Music Drake

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

TheReligion

Abusive
I loved the Chicago freestyle, that felt like the Drake I grew up with. He's confirmed his new album is coming soon, he said it's going to be a lot shorter album than Scorpion, something NWTS style. (for me his best album)

:lol:
We could split it three ways. It seems @FootyGirl88 is a fan. If she's flutters her eyelashes he might knock a bit off.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Drake has almost certainly made more enjoyable 7 out of 10 songs than any other Rapper, ever. I listen to his shit all the time.

He’s made fewer 10 out of 10 songs than the best 50 Rappers of all time though. That’s weird.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I have to say I can’t stand his songs, they all sound the same.

MyOnlySolskjaer

I have to say I can’t stand his songs, they all sound the same.
Lazy comment. If you don't like him, you don't like him. But that just isn't true. His diversity is why he's stayed so relevant for the last decade whilst many have fallen.

He probably has the most diverse palet of tracks, taking inspiration from UK Drill, Afro-beats, RnB, Reggaeton, Hip-hop etc.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Created with the sole intention of becoming the next viral trend with people all doing the same thing on tictok or whatever.
Yeah. I don't really like his music but he's clearly one of the most intelligent artists in music. Knows exactly how to play the game.

hubbuh

Yeah. I don't really like his music but he's clearly one of the most intelligent artists in music. Knows exactly how to play the game.
So intelligent that he gets other people to write his bars? He's very well marketed, packaged and his team know when and which culture/sound to fiend off. I like some of Drake's stuff, but he's extremely basic.

Raven

Drake is hands down the most annoying artist in the world for me. Can't go anywhere without hearing his worthless songs and have absolute Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime telling me I'm an idiot that doesn't understand music for not liking them.

An incredibly basic pop artist that I would have in the same category as Justin Bieber.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So intelligent that he gets other people to write his bars? He's very well marketed, packaged and his team know when and which culture/sound to fiend off. I like some of Drake's stuff, but he's extremely basic.
Definitely. He gets people to do that but do people that listen to his music care? Not one bit. He's built that team around him and he is the artist with the highest-certified digital singles ever, beating next placed Rihanna by 40m. Things like Hotling Bling and Toosie Slide are certified bangers in the social media world and he and his team know it. They aren't stupid.

I've no doubt that Drake could probably make better music but why would you when songs like Toosie Slide with Drake associated with them will bang.

Ludens the Red

Lazy comment. If you don't like him, you don't like him. But that just isn't true. His diversity is why he's stayed so relevant for the last decade whilst many have fallen.

He probably has the most diverse palet of tracks, taking inspiration from UK Drill, Afro-beats, RnB, Reggaeton, Hip-hop etc.
Aye, and like @SilentWitness says, he plays the game when he releases songs like toosie slide, which for sure is an abysmal and horrific record but when you’ve got millions upon millions of Jesse Lingard type characters all over the place, it makes perfect sense.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Worth listening to?
Yeah I think so, it does its job as a mixtape and showcases some good songs. May as well listen during lockdown.

There's no real theme/structure to this mixtape. You have tributes to Eminem in "Chicago Freestyle", then you have UK Drill flows in "War" so it's a bit all over the place in that regard but all in all it's a likeable mixtape, I have to admit, none of the tracks beats Chicago Freestyle (which was released a couple months back)

Summer project (album) also confirmed in 2020. So can't wait for that.

hubbuh

Definitely. He gets people to do that but do people that listen to his music care? Not one bit. He's built that team around him and he is the artist with the highest-certified digital singles ever, beating next placed Rihanna by 40m. Things like Hotling Bling and Toosie Slide are certified bangers in the social media world and he and his team know it. They aren't stupid.

I've no doubt that Drake could probably make better music but why would you when songs like Toosie Slide with Drake associated with them will bang.
Really?! He's been in the game long enough - think you're giving him far too much credit. He's chosen his lane, which is pop/businessman hybrid megastar. There's just a lot more intelligent music being released that doesn't have the sole aim of attempting to capitalise on the explosion of Tik Tok. Different artists are motivated by different things (obviously), Drake's is number of downloads/streams.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's done a brilliant job of creating his brand, his loyal followers and creating songs which appeal to a certain fanbase.

For those who were rap fans, of say Tribe called quest, Wu Tang, etc, do they also enjoy Drake? Or is it just pop that's his thing. Even if that is the case, I don't find his songs catchy or creative so maybe its just me.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m no fan of Drake but it’s a bit weird that the article completely brushes past the woman trying to impregnate herself by taking a used condom out of the bin.

She’s got some nerve making “accusations” about him when that’s what she was trying to pull.