Gaming EA FC 24

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
So do you really get this a week early for buying the ultimate edition? They’re fecking shameless.

I thought it was released this weekend
It's been like that for about 5 years now. But Ultimate Edition doesn't just allow access to the game a week early, it also means you get 4600 FIFA points.

At the end of the day EA is a business and Ultimate Team is a cash cow. Blame the people that are will to pay for it. That is capitalism and if there is a demand for it, the supply will continue.

Last edited:

flameinthesun

Played the whole day in Rivals....its exactly the same game as last year just with some visual updates to the menus. Literally the exact same game.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
If you can still just run through the middle of the pitch and score over and over due to the defenders being so unreactive I'm not going near this.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Get better then.
The issue is I was playing on career mode on legendary and winning every game about 10-2.

But thanks for the weird reply.

Fifa online has always been garbage to me. Occasionally mildly amusing when you're playing against a manchild (or actual child) and can witness them throw a tantrum if you start winning by more than one goal, but that wears thin extremely quickly.

Frank White

I swear they used to wait a couple of weeks before they went full pay to win? We're 1 hour in to the game being released and they have 50k's and 175k's in store. Game is basically the same, a bit slower but I'm sure that will change with a patch or two.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Not a fan so far.

I find the menus confusing at the moment. Navigating around has become much harder.

The gameplay is just the sane as last year. I am having fun using Toone and a few united girls though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Got Hojlund and put him to be my evolutions guys... got a nice hat trick first game. He feels pretty good. Garnacho feels shit though. Did a game of seasons and Amad feels great though

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Why can I gun down 20 people in GTA V, get arrested and be released 6 hours later?

Doesn't happen in real life

predator

Youth NITK
Menus are a bit shit, music doesn't seem great either but I do kinda like the inclusion of women on the UT mode. They add more options I guess.

Gameplay isn't too bad but it will obviously change. Keepers are drunk though and I keep getting frozen screens on the transfer market etc. Bugs everywhere.

lilcurt

Menus are a bit shit, music doesn't seem great either but I do kinda like the inclusion of women on the UT mode. They add more options I guess.

Gameplay isn't too bad but it will obviously change. Keepers are drunk though and I keep getting frozen screens on the transfer market etc. Bugs everywhere.
I can't enjoy UT with how they have integrated women. I'm all for adding them to the mode, but they should make you create either a male or female squad, mixing the sexes together is too immersion breaking and the alignment of the stats is wild.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
So funny watching the meltdown over women being in the game after years of players having super human speed, completely different positions than usual, VVD striker, Zlatan CB etc

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So funny watching the meltdown over women being in the game after years of players having super human speed, completely different positions than usual, VVD striker, Zlatan CB etc
again, that's dumb as feck too, but the problem isn't women being in the game, it's the extension of UT being a stupid unrealistic loot-to-win crapstain of a game rather than try to improve career mode and other game modes. I'd much rather play a career mode where I get to use the women in the WSL etc. than Ultimate Team.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
again, that's dumb as feck too, but the problem isn't women being in the game, it's the extension of UT being a stupid unrealistic loot-to-win crapstain of a game rather than try to improve career mode and other game modes. I'd much rather play a career mode where I get to use the women in the WSL etc. than Ultimate Team.
Yeah UT is crap and completely killed fifa for me eventually. But that's not because women have been added at all, infact if it was just the women being added and they got rid of the crap loot boxes and stupid promos the game would become playable again.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
The menus and general layout is absolutely horrific. It’s taking ages to do anything on UT as it’s just not a fluid experience. Nothing really works/makes sense. The shortcut button is nice, but still isn’t as good as the older, easier system. The objective menu might be the worst improvement in a game ever. It is like they tried to make it as hard as possible to see what the objectives are/which ones you’ve unlocked. It’s incredibly non user friendly. The app is the same.
Gameplay feels the same, keepers are awful.

hobbers

Women in ultimate team might help a few snap out of playing such a pointless, brainless pay to win enterprise.

The new stylistic stuff they’ve added for clubs, especially the match intro, is fecking vile. And you can’t turn it off or turn the sound down. Classic EA.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah UT is crap and completely killed fifa for me eventually. But that's not because women have been added at all, infact if it was just the women being added and they got rid of the crap loot boxes and stupid promos the game would become playable again.
I'm not saying it is because of women. I'm saying it's already broken and women being added and mixed with the men in the system is as stupid as all the other stuff. Its as daft to have VVD playing as a striker as it is to have a top female CB in UT being able to outpace and outmuscle Haaland.

predator

Youth NITK
Opening a pack is like watching transformers.

The whole thing feels alien compared to old FIFAs, and just isnt as enjoyable to play on but I guess that nostalgia talking.

Also why can I only see some of my opponents teams in the loading screen before the match?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Women in ultimate team might help a few snap out of playing such a pointless, brainless pay to win enterprise.
That is the thing though, you can also play and win without paying money. I got to div 2 last year and div 1 the year before without even putting a penny into the game. The main reason I enjoy playing Ultimate Team is building my team from scratch without using any Fifa Points.

Unfortunately you will come across super teams but usually the people that pay a fortune for these teams are usually not even that good at the game. You just need to know how to get a very good team by making the most of the rewards.

EA are never going to change Ultimate Team because it's a business that makes them so much money from minimal effort.

Ted Lasso

Does anyone want help breaking their addiction? Some choice words or judgement to highlight the futility of playing this game and enjoying your life in the same sentence?

dannyrhinos89

Ok I’ve turned the music off, it seems very one sided this year considering it’s 99% crappy “rap” songs, do EA think that everyone playing this is a 13 year old roadman that wears balaclavas and rides around on 100cc mopeds.

lilcurt

I'm actually thankful for the changes to UT this year. I quit it last year after spending stupid money and realising it all all a load of tosh. The changes this year just reinforce that.

I feel EA have taken the series into a weird place. For years FIFA didn't have the best gameplay, but it was the most authentic in terms of names, kits, clubs, player likeness etc. That is why I feel many of my generation stuck with it over PES/ISS. The UT mode is the opposite of all that, a mode that was once, build your own team from packs and play online, is now filled with unrealistic cards and now a mix of men and women in a single team.

Meller

Ok I’ve turned the music off, it seems very one sided this year considering it’s 99% crappy “rap” songs, do EA think that everyone playing this is a 13 year old roadman that wears balaclavas and rides around on 100cc mopeds.
Well...

binary bot
Last few years I’ve quit around November when the power creep made the game boring

Bought the 10hr trial expecting to fly through it this weekend and end up buying the full thing but I’ve got 9hrs left and no motivation to play it. I think it’s just ran its course for me.

wish a company would develop a free to play pro clubs

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The offline gameplay this year is actually half-decent. Not Pro Evo standards but certainly not unplayable.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The menus are so bad. I'm glad others are saying it as I thought I was just being dumb. But it seems a lot harder to navigate, probably as difficult at they could have made it. I've actually given up a couple of times trying to find things. For example when I'm looking at my club, I couldn't find an option to clear the squad.

As others have said also, the objectives UI is crap. You have to scroll through every objective to find the ones you've completed.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I only really play career mode or occasionally seasons.

Anything new?
Same here.

It was garbage/literally broken last year due to how overpowered the forwards were with speed.

With PES/e-football being reduced to some kind of crappy demo I'm kind of relying on this to at least be semi enjoyable, and also not holding out much hope.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I only really play career mode or occasionally seasons.

Anything new?
Career mode hasn’t been overhauled. So much of the same.
But there are a few incremental improvements in gameplay:

The goalkeeping animations are heaps better and whilst I still feel the gameplay is too quick, there is a bit more variety in scoring opportunities.

The precision pass feature is satisfying if pulled off correctly. But it’s still a game that prioritises quick players which sucks out a bit of the fun.

Overall I’d say that it still plays like the FIFA of old but there is a bit more attention to making the gameplay feel realistic. The AI now preempt through passes with a bit more accuracy too.

With no master league in E-football yet, I’ll be sticking to this for now.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Anybody playing on pc? I occasionally got myself a fifa game every second year or so but always read the same criticism on pc that contrary to consoles we only got last years tech with an updated roster.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Anybody playing on pc? I occasionally got myself a fifa game every second year or so but always read the same criticism on pc that contrary to consoles we only got last years tech with an updated roster.
Yeah I’m a PC player. It doesn’t feel too much different to last year.

dannyrhinos89

I swear This game is doing everything in its might to stop me playing.

just opened the 84x5 pack on season progress got 4 84 rated women and nkunku. I’m not against women being in the game but I don’t use them.

SirAF

Ageist
What does my head in is the sweaty high press everyone's using. It's fecking impossible to string a pass together, it's so frantic!