Ed Woodward's house attacked by 20-30 balaclava wearing "United fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
And there it is. A job well done Neil Ashton.
Oh. We’re not allowed to feel empathy for people who receive death threats and thugs in balaclavas outside their home now?

I get it. Some of your hatred for a bloke doing his job is really sad.

patty123

So you really think that M&M wouldn't have sold their shares if it wasn't for their private spat with Sir Alex?
Well based on the interview they gave to Ireland's national broadcasters (RTE) not long after they sold, they both claimed they has no intentions of selling, but were actually looking to increase their shares, but felt like they had no choice given Fergie's attitude towards them after it and even Roy Keane makes mention of his attitude towards them in his book.

So the answer to you're question based on what they have said, no. Now one does have to remember we can say anything after the fact, but they never gave any notion before the horse crap they wanted out as far as I know.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Some really weird and thick people in this thread.

No matter what you think of Woodward in terms of football there is absolutely no reason for people in balaclavas to be turning up outside his home or one of his properties and causing distressing and violent behaviour, even if it is just a flare. People take football far too bloody seriously and forget about the personal boundaries outside of the football bubble. People labelling it as 'not disgusting' - have a word. Just because his family and he wasn't there, how were those responsible meant to know that? They didn't. They probably would have preferred he was there and it's about the principle. There could have been family including children within the property and the emotional damage of something like this happening because a couple of cnuty 'fans' aren't happy with the job their father is doing is very much 'disgusting'. They're lucky there was nobody in the property at the time otherwise this could have been a lot worse.

There is a correct way of directing anger and disdain of someone and this isn't it. Neither are chants calling for physical harm to a person.

I feel sorry a bit for Woodward. He's doing a job which is a high profile yet still normal job in the real world yet he's doing it in the football bubble so every little decision he makes is going to be scrutinised or analysed to an extreme level purely for the industry which he is in. He's clearly doing a poor job in regards to the fans opinion but in the eyes of his employers he is doing well hence why they are keeping him in that position. Is that wrong? I'm not sure as I don't read enough about internal affairs at United to do so but from an outside perspective I would be more unhappy with his employers than with Woodward himself as they seem to be quite content with him. He's also backed Ole in the summer with the Maguire, AWB and James moves along with the Fernandes move this January too so it's not like he has been particularly shy with the chequebook either despite many wanting to lambast him for the Haaland ordeal (but that's for another thread).

He also receives a ton of vitriol from the likes of Neville and Ferdinand each week. I don't mind criticism but I wouldn't be surprised if this adds a bit of extra fuel to the fire in terms of these fans that think they can get away with and do things like this.

In a wider perspective it once again is a reminder that inside the 'football bubble' your everyday person thinks that they can suddenly get away with and become absolute cretins and do something like this though and it's something the FA and PL need to try and tackle.
Well said. Moaning about Utd on here or in the pub with your mates is one thing but to don balaclavas and visit someones home ... well, moronic is a light word for it. Any condoning of it on here is weird.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Wow, worst thread I’ve seen in a long time. Personally think some bans are in order for anyone condoning this attack.
I’ve received a quality control warning for stating Ed’s Marketing deals saved us and he’s getting a bad rap... whether you agree or not I explained my opinion with logic and fact which is more then the people that replied did . Based on that, I really doubt we’ll be seeing banning’s for people that condone the attack on Ed’s house.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Only poster I've seen condoning the attack was fergiesarmy, and he's already been banned.
Anyone taking the “conspiracy theory” line is effectively condoning the attack. The forum needs varied opinions on almost every topic but must be unanimous in opposing this sort of stuff.

JB7

Oh. We’re not allowed to feel empathy for people who receive death threats and thugs in balaclavas outside their home now?

I get it. Some of your hatred for a bloke doing his job is really sad.
I don't really care either way for Woodward but "just doing his job" isn't a defense for anything. He has known what he's been doing all along and facilitated a takeover that should have been illegal and has since refused to bring in a football person to look after operations because he likes the spotlight. Whichever way you look at it the guy is a cnut.

My original view is that the "attack" was incredibly staged and very convenient considering all the circumstances. This appears to be incorrect based on the information out there, so I'd update my view to say that it has targeted the wrong person/people in my opinion.

However quite frankly if it had been done by "Ultras" of a club abroad I am certain people would be lapping it up. But it's Man United and apparently our fan base has to pretend to be shocked and act holier than thou, despite us having previous for exactly these type of happenings in the past.

Smores

Anyone taking the “conspiracy theory” line is effectively condoning the attack. The forum needs varied opinions on almost every topic but must be unanimous in opposing this sort of stuff.
Not that i believe those theories but it's not condoning the attack if the point of said theory is that it didn't happen?

Didn't we have something like this against Rooney a few years ago? Probably the same idiots.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
This is why I am against the build a bonfire, put Ed on the top chants. Most people don’t actually mean it, but it can excite acts of hatred and terrorism. Chant against Ed and the owners, but nothing about killing them.
Agree. How anyone can chant those woords without feeling embarrassed is beyond me.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
This is all just so shite.

Shitty fans
Shitty people
Shitty owners
Shitty behaviour
Shitty across the board

Greck

I thought it was posted on their Snapchat by the perps themselves. Why is there speculation that the Sun was present. Put away your junior detective sets lads. The police have been involved so if it's a hoax any investigation will be quickly called off and those involved in any such hoax could face penalties for wasting police resources

TrueRed79

This is all just so shite.

Shitty fans
Shitty people
Shitty owners
Shitty behaviour
Shitty across the board
And this is why the whole club needs a full reset, starting with the owners. Until then or they suddenly realise Ed is doing an awful job and get rid of him first, we will have this underlying toxic feeling at the club. Apathy has finally turned to anarchy. I'm not surprised one bit by this.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
No... No it isn't...

People who believe 911 was an inside job aren't 'condoning Islamic terrorists' are they? They're two separate issues.

You might disagree with them, but people who believe this is a set-up are not 'condoning' anything.

My advice would be to directly ask anyone who you think is condoning this if they condone it.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
However quite frankly if it had been done by "Ultras" of a club abroad I am certain people would be lapping it up. But it's Man United and apparently our fan base has to pretend to be shocked and act holier than thou, despite us having previous for exactly these type of happenings in the past.
Yes its terrible when we try to better than other clubs whose fans attack the homes of senior employees

matt10000

.My original view is that the "attack" was incredibly staged and very convenient considering all the circumstances. This appears to be incorrect based on the information out there, so I'd update my view to say that it has targeted the wrong person/people in my opinion.
It should have not have been targeted at anyone, the 'attack' should not have happened
No one is pretending to be shocked they are just saying that it was wrong.

Lord

We are all disgusted with the absolute state and mismanagement of the footballing side of the club, but jesus this is just scumbags being absolute knuckledraggers. I hope they all go to prison.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Will have to strongly disagree with you there then. I think the "false flag" theory is very weak but I don't think anyone pushing it condones these acts, regardless of who they believe were behind them.

Amarsdd

A group of idiots turn up at Woodward's place at a time when the guy is feeling the heat. Strangely enough they invite a the Sun's photographer (ie the same paper our new PR man happened to previously worked for) with no fear that this photographer might call the police who would actually catch them in the act. Not only that they also allow themselves to be interviewed as sources and the place is strangely empty. Comeon is that even normal?
I'd always like to think about conspiracy theories from both sides in terms of risks and rewards. From the side of these "fans", obviously there is animosity against Woodward, so some feckin idiots doing this is not far out reality in their heads as just protest and get their frustration out against whom they feel is guilty and just want it to get publicized. From Woodward's point of view, if this was a PR stunt, all he gets is a slight bit of sympathy from the media and fans for the news cycle. Thats it. But if it is to be found out that it was all staged and completely a PR stunt, Woodward would be completely hounded out by both the media and fans. And I don't think you can get away from something like this even in the position he is in.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Well based on the interview they gave to Ireland's national broadcasters (RTE) not long after they sold, they both claimed they has no intentions of selling, but were actually looking to increase their shares, but felt like they had no choice given Fergie's attitude towards them after it and even Roy Keane makes mention of his attitude towards them in his book.

So the answer to you're question based on what they have said, no. Now one does have to remember we can say anything after the fact, but they never gave any notion before the horse crap they wanted out as far as I know.
A different point of view is that Man Utd and the horses are two separate businesses. Business isn’t personal. Why let what happened with the horses effect Man Utd and i’m certain if they didn’t want to sell they would not have sold. They sold because it was financially very lucrative for them to sell.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

All of which had an axe to grind towards the man. Don't take me wrong, I criticised the old man myself. In fact, while I do believe he's the most important person in our club's history I don't think he's infallible. I believe his lack of meritocracy hurt the club (brother hired as chief scout, former business partner/Liverpool's legend given a contract, some players he liked were kept waaaay beyond their expiry date and he pushed for his matey at Everton to become his successor etc) and which contributed greatly to our decline (old squad, no DOF etc). His spat with M&M is nothing short of disgraceful. Any other manager at any other given club would have had his arse handled by it. However I don't believe that ruthless business men like the M&M would be pushed out of a profitable venture by a then 64 year something employee. I think it was more about the rumoured 125m profit they made by selling their shares to the Glazers.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'd always like to think about conspiracy theories from both sides in terms of risks and rewards. From the side of these "fans", obviously there is animosity against Woodward, so some feckin idiots doing this is not far out reality in their heads as just protest and get their frustration out against whom they feel is guilty and just want it to get publicized. From Woodward's point of view, if this was a PR stunt, all he gets is a slight bit of sympathy from the media and fans for the news cycle. Thats it. But if it is to be found out that it was all set up and completely a PR stunt, Woodward would be completely hounded out by both the media and fans. And I don't think you can get away from something like this even in the position he is in.
Look mate, I don't know what happened as I wasn't there. If I was there then I would have gone away and called the police not only out of respect towards any human beings living in the house but also out of respect towards anyone in the neighbourhood. This could have ended up into a fire, with people (including those idiots) dying and property lost. However I find it all a bit too convenient for my taste.

Regarding your argument we know very well that it's very difficult to prove that a specific someone is spreading fake news and when the guy is actually caught, the consequences are usually non existent. If it wasn't the case then Trump & Boris wouldn't be leading the US/UK and Mussol erm Salvini wouldn't be in his route to become Italy's next PM.

Dailey-mufc

Imagine if the Bruno deal was still off, I bet this place wouldn't overreact like this

Acquire Me

Thanks! I bought my first Ericsson 1992, same year as my daughter was born. Great phone

Oops! I don’t know why Antoine Greizmann pops up in my mind. Strange. Maybe to much fake news has passed my memory lately.
How does that help anything other than you being a little prick? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.