly to compare the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.