Douglas Costa - The Spitter

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Diego Costa would have to retire.
Yeah that’s the point. That fecker is doing it every single game all the time and it bears no consequences.

Not saying it’s the case here at all though. Costa shouldn’t have done that regardless.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If Costa has a clean bill of health then the health risk isn't high. It would still be revolting but not much harm done in the end.
And there is spit everywhere on the pitch, football players are like llamas.

Karappa

As expected only a little slap on the wrist 4 game ban for elbowing, headbutting and spitting... Appalling decision that shows judges in sports are just as weak, stupid and lenient as in other parts of life...

red4ever 79

As expected only a little slap on the wrist 4 game ban for elbowing, headbutting and spitting... Appalling decision that shows judges in sports are just as weak, stupid and lenient as in other parts of life...
Would have been much harsher in England.

BlueHaze

Is this serious??? He elbowed a guy, headbutted him followed by doing a Carragher in his mouth and he only gets away with 4 games? Remember when Rooney got 3 or 4 games for saying feck in front of a camera? This sport is rapidly going downhill.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Just a 4 game ban? This is shameful!!
Rashford got 3 games for what he did. Costa, has 3 worse offences within 5 minutes of the same game. How can he only get a 4 game ban?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
That is such a poor advertisement for the Serie A.

Costa gets the most attention of anything bar Ronaldo's hairstyle in that league this season, it's all negative, and the league responds by letting a player for the seven-in-a-row champions off easily, generating more negative publicity.

wankers.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not really surprised by the punishment. It's sport, expecting some sort of consistent/fair system is a pipe dream.

Over the weekend, I can't recall which EPL match it was, but a defender almost booted a forwards head off his body with his boot. The defender got a yellow for it. It reminded me instantly of that Nani red card in UCL, which still pisses me off to this day. Then there was also de Jong's famous karate chop on Alonso in the WC final.

pensionator

Supports
Juventus
A 4 game ban is a normal punishment. Actually in all other precedents for similar cases the punishment was a 3 game ban.

As to the elbowing and stuff, that couldn’t have been punished because the referee already sanctioned him on the pitch. He deemed that was worth a yellow card (should have been a red but you get what I mean).

In any case, Di Francesco is a fascist so he got what he deserved.

It’s not a coincidence that Costa apologize to fans and team mates but not to Di Francesco. To someone pointing that out on Twitter he just said “you don’t know what he told me”. This is a Materazzi-Zidane situation, he lost his mind because Di Francesco just like Materazzi is a huge prick (and among other things he intentionally elbowed Costa literally 2 minutes before the episode).

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not to sound stupid but that picture is not showing much of anything, could easily be waving for all we know. Also, it's in Italian and most of us (me included) do not speak Italian, maybe get an English source?
It's saying it was all a misunderstanding

Dunno what kind of misunderstanding though, the image is pretty clear. Dunno how you can work that into a part of a normal celebration...

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
It's saying it was all a misunderstanding

Dunno what kind of misunderstanding though, the image is pretty clear. Dunno how you can work that into a part of a normal celebration...
Well his arm that's extended is cut off, I can't tell if it is a fascist salute or a wave.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well his arm that's extended is cut off, I can't tell if it is a fascist salute or a wave.
Left arm behind the back, right arm extended slightly forward...yeah, it's hard to misunderstand

Though i do think it likely he didn't actually know its significance and picked it up from the ultras

T A

Only 2 starts in 16 CL + Serie A games. We must do whatever it takes to rescue him. This golden opportunity only comes once in a lifetime. Costa will easily be our Mane, a big upgrade on the right wing

Trizy

Only 2 starts in 16 CL + Serie A games. We must do whatever it takes to rescue him. This golden opportunity only comes once in a lifetime. Costa will easily be our Mane, a big upgrade on the right wing
I would agree but surely there is a reason he's not starting? Or is it because Dybala occupies the right wing area?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He was banned and had an injury, he'll play a lot more often in the rest of the season.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I would agree but surely there is a reason he's not starting? Or is it because Dybala occupies the right wing area?
Maybe Juve figured out what Bayern already knows.

James Peril

I’m pretty big when it comes to forgiving idiotic and disgusting behavior on the pitch, but what he did with that spitting makes me think he should be denied a transfer to United. Would I say the same if Messi did it and wanted to sign for us? Probably not

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think Allegri prefers the balance Cuardrado offers.
Would be great if we could get him on a cut price deal.

Funky Futurista

Seems like we're being offered Perisic in the january window, so I'm sure Mourinho will be all over that.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
Allegri rates him and dont think is willing to sell him. It was bought just a few months ago. He is usually used as a substitute when teams are more tired and it has worked. He has been inconsistent this year but I think is because he struggled to find his rhythm after the suspension.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrEleson

No thanks, aint good enough for Juve or Bayern then he aint good enough for us. Disgusting cnut too.
You're very mistaken. He's in the top 3 attacking players at Juve. He just hasn't played as much due to a combination of injuries and suspension. Plus, Juve have enough options to just ease him in when he has come back from injury. As the season wears on, he'll probably be one of their most important players (like last season). He's better than any attacking player at United at the moment.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Well,we're a few notches below those two,especially Juve,so yes he is good enough for us.
No he's not good enough. If better players than him are struggling here right now, Costa won't hack it especially with his inconsistency.

He's struggling to play consistently well in a perfectly well functioning team like Juventus, coming here would be a disaster.

We've seen the likes of Sanchez, Di Maria who happened to be better players than Costa currently is when they came to us and failed to make it because of the mess we're currently in. Adding an inconsistent player like Costa to our team would just mean piling up more overpaid players on the bench because it won't take long before he's benched due to his inconsistency.

the_irish123

No he's not good enough. If better players than him are struggling here right now, Costa won't hack it especially with his inconsistency.

He's struggling to play consistently well in a perfectly well functioning team like Juventus, coming here would be a disaster.

We've seen the likes of Sanchez, Di Maria who happened to be better players than Costa currently is when they came to us and failed to make it because of the mess we're currently in. Adding an inconsistent player like Costa to our team would just mean piling up more overpaid players on the bench because it won't take long before he's benched due to his inconsistency.
He doesn’t really need an organized team to shine imo. Anyways, Juve won’t let him go like that, they are very smart and know his talent.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Who should we sign then? There are only a handful of players that are better than Sanchez or Di Maria were when they signed for us.

Mike Smalling

The spitting thing aside, he would improve us massively I feel. To actually have some who is comfortable on the right wing, has a bit of pace and is able to take one defenders would be great! Currently we are so reliant on our left side with Martial and Shaw.

Kostov

Someone better, he's a good player but he isn't gonna transform us. Check his career stats, what's he gonna provide? Ten goals a season at the absolute best.

Why did you :lol:?
WIDTH! :lol:

Seriously, we don't have a single RW in the squad, Douglas Costa could bring that dribbling and running at defenders from the right side.