Eden Hazard 16/17 Performances

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Unbelievable season so far.

Last edited:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Ever? Ever? Some of the threads created on this forum in past few days. We've had resident Scousers telling us about our problems on how to fix them as if they are already at the summit to our own congratulating City for triumphing over Barcelona in a group game to this :lol:

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
I've edited the post since that seems so controversial on here. Then again, if people think Bale's a better player than I can understand the outrage.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He is better than the Tottenham version of Bale.
Nah. That Bale was a force of nature, plus he had two iconic games against Inter, Hazard never showed the same level of domination on the pitch (even today)

AXVnee7

How can you say he's better than players like Suarez, Shearer and Bergkamp for example? Even Aguero?
Never mind the other positions; Scholes, Keane, Gerrard, Viera to name a few midfielders.

You must watch selective games or something

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
He's actually been quite special this season. Problem is we're talking about 11 games only and I've certainly seen players having better 11 game spells than him. Comfortably better ones.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
" Hazard was too expensive, Kagawa was value." Die a little every time I remember that quote.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He is better than the Tottenham version of Bale.
Let's calm down and have this conversation at the end of season. The last season of Bale ranks as one of the best ever individual seasons by a Premier League player and is up there with Henry 03/04, Ronaldo 07/08, RVP 11/12 and Suarez 13/14. Hazard needs to string more of these performances before it warrants a conversation like that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's been great but ffs, the exaggeration :houllier:
Same with people saying Bale at Spurs that one year. So many better individual seasons even if you ignore Ronaldo/Henry. RVP at Arsenal in his last year. Rooney 09/10. Suarez 13/14. Giggs, Beckham and Scholes in many different seasons. Gerrard. Lampard. Shearer. Bergkamp. The list goes on. Keep the hyperbole for the truly special players like Ronaldo, those who proved to be one of the very best in the world over a whole season.

RedStarUnited

Let's calm down and have this conversation at the end of season. The last season of Bale ranks as one of the best ever individual seasons by a Premier League player and is up there with Henry 03/04, Ronaldo 07/08, RVP 11/12 and Suarez 13/14. Hazard needs to string more of these performances before it warrants a conversation like that.
Thank you! Football is very 'in the moment' these days. A team is either shit or hot depending on the form of its last 3 or so games.

Moby

Dick
Always rated his ability, though the temperament is not always there. When he's in the mood there's not much you'd have instead.

RedStarUnited

He's been great but ffs, the exaggeration :houllier:
Same with people saying Bale at Spurs that one year. So many better individual seasons even if you ignore Ronaldo/Henry. RVP at Arsenal in his last year. Rooney 09/10. Suarez 13/14. Giggs, Beckham and Scholes in many different seasons. Gerrard. Lampard. Shearer. Bergkamp. The list goes on. Keep the hyperbole for the truly special players like Ronaldo, those who proved to be one of the very best in the world over a whole season.
Bale has never had a better year since. And in terms of quality of goals, he scored some of the best goals you will see in a league campaign any where.

bosnian_red

Bale has never had a better year since. And in terms of quality of goals, he scored some of the best goals you will see in a league campaign any where.
Yeah Bale was great from shooting from outside of the box that season, but it is not one of the best individual seasons ever, that's ridiculous to claim. Where did Spurs finish that year? 5th. Or in other words, they did feck all. His first half of the season was very quiet as well overall, though he obviously exploded in the second half. Also why would it matter if he has or hasn't had a better year since? Last season was better anyway, but that really makes no difference.

bosnian_red

An overstatement how? Bale scored 31 goals that season. He was ridiculous and won Spurs games after game with outrageous goals.
21 league goals and 4 assists... Like it's excellent numbers, but you say he won spurs game after game. Yet they only finished 5th and in the end, failed with their objective. It's not like 2nd/3rd/4th were that good that year either. United ran away with the title, and the rest were way behind. He did score about 10 screamers that season, that's true, but that doesn't make it "one of the best seasons ever". A lot of games he wouldn't even impact other then the odd shot from range he would take, which of course is a huge quality, but he still didn't run games or just have great performances, game after game. It was more... He had insane goals in the second half of the season most games, but overall have pretty quiet performances, and that's why Spurs in the end didn't achieve more.

Zoo

" Hazard was too expensive, Kagawa was value." Die a little every time I remember that quote.
Even if we had matched the agent fee he would have chosen Chelsea anyway, he wanted London and was regularly jumping on the Eurostar across the channel. Also Kagawa had a promising first season and would have gone on to be a good player for us had SAF stayed I think.

Moby

Dick
and was regularly jumping on the Eurostar across the channel.
You'd think a multi-millionaire footballer being paid thousands of pounds every week could at least afford a flight?
Was he really doing that or did you just make it up?

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
21 league goals and 4 assists... Like it's excellent numbers, but you say he won spurs game after game. Yet they only finished 5th and in the end, failed with their objective. It's not like 2nd/3rd/4th were that good that year either. United ran away with the title, and the rest were way behind. He did score about 10 screamers that season, that's true, but that doesn't make it "one of the best seasons ever". A lot of games he wouldn't even impact other then the odd shot from range he would take, which of course is a huge quality, but he still didn't run games or just have great performances, game after game. It was more... He had insane goals in the second half of the season most games, but overall have pretty quiet performances, and that's why Spurs in the end didn't achieve more.
I'd say Spurs got to 5th largely because of him, they had a pretty average side in comparison to their current one. He did have quiet performances but was largely brilliant. Certainly Hazard has yet to achieve anything like that.

Zoo

You'd think a multi-millionaire footballer being paid thousands of pounds every week could at least afford a flight?
Was he really doing that or did you just make it up?
I remember reading that he liked to go home a lot in his first year or so there. He was even dropped for a CL game after returning late from an unsactioned trip because he lost his passport.

bosnian_red

I'd say Spurs got to 5th largely because of him, they had a pretty average side in comparison to their current one. He did have quiet performances but was largely brilliant. Certainly Hazard has yet to achieve anything like that.
Player of the year when they actually won the title? Individually he wasn't as good as Bale that year I agree, what I'm disputing is that either are a patch on the very best seasons ever. That's just wrong. Especially the guy who said it was on par with Ronaldo in 06/07 or 07/08 which is :houllier:. Maybe 08/09 because he was pretty quiet for half the season before exploding, but that Ronaldo was still ahead of that Bale, so again, just no.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
People seem to be forgetting that he was injured much of the early season last year. That definitely contributed to his poor play. He was kept out of the team for an extended period, got fit, and as we all saw came back on fire at the end of the season.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Player of the year when they actually won the title? Individually he wasn't as good as Bale that year I agree, what I'm disputing is that either are a patch on the very best seasons ever. That's just wrong. Especially the guy who said it was on par with Ronaldo in 06/07 or 07/08 which is :houllier:. Maybe 08/09 because he was pretty quiet for half the season before exploding, but that Ronaldo was still ahead of that Bale, so again, just no.
Well I don't think Bale was on par with Ronaldo, Suarez or Henry in their respective best seasons. I do think he was a tier below that alongside (as an example) RvP's last season for Arsenal, and still way ahead of Hazard in his best season.

RedStarUnited

Yeah Bale was great from shooting from outside of the box that season, but it is not one of the best individual seasons ever, that's ridiculous to claim. Where did Spurs finish that year? 5th. Or in other words, they did feck all. His first half of the season was very quiet as well overall, though he obviously exploded in the second half. Also why would it matter if he has or hasn't had a better year since? Last season was better anyway, but that really makes no difference.
Where the team finishes should not have a bearing on the individual's season. Liverpool didnt win anything in 13/14 even though Suarez had the best season in terms of goal per minutes any striker has ever had. btw, Bale scored 9 of his 21 goals in the first 19 games if the season so it probably wasnt 'very quiet'. In terms of his goal output, Bale has yet to match that season, and he is considered one of the top 5 attacking talents in the world right now. Thats why I said that.

Im not saying it was the greatest ever season, but its certainly up there.

bosnian_red

Where the team finishes should not have a bearing on the individual's season. Liverpool didnt win anything in 13/14 even though Suarez had the best season in terms of goal per minutes any striker has ever had. btw, Bale scored 9 of his 21 goals in the first 19 games if the season so it probably wasnt 'very quiet'. In terms of his goal output, Bale has yet to match that season, and he is considered one of the top 5 attacking talents in the world right now. Thats why I said that.

Im not saying it was the greatest ever season, but its certainly up there.
It's not all about the amount of goals they scored though. Or at least not when he only scored 21 goals, which is good of course, but far from great. If he scored like 30+ league goals, then okay, because then he would be verging on premier league records like Ronaldo did in 07/08 (to go along with being a phenomenal all around player). Suarez was way more influential for Liverpool in 13/14, and they were runners up in the league at the end of that season, that's why I mention him. Not 5th. And of course team performance should have a bearing on an individual's season. Someone can have a great season individually but when discussing things like one of the best individual seasons ever, then everything plays a part. Where a team finishes, what impact a player has on everyone else, raising their games because of him, etc.. Spurs was basically the same Spurs as always, but with Bale scoring 30 yard screamers every few games. In terms of his overall game, it's not like he tore defenders apart game after game, or created chance after chance for others, it was really just the moments he came alive to score and then went pretty quiet with his overall game. He didn't "run" games. It's like with Pogba at Juve. He was a highlights player, would come alive on occasion but a lot of the time just drifted around. Rooney in 09/10 scored more goals then Bale did, probably got more assists for us, and in the end, we won a cup, got to QF of the champions league, got second in the league, and there is a fair shot we would have won the league and possibly won the CL had Rooney not gotten injured at the end of the year. That's another recent example of a better individual season. Someone just being class, game after game, and not just providing moments of brilliance, but running games and being class from the 1st minute to the last. That's not what Bale did and that's why while he had an excellent season that year, it's nowhere close to the best.