Gaming EA FC 24

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The really specific leading questions make me laugh.

"That looks awesome! Can you tell me anything about specific training BEFORE a game?"

"Well actually yes we've added this cutscene you can't skip"

"Incredible."

Who falls for this shit? If it's nobody then why do it?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of the new things is to spectate games? Amazing! :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
One of the new things is to spectate games? Amazing! :lol:
:lol: it's the laziest shit ever. Set both sides to be played by the AI. Boom.

The fact you can already do this and they're selling it as one of the main new things in the mode is a piss take.

seegoblu

despite it all, they'll still sell millions of copies this year and therefore not be incentivized to make any substantive changes that their consumers have asked for over the years...sounds like the owners of a very reputable English Premier League football club owned by a family of Americans who look like gerbil scrotums

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Just make something that's vaguely not shite as a football sim. It can't be that hard. They've nearly done it by accident a couple of times.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just make something that's vaguely not shite as a football sim. It can't be that hard. They've nearly done it by accident a couple of times.
When was that? 2015?

Im considering reinstalling PES 2021 with a new options file. I need a footy game to play a new career / master league mode with United and our new signings and clearly Konami aren’t going to release anything new that’s of any worth anytime soon.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
When was that? 2015?

Im considering reinstalling PES 2021 with a new options file. I need a footy game to play a new career / master league mode with United and our new signings and clearly Konami aren’t going to release anything new that’s of any worth anytime soon.
There was one that would have been decent except it was insanely too fast, even on the lower speed settings. I can't remember the year though.

I tried going back to pes 2021 a few monthsback, and it just felt so slow and clumsy, and I was instantly reminded how it basically fixes the outcome of every game in master league.

There's such a massive hole in the market for a decent football sim. Needs something like what Konami did when PES first became a thing. Concentrate on making a good football game and worry about the teams and licences after. Fifa was so bad last year it was a massive cheek to even include a single player option. Like a holiday resort advertising its own beach front when the beach is actually a nuclear testing ground in the middle of a swamp.

Chief123

Anyone else played it yet?

I’ve been playing since last night. I really like it!

Lots of new animations. The variations in shooting and passing is very cool. The game is really open so anyone who struggled with defending previously might smash a few controllers. But with it being beta I’m certain a lot of it will be fine tuned.

It’s the biggest change to fifa gameplay I’ve seen for years. Impressed so far though. Sadly this is going to result in a lot of wasted time!

Chief123

Anyone else get a beta code?

I was supposed to have access to ultimate team but it's not there :(
Even with ultimate team, it would be wasted effort as everything from beta doesn’t get passed over to official version.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Lots of new animations. The variations in shooting and passing is very cool. The game is really open so anyone who struggled with defending previously might smash a few controllers. But with it being beta I’m certain a lot of it will be fine tuned.

It’s the biggest change to fifa gameplay I’ve seen for years. Impressed so far though. Sadly this is going to result in a lot of wasted time!
Not falling for this again.

flameinthesun

Oh you poor child.....happens every year.....

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!

Who hacked Chief123's acocunt?????

Chief123

Oh you poor child.....happens every year.....
To be honest I’ve been playing every fifa since the 90s like an addict. This year was the least I’ve played. Hoping it stays like that but this version does play good so far!

Chief123

Anyone else get a beta code?

I was supposed to have access to ultimate team but it's not there :(
Have you worked out how to turn off second man indicator? For some reason they’ve made the player cursor green instead of red which now looks similar to second man indicator. Doesn’t seem to be anywhere to turn it off! Driving me nuts.

flameinthesun

To be honest I’ve been playing every fifa since the 90s like an addict. This year was the least I’ve played. Hoping it stays like that but this version does play good so far!
Tbf they do tend to start out playing well but pretty soon after updates etc something always happens to the gameplay

Chief123

Tbf they do tend to start out playing well but pretty soon after updates etc something always happens to the gameplay
Yep every year the patches seem to gradually destroy the game as they try and fix broken aspects of the gameplay. Let’s see how this one develops.

As someone who can normally compete at a high level, I must say the defending is a real challenge so far. A combination of jockeying and team mate pressing is required.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

Until EA decide to patch it all and make the game feel exactly like every other year.

Hopefully it is better than 2023 because this is the worst Fifa in years, absolutely terrible.

binary bot
Patches play some part but we underestimate the effect of getting used to timings, patterns of play, which shots work etc. The fun in Fifa at the start is largely due to higher error by not being familiar with the game. Week 2 you largely know which shots, crosses and passes work. When to bring your defender, keeper etc.

This is made worse by power creep of players in Ultimate team. The shitter your team the more fun the game.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Patches play some part but we underestimate the effect of getting used to timings, patterns of play, which shots work etc. The fun in Fifa at the start is largely due to higher error by not being familiar with the game. Week 2 you largely know which shots, crosses and passes work. When to bring your defender, keeper etc.

This is made worse by power creep of players in Ultimate team. The shitter your team the more fun the game.
I can confirm this isn't true. Fifa 14 I was working away for 9 months and had no WiFi to connect the xbox to so had the base version without updates for 9 months. Most fun I've ever had with any fifa. It played great the whole time I was there. Came home, downloaded all the updates and the game instantly felt disgusting.

acnumber9

I got the Beta for this and played one game. It was genuinely awful. So bad I don’t think I’ll be bothering with it this year and it’s normally my most played game.

hobbers

Predictably, it's a stinky pile of shit.

Changed the name but havent changed the shitty bug ridden Frostbite engine and still running a skeleton crew.

Chief123

Very true. As players learn the mechanics of the game, what worked early on start to get negated.

I do think patches often break things that worked fine. Defending, or passing/shooting has been broken by later patches.

Chief123

I got the Beta for this and played one game. It was genuinely awful. So bad I don’t think I’ll be bothering with it this year and it’s normally my most played game.
To be fair I wasn’t feeling it until having played 4/5 games. It’s a very different feel to the previous versions.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
remaster pes 6 with online master league. done.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
EA Sports Ice Skating Soccer 24.

How are the physics still this bad? They're just doubling down on the FrostShite engine again.
Their only hope is doing what FM did and admitting they've been building on a broken engine for years. Write the next game off and put all focus onto a brand new engine.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Comes out this Friday for the ultimate edition, next week Friday for the full edition. Didn't realize it was so soon. Expecting no change but at least I tend to get a couple of months of interest in before I abandon it

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
First time this has come out where I've been completely unaware of the release date and haven't pre-ordered.

hobbers

They have made some decent changes to clubs.

Gameplay still garbage and the bugs that existed from fifa 19 onwards are of course all still there and will be joined by new ones no doubt.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
TBF i always enjoy the early grind from a shit team to getting a good squad in FUT. Gameplay is usually far better in early days too before it becomes too fast and arcadey (and the power of everyone becoming 90+ pace has an impact there too). Lately they make it far too easy to get strong teams though which kills it a bit.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Going to be super fun doing evolutions on Garnacho, Mainoo, Pellistri, Hojlund etc

Looking forward to building a full United team with them.