Gaming EA FC 24

EvilChuck

Why would you use Valverde in a SBC?
I'm never going to use him, and I love an SBC player so pretty much everyone I pack is fodder. At the moment the only tradeable players I have are Courtois (until I can finish Schmeichel) and Bonmati. Reat of the 11 (and bench) are SBC/Evos

Eddy_JukeZ

Anyone have any recommendations for prem or ligue 1/french midfielders (I have around 80k to spend). I play 4-2-4 and my current CM's are KDB and B.Silva. Wouldn't mind changing Silva for someone who's a bit more of an all rounder.
Tchouameni if you can link him. Some pros were using him a month ago.

He's not as good now, but probably good for the coins you have. If you can link Jude's gold, I'd use him over anyone in that price range.

NeglectedGoat

Tchouameni if you can link him. Some pros were using him a month ago.

He's not as good now, but probably good for the coins you have. If you can link Jude's gold, I'd use him over anyone in that price range.
Thanks mate, I'll try Tchouameni and see how I find him.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I have a lot of fodder sitting around and don't know what to do with it..I have 3 options:

-Go for POTM Salah (bleahhh...I know he's meta in game but don't like him IRL)
-Stoichov, really wanted to do him before trying his loan in a couple of friendlies and he is absolutely dreadful, for me at least
-Wait for another top player SBC which will come, no one knows when, would love to see a Cantona SBC.

I can't afford POTM Mbappe when he will come but I have around 1 Mil worth of untradable fodder.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Even if the keeper gets to it, it is a corner and you can only pray that van Dijk or Blanc won't score :lol: Should definitely patch those two things

I hit a wall in div 4 as well. It's really crazy, in previous titles I played less and made my way to div 1 or elite. The average quality of opponents seems incredibly high, there are barely any easy wins anymore and most tend to get the basics right. Wonder whether they adjusted the matchmaking a bit or many rather casual players skipped the game because of the rebranding
Apparently most casuals have left and you can see why. Unless you're persistent or pretty good at the game then you're getting smashed and it's not worth playing. I cruised div 5 but finding it tough in div 4, I'll need to adjust or get better to go any further. The meta abuse is next level and it's shameless the extent people go to in higher divisions to hit those finesse/cutbacks/corners.

pocco

loco
I have a lot of fodder sitting around and don't know what to do with it..I have 3 options:

-Go for POTM Salah (bleahhh...I know he's meta in game but don't like him IRL)
-Stoichov, really wanted to do him before trying his loan in a couple of friendlies and he is absolutely dreadful, for me at least
-Wait for another top player SBC which will come, no one knows when, would love to see a Cantona SBC.

I can't afford POTM Mbappe when he will come but I have around 1 Mil worth of untradable fodder.
I'd wait. If you don't like Salah then you won't enjoy using him even if he's scoring stupid goals. Soon there'll be top level icons and other good SBCs, use them there and enjoy the game more.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Apparently most casuals have left and you can see why. Unless you're persistent or pretty good at the game then you're getting smashed and it's not worth playing. I cruised div 5 but finding it tough in div 4, I'll need to adjust or get better to go any further. The meta abuse is next level and it's shameless the extent people go to in higher divisions to hit those finesse/cutbacks/corners.
Same for me. Div 5 was pretty easy but 4 is extremely difficult. I try to focus on improving and seeing it as a challenge but it is difficult to not get salty when the long shots keep flying in. Then again there are enough players who can still get very good results constantly so I guess there is still lots of room for improvement.

I'd wait. If you don't like Salah then you won't enjoy using him even if he's scoring stupid goals. Soon there'll be top level icons and other good SBCs, use them there and enjoy the game more.
Considering how good (and relatively cheap) gold Salah is already at converting those long shots I'm not sure if his SBC is worth the invest. Stoichkov though seems pretty good for me, his R1 is crazy and he also has the finesse shot trait.

But I hope they'll patch it anyway so it may be worth waiting for a change of meta.

padr81

Supports
Man City
So I bought this instead of fm cause I'm an idiot. Haven't played since 21 and it's the same game just a little bit worse.

Even worse than that, can't find a match in friendlies, and matchmaking in rivals takes an eternity. Is this ball of shite dead already this year?

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I will probably wait, I have gold Salah untradeable anyway, he is good, but I was hoping for a nice icon SBC.

Same for me. Div 5 was pretty easy but 4 is extremely difficult. I try to focus on improving and seeing it as a challenge but it is difficult to not get salty when the long shots keep flying in. Then again there are enough players who can still get very good results constantly so I guess there is still lots of room for improvement.

Considering how good (and relatively cheap) gold Salah is already at converting those long shots I'm not sure if his SBC is worth the invest. Stoichkov though seems pretty good for me, his R1 is crazy and he also has the finesse shot trait.

But I hope they'll patch it anyway so it may be worth waiting for a change of meta.
I was missing every shot with his loan card, without a chem style in friendlies. I currently have IF Son and Hero R Keane up front which I find far more lethal then Stoichov.

So I bought this instead of fm cause I'm an idiot. Haven't played since 21 and it's the same game just a little bit worse.

Even worse than that, can't find a match in friendlies, and matchmaking in rivals takes an eternity. Is this ball of shite dead already this year?
I find matches within seconds, what platform are you playing on?
I agree about the game quality part, it's worse every year now and I haven't played the last 2 Fifa's also.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I will probably wait, I have gold Salah untradeable anyway, he is good, but I was hoping for a nice icon SBC.

I was missing every shot with his loan card, without a chem style in friendlies. I currently have IF Son and Hero R Keane up front which I find far more lethal then Stoichov.

I find matches within seconds, what platform are you playing on?
I agree about the game quality part, it's worse every year now and I haven't played the last 2 Fifa's also.
PS5, I think it was because I was behind the curve so no games in division 10, 9 etc... probably one of those curves wehre everyone is stuck between divisions 6 and 4. Now I'm up to 6 and matches come much quicker. I read theres skill based matchmaking in friendlies too so likely explains my early struggles.

The meta this year is 71 depth + dropback and spam timed finesse from out of the box? Every goal I concede is either that or a cutback (as is almost every goal I score in fairness). I feel theres something weird with finesse shots where the keep dives stupidly ala was it 19? I've often put them straight down the centre of the goal only for the keep to do a weird backwards diving animation and they go in, whereas they keep out hard straight shots from 12 yards like they're prime Schmichael (the real one, not the trash one on the game).

Haven't built any kind of a team worth talking about yet and only got Owen from the Icon SBC (which is not bad for 3 days of play I suppose).
Have to say one thing I really do enjoy is Lauren Hemps crossing with the playstyle plus she has for it, she's like Beckham at his peak, score quite a few header between her crossing and that objective Jota's heading ability.

Still wrapping my head around the new chem system for sbc's but getting there slowly.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
PS5, I think it was because I was behind the curve so no games in division 10, 9 etc... probably one of those curves wehre everyone is stuck between divisions 6 and 4. Now I'm up to 6 and matches come much quicker. I read theres skill based matchmaking in friendlies too so likely explains my early struggles.

The meta this year is 71 depth + dropback and spam timed finesse from out of the box? Every goal I concede is either that or a cutback (as is almost every goal I score in fairness). I feel theres something weird with finesse shots where the keep dives stupidly ala was it 19? I've often put them straight down the centre of the goal only for the keep to do a weird backwards diving animation and they go in, whereas they keep out hard straight shots from 12 yards like they're prime Schmichael (the real one, not the trash one on the game).

Haven't built any kind of a team worth talking about yet and only got Owen from the Icon SBC (which is not bad for 3 days of play I suppose).
Have to say one thing I really do enjoy is Lauren Hemps crossing with the playstyle plus she has for it, she's like Beckham at his peak, score quite a few header between her crossing and that objective Jota's heading ability.

Still wrapping my head around the new chem system for sbc's but getting there slowly.
You can also enable crossplay if you want to find more opponents, but like you said it was certainly because you have just started playing.
Meta is like you described, 71 depth for pressing like crazy, run on the wing for a cutback or finesses from outside the box. Also corners but that can be contained up to a certain point.
Game play is boring and repetitive.

You need very good CB's, fast players on the wings and strikers who can finish. Finesse shot playstyle is the most OP this year.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You can also enable crossplay if you want to find more opponents, but like you said it was certainly because you have just started playing.
Meta is like you described, 71 depth for pressing like crazy, run on the wing for a cutback or finesses from outside the box. Also corners but that can be contained up to a certain point.
Game play is boring and repetitive.

You need very good CB's, fast players on the wings and strikers who can finish. Finesse shot playstyle is the most OP this year.
Cheers dude, will see how long I last with it.

EvilChuck

Also a lot of the higher level players are sand bagging because the objectives in friendlies are tied to your rivals rank, so there's still SBMM even in friendlies. I got to elite in S1, but couldnt get out of D2 last season, and now am in D4 with a load of people who realistically should be in elite still

pocco

loco
Also a lot of the higher level players are sand bagging because the objectives in friendlies are tied to your rivals rank, so there's still SBMM even in friendlies. I got to elite in S1, but couldnt get out of D2 last season, and now am in D4 with a load of people who realistically should be in elite still
Yeah I did suspect that also. I've been playing about with tactics and formations the last couple of nights and nearly in div 3, which is quite a frightening prospect!

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yesterday was brutal I played about 12 games and got 7-0'd about 7 times (I refuse to quit even if 15-0 to come cnut who's afraid to play people his own level). Think I lost 11 in a row by an average of 5 goals in Division 7.
Things have balanced out a bit today going back to win one lose one.

gormless

Haven’t bought FIFA since 2018. I would just play career mode or whatever it’s called nowadays. I see initially decent reviews but then talk about gameplay exploits etc making it get old real quick. Is it worth it for 35 quid on PS store?

EvilChuck

What a weekend for packs I have had. Got the RTTK Modric in my WL rewards, Trailblazer Son from the 87+ SBC, and then bought one of the supreme packs from the store, with a base icon and whatnot.... had Bobby Moore, Centurion Rashford, and Thunderbolt Puskas in the same pack.

Team is looking juicy now, and is easily the best team I have had in any Ultimate Team. Play in a 433(4) in game.

Gk Schmeichel

LB Selma Bacha RTTK
RB Ashleigh Neville TT
CB Blanc
CB Vidic

CM Bonmati
CM Modric RTTK
CAM Puskas

LW Rashford Centurion
RW Rodrygo TB/Evo Inma Gabarra
ST Son TB

Cant wait to get 11 wins still :lol:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Manual passing and shooting settings made Career mode payable until about 10 games in when I started winning every single one about 6-0.

Also its not really manual. Just un-auto enough to actually feel like you have some kind of semi control over what's going on.

It got me through the 10 hours of free play at least, which elevates it above e-football which if anything should compensate me for however many hours of my life it has taken from me (probably about 2).

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
17 wins back to back after the 20-0, that 20-0 was probably quite lucky with 2 free wins. Some of the matches I lost, I really shouldnt have. Just figured that I was playing Carmona with a basic chem, forgot to put Shadow.

Changed my team, now I am using.

89 - Schmeichel

85 - Carvajal EVO
88 - Vidic Centurion
87 - Cordoba
88 - Cancelo Trailblazers

92 - Pirlo
93 - Modric RTTK

89 - Neymar
88 - Joao Pedro RTTK
88 - Joe Cole Centurion
90 - Saka RTTK

Rebuilt the team during work, can't wait to play it. If Joe Cole and Saka aren't good in-game, I will sell them and replace them with George Best and SIF Doku.

Have a lot of great players on the bench as well, I have only faced two opponents who had significantly better teams.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I've played about 8 games and the best player I own outright is 87 - Barella :lol:

I do have Haaland on a 99 game loan and Icon Henrik Larsson on 24 game loan. The rest of team is littered with random PL players the best of which is Thiago Silva.

EvilChuck

Black Friday SBCs have given me so many players, that I cant even use them all. I packed Popp 90 Centurion, gave her a go and loved her finishing, but she isnt getting in over TB Son or Puskas.

Have Centurion Rashford, but even he isnt getting in over EOAE Rapinoe. I have so many options I cant even make a consistent team

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
My team:

Thunders Van de Saar

RTTK Clauss
Blanc
IF Van Dijk
RTTK Bacha

IF Son
Thunders Ballack
RTTK Bruno
POTM Salah

Evo R Keane
Gert Muller

5 mil coins team and still can't get more than 12-13 wins in Champs.
Only tradable player is G Muller.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I finally bought it in the black friday sales, 50% off.
It took me a while to get the hang of it, i only play career mode. Its been a massive improvement from the previous one. I have far less moments where I feel like the Ai has turned into superman and far less moments where my players do utterly idiotic things. The dribbling system is a big improvement for me. I still find the managerial objectives to at times be pretty stupid and not in line with how a team is developing. Winning Div2 and then being expected to win Div 1 is just dumb for example. There are still moments where I dont feel like I am in control but the game being an utter dick happens far less now. Still not great with switching defenders, thankfully some of the youtube tutorials are helping. Its a shame the International teams are so few.

EvilChuck

How does champs matchmaking work?

I am almost exactly the same every weekend. Start 8-2, get to 11-5, have 4 games to go for 14, or settle for 11 wins.

I've gone full Brexitball. 4-4-2. Crosses. Lots of them. Overlapping full-backs. Big bodies right down the spine. Smallest of the 6 central players is 6ft Marcos Llorente.

I've got Bacha and Hemp down the left, both with Whipped Pass+ and this hypercharged Trippier, also with Whipped Pass+. Forwards are Haaland and Lewandowski.

Finished 19-1 this weekend. I think I got half of those wins on surprise alone. People are just thrown by the weird switchup in style compared to most players.

I'm also steadily Evo-ing 6'9 monster striker Kyle Hudlin. Might never be good enough to play... but if the right Evo hits my Brexitballers will be feasting. 5 inches taller than Van Dijk. That's the difference between Lisandro and Vidic.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
God I hate these fecking finesse shots

I can't wrap my head around all the stuff those idiots aren't patching

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
God I hate these fecking finesse shots

I can't wrap my head around all the stuff those idiots aren't patching
Before finesse shots there a bigger problem, the constant pressure, high depth that is absolutely atrocious to play against.
I was up 3-0 within 10 minutes against a guy this WL and he beat me 5-4 at the end by going ultra attacking and high pressure since minute 10 to 90. Couldn't do anything about, he won all the balls, basically the game was played in my half from minute 10 to 90.
Absolutely horrible.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Before finesse shots there a bigger problem, the constant pressure, high depth that is absolutely atrocious to play against.
I was up 3-0 within 10 minutes against a guy this WL and he beat me 5-4 at the end by going ultra attacking and high pressure since minute 10 to 90. Couldn't do anything about, he won all the balls, basically the game was played in my half from minute 10 to 90.
Absolutely horrible.
High pressure is annoying but I can deal with that. But those finesse shots and the trivelas.. it is so frustrating that it is easier to score from 30 meters than from 10. Remove the 71 depth thing and this will get even worse.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I've gone full Brexitball. 4-4-2. Crosses. Lots of them. Overlapping full-backs. Big bodies right down the spine. Smallest of the 6 central players is 6ft Marcos Llorente.

I've got Bacha and Hemp down the left, both with Whipped Pass+ and this hypercharged Trippier, also with Whipped Pass+. Forwards are Haaland and Lewandowski.

Finished 19-1 this weekend. I think I got half of those wins on surprise alone. People are just thrown by the weird switchup in style compared to most players.

I'm also steadily Evo-ing 6'9 monster striker Kyle Hudlin. Might never be good enough to play... but if the right Evo hits my Brexitballers will be feasting. 5 inches taller than Van Dijk. That's the difference between Lisandro and Vidic.
How do you get your strikers in position? Crossing doesn’t work effectively for me because the strikers always seems to come short in the ball side channel rather than get to the far post for a cross. I find you don’t really have time to player lock.

padr81

Supports
Man City
High pressure is annoying but I can deal with that. But those finesse shots and the trivelas.. it is so frustrating that it is easier to score from 30 meters than from 10. Remove the 71 depth thing and this will get even worse.
Agree you can play through the high pressure with some manual passes and lobbed passes along with using the hug sideline option I find.
If some fecker rocks up with Salah, Song, Grizmann and Benzema high press is your only hope but they'll still get one or two off. The ball roll to trevela is supre hard to defend in particular, way tougher than finesse shots because you can't dive in on the ball roll.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I wonder what Wes Burns has been playing when he's not playing real football.

Chip pass over the press, ball out to the winger, fake shot followed by r1 dribble and trivela.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How does champs matchmaking work?

I am almost exactly the same every weekend. Start 8-2, get to 11-5, have 4 games to go for 14, or settle for 11 wins.
Samies. I've gone 9-1 and 8-2 for the past two weekend leagues and then all of a sudden I'll lose 4 in a row and it's an absolute scramble to get 14. Most of the time I just settle on 11 wins now.

I don't know if it's de history of tottenham in me or what

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Samies. I've gone 9-1 and 8-2 for the past two weekend leagues and then all of a sudden I'll lose 4 in a row and it's an absolute scramble to get 14. Most of the time I just settle on 11 wins now.

I don't know if it's de history of tottenham in me or what
Theoretically games get harder when you have more wins and that's since the start of WL. No matter how I start I always finish with around the same number of wins 11-14

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

This is cool! I hate playing against the same player 20 times every weekend, the same Youtube tactics, it's awful.

Woodzy

I played seasons for the first time this evening. Annoyingly addictive.

Won 14 out of 15 games and drew the last one because I dicked about trying a manual long pass (which are fantastic when you get it right).

The highlight was the first game, where I was 3-0 up and went 3-3 in injury time and instantly received a crude message from the guy that just equalised. I went straight up the other end and scored and then the guy quit, was great.

SirAF

Ageist
I played seasons for the first time this evening. Annoyingly addictive.

Won 14 out of 15 games and drew the last one because I dicked about trying a manual long pass (which are fantastic when you get it right).

The highlight was the first game, where I was 3-0 up and went 3-3 in injury time and instantly received a crude message from the guy that just equalised. I went straight up the other end and scored and then the guy quit, was great.
I love Seasons, that's pretty much what I've always played since I can't stand the UT concept :p Currently bouncing between 4th and 2nd division, it's fun but infuriating!

Oranges038

Bought this as a Christmas Present.

Played a couple of games, so far it's an awful awful game.